Baby Showers

"Thank You" Note...

Just wanted to share this GEM of a thank you note I received from my cousin after her shower...

"Thank you so much for sending an outfit for (baby girl). Unfortunately, we didn't really like it, so we had to return it. You're so kind for thinking of us!"

C'mon, people. ETIQUETTE. LEARN IT. Be grateful, say thank you, and move along.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: "Thank You" Note...

• ::speechless::

• :o Wow. Thank you would have been just fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, wow. Just wow. 
  • And that would have been the last gift I gave.  If my taste is so bad that they had to tell me my gifts were returned, they can do without the gifts in the future.
  • I had to read it multiple times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. So rude. It will definitely be the last gift she gets from me.
  • You have GOT to be kidding. That's an unfriendable offense. 

My parents recently received a Thank You postcard from a wedding. It read, "Thank you for coming and for the card, if was great to see you!"  There was a $500 check in the card :/
  • Just wanted to share this GEM of a thank you note I received from my cousin after her shower...

"Thank you so much for sending an outfit for (baby girl). Unfortunately, we didn't really like it, so we had to return it. You're so kind for thinking of us!"

C'mon, people. ETIQUETTE. LEARN IT. Be grateful, say thank you, and move along.
    You have GOT to be kidding. That's an unfriendable offense. 

My parents recently received a Thank You postcard from a wedding. It read, "Thank you for coming and for the card, if was great to see you!"  There was a $500 check in the card :/

What is wrong with people???

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm trying to wrap my head around this.  Do you think she was thinking along these lines:  "If I just send a normal thank-you note, my cousin may wonder why Baby Girl is never dressed in or pictured in the outfit she gave.  I'll let her know that I returned that outfit and got a different one so she won't wonder why the outfit never gets worn."

Not excusing her rudeness, which is extreme -- just trying to think what would motivate someone to write that, other than sheer disrespect and ignorance.  She can't be THAT disrespectful and ignorant, can she?  She had to have been thinking that this was somehow a necessary thing to include in the note.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I'm trying to wrap my head around this.  Do you think she was thinking along these lines:  "If I just send a normal thank-you note, my cousin may wonder why Baby Girl is never dressed in or pictured in the outfit she gave.  I'll let her know that I returned that outfit and got a different one so she won't wonder why the outfit never gets worn."

Not excusing her rudeness, which is extreme -- just trying to think what would motivate someone to write that, other than sheer disrespect and ignorance.  She can't be THAT disrespectful and ignorant, can she?  She had to have been thinking that this was somehow a necessary thing to include in the note.

That's the only thing I can think of, since I believe I made reference to seeing her baby at our family reunion this fall, so maybe she thought I meant that she should wear it to that (which would be weird, since it was a summer sundress, and the reunion is in the fall, but whatever). Still, she totally blew me away with her rudeness.

I should have known better. I didn't even get a thank you note for traveling the 1,000 miles to her wedding and getting her a gift...