Re: Names

• Options
    @HeatSparks I love Margot!
    Married 5/29/09
    DS 8/10/2010 8lbs 6oz
    DD 11/28/2012 8lbs 7oz
    It's a Girl! Due 2/5/2017
  • Options
    @HeatSparks I love Margot! That's on my girl list. I'm just hoping it won't become too popular with Margot Robbie in so many movies at the moment. I think it's beautiful though, I'd still use it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SawyerRichardson that's what my husband said... I didn't even know who she was! I mean, I did when I saw her face. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lately, I'm sort of crushing on old lady names.

Dorothy
    Gertrude
    Pearl
    Josephine
    Mabel
    Pearl is on my list for middle names.
    Rachel, mama to Ava (6), Olivia (4), Nora (2), and baby#4 on the way.

• Options
    Oooohhh I like Pearl for a middle name too. 
    This thread reminds me of how much I loved Cora. 
  • Options
    Here are some "American" names I love but can't use because my family would have a heart attack. (I'm Indian)

Feel free to take

Girl
    Grace
    Penelope
    Rose
    April
    Sarina (sp)? 

Boy
    Leighton
    Elliott
    Ethan
    David

Leighton and Grace I love.  Those are my forever favorites. 

• Options
    Is your H Indian?  @AfKash
  • Options
    Husband is Pakistani.  So same thing would happen on his side of the family, too. 

• Options
    Maybe use an "American" middle name? 

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Haha! True, I could do that! Our culture is very big on the meaning of the name. So Grace definitely has a beautiful meaning  I have no idea what Leighton  means though.  Does anyone know? Does it even have a meaning?

Edit: Googled it. (Sorry, sometimes i forget to use Google when I'm on TB.)
    It means "the town by the meadow. " Not a great meaning but still.

• Options
    Last night, I fell down a rabbit hole: the Name Matchmaker on babynamewizard.com.  Has anyone else played around with this?  It lets you put in names you like and then suggests other names that you might like based on similarities; and you can filter by popularity, culture, etc.  So much fun!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ^^ Awwww shit! You shouldn't have told me about this!

• Options
    I really like Leighton. It sounds old and strong, and I love old names for boys. My son's name is Wyatt which means Brave in War. It's an English surname. That's why we chose Jack for this baby if baby is a boy. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nymbler.com is a similar name-matching site.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    Oooo Wyatt is nice, too!

• Options
    Thank you, I love it. I am a little biased though. It was between that and Rhoyce. I still love Rhoyce, but can't get my husband on board anymore. 

• Options
    LOL I just used the name match maker and, literally, the first 5 girl names listed were on my list already. >.<

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    If it was a boy I was totally for Rhys but now we're having a girl and I'm stumped! I like Brodie, Anya and ??? 
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse I have an 18mo Jack and I have zero name regret. Love it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you, I love it. I am a little biased though. It was between that and Rhoyce. I still love Rhoyce, but can't get my husband on board anymore. 
    You mean like the car?

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    @BumpasaurusRex, yes and no. While I love the car, it was inspired by a character in a book I read while pregnant with my son Wyatt. 

• Options
    Or Prince Royce....the Spanish singer.  :tongue:
    Btw, husband put the lid on having Grace as a middle name because when you translate it to Urdu, it becomes a boy's name.... whatever :expressionless:

• Options
    I did read about Prince Royce, he started bringing back it's popularity. :)

• Options
    I'm feeling pretty stuck on Olivia for a girl. It's weird, because I loved the name Sophia when I was pregnant with DS but quickly nixed it bc of its popularity. I looked up Olivia and was shocked to find it topping the SSA lists - here I thought I was so imaginative - but I'm not really deterred this time... Maybe it's a sign?
  • Options
    krobkrob member
    @MommaBean you can thank Kerry Washington and Scandal for the Olivia hype! If we were having a girl Liv was high on my list. But I was concerned there would be lots of nicknamed Liv's if we did that 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Options
    Ahh good point, @krob! I'm not worrying about it too much at the moment - gotta see what we're having first ;)
  • Options
    Names are so hard this time! This is baby #5 and we aren't finding out the gender since we have 2 boys, 2 girls already. I am so excited for the surprise in the delivery room, but it's tough since we have to choose a boy and a girl name! 
  • Options
      Just call them Thing 1 and Thing 2. 

• Options
    I think we have decided on Tyler for a boy and Lillian for a girl. 

• Options
    And you can't convince him even though it means "son of the King"? I mean, that's pretty flattering for him. ;)
  • Options
    Someone just name my kids for me. I'm all over the board. Halp. These girls will be joining big brothers Carter Patrick and Jack Michael. Last name is an S and one syllable. Husband's favorite name is Avery). All suggestions welcomed, especially with middle name pairings. Or thoughts on these ones...

Avery & Quinn
    (Avery Aurora? Avery Lorelei? Quinn Rosalie? Quinn Annalise?)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love the name Quinn. Are you a fan of giving middle names that have family meaning? I was going to say Quinn Elizabeth would be cute, but then I instantly made the joke, queen elizabeth so that changed my mind. Quinn Annalise is adorable. I really like the name Annalise for a first name as well, it was on my list but husband nixed it. What kind of names are you into, unique or traditional?

• Options
    So, we've been having a REALLY hard time coming up with a boy name we like...and I think we figured it out today...and it's the nerdiest shit ever lol. We love Star Wars in our household, and I thought Kanan sounded like a cool name (Kanan Jarrus from Rebels tv series)...so I pitched it to Hubby and now we both kinda love it. It's not set in stone or anything, but this is the only name we've both been on board with so far haha

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Options
    @bdesterhouse you wouldn't think it, but I usually go for classic and really feminine. But I think those two are my favorite together. Not matchy, but each 5 letters. Mns are so hard with Quinn because of queen... But I think it can be done. 

My best friend/SIL died 18 months ago. Her name was Megan. I was trying to nod towards her but don't particularly care for Megan or her mn. Her and my brother had two little boys, but she always wanted to name a girl Quinn, so I think it's a quiet little tribute. 

Ive always loved Annalise! Husband was meh towards it as well but I might be able to squeeze it in the middle 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HeatSparks I suck at choosing middle names for but I think Avery & Quinn are really cute!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    @scifichick09 how would you pronounce it? Can-non or kay-nan? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So, we've been having a REALLY hard time coming up with a boy name we like...and I think we figured it out today...and it's the nerdiest shit ever lol. We love Star Wars in our household, and I thought Kanan sounded like a cool name (Kanan Jarrus from Rebels tv series)...so I pitched it to Hubby and now we both kinda love it. It's not set in stone or anything, but this is the only name we've both been on board with so far haha
    I've never seen Star Wars, how is that pronounced? 
  • Options
    Awe thats so sweet @HeatSparks. Megan is a hard name to incorporate so I think it's just as sweet to go with a name she liked/wanted for her own children to give tribute to her. Quinn Louise is also cute. Here are some that I found that I think are feminine. Everly, Adelaide (there is an actress on the CW with this name and she is absolutely beautiful), Juliet, Vivian, or Ruby (I was on the fence for awhile on this one, but our friends name their daughter Ruby and she is an absolute doll). My husband says I have a very unique style for names because I am all over the board with what I think is cute. I am sure whatever you guys decide on, they will be perfect for your girls.

• Options
    @heatSparks @gingersnap it's pronounced Kay-nan

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Options
    @bdesterhouse I think we have the same chaotic taste in names! Husband shot down Ruby (every Ruby I've know is awesome). Love Everly/Everleigh, Vivian is gorgeous... Love all of those, actually. Except Juliet. That's an ex name. That name can take a hike ;) 

Pregnancy Ticker