January 2016 Moms
Options

CIO Questions

1235»

Re: CIO Questions

• Options
    @kaym6 no he actually gets much worse as soon as I enter the room! To the point where I have to nurse just to calm him down. 
    @cali1710 he's actually 6 months old now. I just meant that at 4 months the dr gave me the ok to wean night feedings as his weight is in the 90% percentile. I just haven't figured out how to do it!
  • Options
    cali1710cali1710 member
    edited August 2016
    @katiedid0907 gotchya! Sorry! How many bottles do he get? Mine only had one 4 oz so I just cold turkey-ed it for two nights and she was good. But multiple bottles I know some people just decrease the amount each bottle
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SDaniels19SDaniels19 member
    edited August 2016
    @katiedid0907 How long are you waiting before you go in the room for MOTN wakes? If you aren't timing it, I would suggest it. It feels like an eternity when they are crying so I thought I was waiting long enough but once I started timing on my phone, I realized 5 minutes was waaay longer than I had been giving him, and often he will calm down within 5 minutes, the time when we would go in for first check. I do gradually make the checks longer if needed (8 min, then 10) but so far I've only had to do that once in our week of sleep training. Maybe he gets more distracted/upset by you coming in too often? 

ETA: tagged the wrong Katiedid, whoops!!
  • Options
    katiedid0907katiedid0907 member
    edited August 2016
    @cali1710 I nurse at night so I never really know how much he is eating. Sometimes it seems like a lot and other times not so much. Last week my husband gave him bottles of formula overnight because I was working and he said DS gulped down the whole thing.
    @sdaniels good idea...I will try timing tonight. 
  • Options
    I second the timing! When he's in there crying I would bet money it's been 5 minutes and I look and it's been like one lol feels like forever! 
  • Options
    Ya it seems like forever!! But it works. We did ten minutes and worked well. I found when we went in earlier it always wound her up more so we did 10 minutes and it helped her calm herself and get to sleep
  • Options
    At 7 mos, our pediatrician recommended giving an ounce of water instead of feeding (and my husband doing it so she didn't smell me /milk).  According to the dr - feeding her at night was waking up her digestive system and making it harder for her to have a continued restful sleep the rest of the night.  Two nights in and it is like a different baby at night! @katiedid0907