April 2017 Moms
Options

STM + Check in

Hellooooo second time (plus) mamas! 

(Totally copied this from another birth month. Please feel free to add whatever info you would like to say. :smiley: )

How far along are you?

How old are your children?

Weekend updates?

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: STM + Check in

• Options

How far along are you?

5 + 2

He'll be 13 months on the 4th!

Weekend updates?

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings?

We bought him a baby doll to play with but really have no idea at this point. He's pretty young and it's really early. We have some reading to do. Does anyone have any resources to suggest?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    4w5d

DS turned 2 in May

We told our community group we are pregnant, but chickened out with telling my Dad. We also took DS to his first baseball game.

Our guy is so young, I don't know if he will get a "big" announcement, so we will probably just talk to him casually about being a big brother and what big brothers do. Once he is older and the baby is almost here, we may read some books, but I don't have anything official planned. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    scorpiomerscorpiomer member
    edited August 2016

How far along are you?  5 weeks 2 days

How old are your children?  DS 1 will be 6 in Oct (and starts kindergarten this year :( but that is another story) DS 2 just turned 3.

Weekend update.  Nothing except waiting sucks.  I am not very good at exercising patience.

GTKY.  *tw* We told our boys super early last time and telling them about losing baby and answering all their questions for weeks was one of the hardest parts.  So we will wait awhile this time.  I would like to do something fun to tell them though when we are ready to, just not sure what yet.  They loved Daniel Tiger and episode where he gets a baby sister so we will probably use that again.

Edited because TB deleted half my post the first time.

Married: 9/19/09
    DS 1: 10/17/10
    DS 2: 6/30/13
    MMC found 4/2/16   D&C 4/4/16 & 4/10/16
     Cautiously expecting.....EDD 4/1/17
  • Options

How far along are you? 4 weeks 1 day

How old are your children? DD is 2 and...4-ish months. 

Weekend updates? Told my mom, a cousin I'm close to, and my best friend this weekend. We won't be telling anyone else until 2nd tri

Yeah, DD is still too little to understand. I have a few articles saved/pinned to read, and I have a couple books in mind to give her for Christmas about being a big sister. I'm guessing we'll just introduce the idea of a new baby to her gradually and see what she picks up!

Me: 31 DH: 34
    DD1 born 3.2014
    DD2 born 4.2017
  • Options
    Hi, all! Happy Monday.

How far along are you?
    Somewhere between 5 weeks 4 days and 5 weeks 2 days.

She's two and half, and she knows I'm pregnant - she told me.
    Not sure if she heard us talking or if all babies/toddlers have a strange telepathic sense or something, but I didn't deny it. She also says it's going to be a "sister baby."  

Weekend updates?
    My brother, sister and our families will all be in the same place next weekend, for the first time in two years. I really want to tell them about this pregnancy, although I will only be 6 weeks 1 day or so at the time. It would be really special, but it also feels stupidly early. If we hear a heartbeat this Thursday, I think we'll probably tell. 

We have some books, and she already loves baby dolls and the babies at daycare. I think she'll be excited for the most part. We will have to work on preparing her to share her room, though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 5 weeks 1 day

How old are your children? 4.5yo and 22mos

Weekend updates? We spent the weekend with my FIL and BIL but did not share the news. They aren't very good at keeping secrets and we want to wait until we hear the heartbeat at least!

I want to get a book that talks about pregnancy and shows the stages to help my oldest understand what's going on. My younger, we will focus more on introducing the idea that there will be a new baby. Last time around, my oldest didn't seem to understand at all so I have no idea what to expect from either child this time!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

How far along are you? 5w2d

How old are your children? DD is 2

Weekend updates? Having a toddler is so much harder. Oh man. I'm just so tired, and my poor kiddo doesn't understand why! She also seems to be trying my patience lately. Ugh. 

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings? My sister-in-law just had her second kid, so we have been taking her to see the baby. She's always adored babies, I am thinking (more hoping) she'll be good with this baby! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I'm 4W 4D or so.

My son is 20 months.

This weekend I told my parents. We laid low, entertained the toddler, and binged on Stranger Things after he went to bed.

My son is too young to really get it. We will talk about it, read some books, and watch the Daniel Tiger episode a billion times. I'm also worried about him eventually sharing a room with the new baby. He's high energy and curious, and I can just picture him doing something absurd to the baby while we are sleeping.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I am 4W 6D til I get told otherwise  :)

My son turned 2 in March

This weekend was rough - holy moly the hormones! I am an emotional wreck and poor hubby got the worst of it. Thankfully we also had some really good conversation come out of it and are back on track! It's hard trying to keep the emotions and tiredness in check around people though cause we are trying to not tell anyone until after my first appointment which isn't til the 29th. We'll see if I have to cave or not.

Like a few others have said, my son is really too young to understand much yet. We've talked about it a little and prayed for the baby at bedtime prayers but thinking maybe once I have a belly he might understand a little more.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2016

How far along are you? I'm 4 weeks 3 days

How old are your children? They are 17, 15, 7 & 6

Weekend updates? Nothing pregnancy related, just usual weekend stuff.

We told our older kids already since they are old enough to handle it if I have another miscarriage. We'll probably wait as long as possible to tell the younger kids but we probably won't need to do much to prepare them. Maybe read some books or talk about what babies need but they have younger cousins so they have a pretty good idea already.

Edited because I clearly already have pregnancy brain :p

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NESeattliteNESeattlite member
    edited August 2016

How far along are you? I'm 4 weeks 5 days

How old are your children? 21 months

Weekend updates? Found out on Saturday, had to sip a 1/4 glass of wine that night to keep it hidden

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings?  He's too littele now, and a total parrot so if I said anything I guarantee he'd spit it out randomly at an inopportune time.  So we're waiting a long while!

• Options

How far along are you? 4w2d

How old are your children? Just four months shy of three (wahhhh!)

Weekend updates? Since I just found out today, I avoided nothing. I did manage to take two naps, though, which should've been an indication.

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings? Lots of positive reinforcement and letting him know how great it will be to have a sibling. After baby, we will need to schedule regular one on one time with him. He's a pretty sensitive old soul.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 5wks 1 day

How old are your children? DD is 3 

Weekend updates? We are telling my Hs family the good news this weekend! 

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings? No clue... Lol. She is excited though! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 4 weeks, 4 days.

How old are your children? My only son is 21 months old. I can't believe my baby will be two in 3 months :(

Weekend updates? I managed to not pee on my entire remaining stash of sticks, and I got a super dark one today. (I'm still testing obsessively because I've had 2 chemical pregnancies)

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings? He already has a baby doll, so we'll get him out and role play baby care. I'm also planning for him to be present at the birth, so I'll be finding various birth videos to watch together and we'll talk about it a lot.

• Options

How far along are you? 4w3d

How old are your children? DD will be 2 in September

Weekend updates? Had a work party and a friend's daughter's birthday party, so it was a busy weekend.

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings? No idea... any suggestions?! I think I want to wait a little longer.

@lovelongdog06 I'm in the same boat with peeing on sticks... :/

• Options

How far along are you? 4 wks - not sure how many day.

How old are your children?  I have one boy and he is 2.

Weekend updates? Just got back from visiting my grandmother.  She is 96 and still kicking it!  The trip is 10 hours from my house.  My mom went with me.  We had fun and it was nice to have her around to help with Ryland.  We have been back since Sunday and poor little guy is sick!  We are heading to the dr. soon.  Maybe this is a little selfish of me, but I'm not only worried about him, also about how his sickness could affect the pregnancy.  Trying to put it out of my head as there is nothing that can be done about it. 

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings?  I'm a fan of Janet Lansbury and she has a lot of info about introducing and discussing the concept of getting a sibling, so I will probably see what she has to say about it all.  I'm going to wait a while before looking into that though.

@lovelongdog06 I'm still POAS obsessively too.  It's just so early and I feel like I'm still in the anything-can-happen stage.

**TW kids and loss mentioned**

-- DS 3.8.14
    -- MC 9.22.16 at 8 wks

• Options
    How far along are you? 4weeks 3days
    How old are your children? 7,5,&2
    Weekend Updates? Worked all weekend and still haven't told DH ( many reasons 1. because we **just** decided to wait a bit longer and bought a puppy 2. because I had a chemical in December and don't want to stress him out for no reason and 3. because he is just as bad as keeping a secret as I am and will tell my MIL) I did however tell some work friends because 1. I cannot keep a secret and 2. I wouldn't mind having to tell them I lost the pregnancy.
    GTKY: my older 2 have done this before so no worries there, I wil just tell them. my youngest I will prob tell her on "her level" although she is obsessed with babies so I think there will be an overall positive reaction

#1 DD June 2009
    #2 DS July 2011
    #3 DD June
    CP December 2015
    M/C 8/2016
    Rainbow & Babe #4 EDD 7.28.18

• Options
    Hi, Y'all. this baby is due a month before my DD turns 2.  I'm excited but also a little nervous about paying double for daycare vs hiring a nanny.  Ahhh. I guess I have 8 more months to make decisions.
  • Options
    Stuck in box
    Sup guys! 

I'm 5 weeks and change. 
    DD is 2.5 and just barely pottytrained a couple of weeks ago. (As an aside - I'm glad that happened before my BFP because we celebrated with champagne.)

No thoughts on how to prepare her, aside from telling her that she'll be like Elsa, and the baby will be like Ana. Maybe not the best strategy. I'll keep an eye out for maybe a sports analogy or something. Or I could always just put the new baby episodes of Daniel Tiger on repeat. 
  • Options

How far along are you?

I am due 4/7 (I think) 

6.5, 5.5, and 14months

Weekend updates?

We hit a drive in theater and saw secret life of pets and ice age  

Meh, they're used to it at this point ;)  

But for the 14m old we will buy her a special baby doll and "practice" with it on how to be gentle and such. My first two are 14m apart and it worked wonders with DD1 when we did this before DD2 arrived. 

Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019

• Options
    How far along are you? 4 weeks and change? I'm really not sure 

How old are your children? 4.5 son and 2.5 year b/g twins

Weekend updates? Had my sisters bachelorette this weekend didn't POAS til Monday, guess I had a good last weekend lol

No idea. 
  • Options

How far along are you? not even 4 weeks yet

How old are your children? DD will be 3 next month.

Weekend updates? I was at my parent's house Thursday-Tuesday. Such a great time with them and my sister. I took the pregnancy test on Tuesday before coming back home. I kind of love that I found out there. I went through my miscarriage there at the beginning of July, so finding out I was pregnant again at the beginning of August there was sort of healing. 

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings? DD is going to lose her sh** when she finds out she is finally going to get a baby brother/sister. She has been wanting one for so long. We have been living with her 8 month old cousin for a few months now and we stayed with them for a couple of weeks after he was born. So, she has gotten a LOT of practice with babies. She is going to be a natural. We are waiting to tell her until we announce to everyone else at 11 weeks, on her birthday actually. She will totally give away the secret if we tell her before then. I can't wait! 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 5w5d

How old are your children? DD turns 2 today

Weekend updates?  Held DD's 2nd birthday party; I think I squeaked by without anyone noticing I was not drinking.  I kept an O'Doul's in a koozie by me.  Our family and friends are big drinkers so it is a major tip-off if I am not indulging.

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings?  We plan to wait to tell her until after first tri.  She has a big mouth and I know once we tell her mama is having a baby everyone at daycare and all our family/friends will know.  We plan to prep with talking to her about it and reading some books. She is in a crazy baby phase, so we will use that to our advantage to help her understand.

• Options
    @theredofhead you're so smart for waiting to tell your DD. My DD is 3 and we told her right away and a few days later she told all of our neighbors!  I'm happy she's excited but I wish I would have thought to wait to tell her! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@Risalyn222
    I remember you from Dec 2013! You had the BEST belly pic at the end. Congrats on baby #4 ❤️

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    theredofheadtheredofhead member
    edited August 2016
    It is so hard not to share! I know she will be so excited!!! @lace0828
  • Options

How far along are you? 5 weeks tomorrow

How old are your children? DS is 14 months

Weekend updates? I just got my BFP on Monday! AF didn't come on Friday, but I didn't think I was pregnant (at ALL). With DS I knew right after conception (massive heartburn), but this time I had no symptoms. So I didn't let myself test until Monday! I was so excited when I saw that second line!

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings? I honestly have no idea. He's still so little that I don't think he's going to really understand anything until suddenly there's another baby around! I saw someone else mention that they got a doll for their LO and I think that's a great idea! I'm thinking I'll do that for DS once we've announced to everyone else. Otherwise we might get some questions as to why we bought our son a doll...(not that there's anything wrong with that)

• Options

How far along are you?  3wks 5 days

How old are your children? DD is 3.

Weekend updates?  None, got my first bfp on Tuesday :)

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings?  I think we want to wait until our first appt and ultrasound, which is at 8 weeks.  My daughter is a talker and we are not ready for the whole world to know yet!  I would love to find a cute way to tell her when the time is right!

EDD 4/15/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you?
    5 weeks today - wohoo!

I've got one 1 year old who as I am typing is pretending to talk on the phone while laughing and looking at herself in the mirror.

She's still really little so won't understand much, but we'll get her a little realistic bubba doll to cuddle and some cute books to introduce the idea of the new arrival.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Can I ask a question here? Am I the only one who feels like none of my pants fit already?! I'm 4w6d and I know it's just bloating, but I don't remember this happening so early last time!
  • Options
    I feel you @Squiddly!! By the end of the work day I either need the rubber band trick or I am super uncomfortable! The stretchy waisted shorts go on asap after I get home. Trying to wear dresses or skirts to work as much as possible!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 4w2d

How old are your children? DS is 1.

Weekend updates? I'm officially labeling DS as a walker. He's been pulling up to stand and cruising on furniture for 3 months now, taking small steps/short walks for 2, but he has finally mastered standing up on his own with no support, so he's fully independently walking. Woohoo!

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings? IDK. He'll be so little that I'm not sure he'll understand, but I'll probably do like a few others have suggested and get him a baby doll to play with. He loves books so we'll throw a 'big brother' book into the rotation at some point I'm sure.

• Options
    @Squiddly I went to our baby resale place yesterday to pick up some maternity pants. None of my jeans fit already and with the bloat, I'm getting serious side eye from people.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you?
    5 weeks.  I think.

3 and almost 2

Not really.  We'll probably just talk about it.  I'll reference the Daniel Tiger episode where he gets a little sister.  Eventually one of them will have to share a room - that will be a bigger conversation!

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    hollyh98hollyh98 member
    edited August 2016
    Hi ST or more moms! I am 4w6d. We have a son who will be 4 in Oct. and we too are not telling him because we don't want the entire world to know yet. I can't wait though. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Squiddly said:
    Can I ask a question here? Am I the only one who feels like none of my pants fit already?! I'm 4w6d and I know it's just bloating, but I don't remember this happening so early last time!
    I definitely can't suck in my stomach anymore.  Yoga is helping with the bloating.  Cheese is not.  Yoga pants are my friend!  I didn't get it last time either!
    **TW kids and loss mentioned**

-- DS 3.8.14
    -- MC 9.22.16 at 8 wks

• Options
    @squiddly the bloat is starting so early this time!  I can wear my pants, but have to unbutton them when I sit.  Had to order some leggings!
    EDD 4/15/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @squiddly omg I swear that as soon as I hit 5 weeks I wasn't able to wear my tights jeans! I'm still in denial. Last time I made it to about 15 weeks without having to buy any maternity pants! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you?  RIDICULOUSLY early.  3+2 (yes, my hormones go crazy that early, one BFP last night and one again this morning)

How old are your children? Annabelle is 8.5 and Patrick turns 6 next week.

Weekend updates?  Super lazy weekend with the fam.  

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings?  Well, my son has been asking for a baby sister for months.  LOL.  I think they will transition easily and be great with helping out.  

BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • Options

How far along are you?  4w0d

How old are your children?  He's a year and a half.

Weekend updates?  Super lazy weekend.  I've pulled the "I can't do that, I'm pregnant" card twice already and I've only known for 8 hours.

GTKY: Any thoughts as to what you're going to do to help prepare your littles for their next siblings?  I don't think he will really understand until closer to when it actually happens and even then I don't think it will be real to him until the baby is here.