February 2017 Moms

GTKY- Have You Met Anyone Famous?

2»

Re: GTKY- Have You Met Anyone Famous?

• I met Larry Byrd when I was a kid. He was at our campgrounds, my dad pushed me up towards him. I had no clue who he was. Lol! 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I met Larry Byrd when I was a kid. He was at our campgrounds, my dad pushed me up towards him. I had no clue who he was. Lol! 
    Hey, thanks for reminding me. I met Larry Byrd also! He was at our church to talk to our youth, and I just happened to be a youth at the time. We had lots of social interaction, but I've never been big in basketball so at the time I was like "who is this guy?" Lol when I told my dad, he asked if I got an autograph, but I said no, I don't even know who he is lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited August 2016
    Meeting Celebrities at Denver Comic Con probably does not count? But I have met quite a few that way!

Also met Flobots band and got to talk to them for a while because they came to our school to help promote music to poor kids. We are an art school and a title one school. So after the performance the hung out in the teachers lounge and just chatted with us teachers. It was great. 

Also partied with Flogging Molly. I was close friends with the student leader of the college student activity group. And they brought in Flogging Molly band to play for our college. After the performance they ask my friend where they can drink and watch the presidential debates and he suggested our place. This was back with Bush vs  Kerry. Now I did not know they were coming, we already had planned a debate watch party where you drink every time terrorism/terrorist was mentioned. Well by the time they showed up, I was already really drunk, I barely remember them, but everyone said I had a great time and even had one of them hit one me. To bad I do not remember most of it....

Also through my mom I have met a lot politicians. My mom was a high ranking govt worker she has met/briefed most recent presidents, secretaries of state/defense and various congressman's. When watching things on news. she is like ohh I know him, he is good or I know him he lies all the time or is an idiot and gives the real scoop on them. Interesting fun fact she really likes both Pres Bush Jr and Secretary Hillary when she has briefed them, she said both were very insightful and had really good questions and would always call on her for her opinion. You do not meet many people who like both those people, it is normally only one or the other. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Ok, I am embarrassed to even admit this....but I will play. When I was in middle school/early highschool I did my fair share of modeling, and I was asked to walk runway for an Aaron Carter concert (ew, only did it for the pay lol). And then this girl who never spoke to me wanted to be my bestie because she saw me walking in the show and was madly in love with Aaron Carter. I also met the O-Town band doing a modeling gig in NY. They were very nice, just not my type of music and I thought the crazed teeny boppers crying hysterically to look at them was a little much, but to each their own. I can't say how I would react if I actually met a celebrity I liked :) 
  • I work in Soho in NYC, so I have a pretty decent list! Over the years I've met...
    -Drew Carrey 
    -Uma Therman (totally did not regongize her at first....) 
    -Cynthia Nixon (she had one of her little ones with her, she's a very sweet mom) 
    -Bill Nye (I almost cried....The inner nerd in me was in heaven) 
    -Jayne Krakowski (super down to earth, very kind) 
    -Micheal C. Hall
    -Seann William Scott 
    -Jayne Lynch (Maybe the nicest celebrity I've met by far.... She's super down to earth, and friendly)
    -Zachary Quinto (I think his boyfriend was with him?) 
    -Harrison Ford!!!!! (So freaking cool....wants to be treated like your average Joe....Largest body guard in the history of ever)
    -Teri Hatcher
    -Jared Leto (His hair was actually green at the time!)
    -Greta Van Sustern (Formerly on CNN now on FOX news....maybe the the toughest person... Not exactly the nicest....) 
    -Anthony Rapp (actually dated a friend of a friend)
    -Adam Pascal
    -David Schwimmer (shockingly kind of like Ross in real life....very sweet though) 
    -Jake Gyllenhaal (very nervous, and Jumpy....) 
    -Lauren Graham (So hard not to go fan girl on her....huge Gilmore Girls fan)

Those are the biggies that I can remember...

I've also walked by Jonah Hill (we were both ordering coffee from the same place....he has a pug!), Bill Clinton, rode the subway next to Anderson Cooper (just as good looking in real life), Lena Dunham shot scenes from girls near where I work, and I also took a flight back to NYC with Jeffery Tambor on the same flight. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Shia LaBeouf shook my hand during filming of the second Transformers movie... Bam Margera used to go to the movie theater my friends and I hung out at, and I got to talk to Blake Shelton for like 20 minutes during a music festival after he performed. Of course all of these were in high school and I've had nothing to really write home about since.

Ooh do racecar drivers count? I grew up around most of them! (Nascar)