July 2016 Moms
Options

8/1 randoms

Re: 8/1 randoms

• Options
    @rnyland1 DD was like that too. Our best luck was with the swaddlemes but we did them pretty much as tight as possible. I sometimes wondered if she could still breathe basically. Halos always ended up over her face. Scary!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @arhodes6 um maybe a few brief parts it's more like a thriller I would say. I hate scary things and I liked this :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! I'll give it a shot and see how I do! I am running out of shows and stranger things caught my eye a while ago but I was nervous to watch it :smile:
  • Options
    @samantha1206 It took me awhile to start having a glass of wine again, despite being all I could think about while pregnant! When I finally had one again, I realized it was harmless and that I couldn't even feel it. And it tasted so good! You'll get there when you're ready.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    I've been dying for a glass of wine. My bff gifted me one at the hospital, but it says in big bold letter on my pain medication to avoid alcohol. I'll have to wait until I finish taking it before I can open it. I'm not so concerned about drinking while breastfeeding, but I am if Im also on pain meds. Let us know when you do get to enjoy a glass! 
  • Options
    I'm not a wine drinker but all this talk makes me want a drink! Maybe I'll have one with dinner tonight :smile:
  • Options
    I've tried a glass of wine and a Smirnoff ice and both gave me a massive headache by halfway through  :'( so sad
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    @AB34 Ugh, that sucks! I get headaches quite a bit too, and usually from even just one drink, so I feel you.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand I know EXACTLY how how you feel. I'm currently on this struggle bus because unless there's some sort of miracle in the next 24 hours, I'm having a c/s with LO #2. I know I should be thankful my body has nourished this baby past 40 weeks, but I feel like such a failure. 
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    @Backbypopulardemand I totally hear you!  For me though it's mostly those first moments he was outside and how I met him were not what I wanted or envisioned. The first time I held him I was shaking so hard I needed help and it hurts my heart. I know c section was the only way he was coming out and we are both healthy but I am really sensitive about it. 
  • Options
    KASGKASG member
    edited August 2016
    @Backbypopulardemand a long time ago, I would've agreed that a C-section was "the easy way out" but after growing up and reading and now my own ordeal, I definitely understand that they are an "as needed" thing. And it's still birth. Things happen and getting that baby out healthy is much more important *than how they get out. 

*edit
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    allthingscozyallthingscozy member
    edited August 2016
    @KASG out of curiousity how is it any way the "easy way out" it's major surgery. 

I will also question your current view that they are "as needed" seeing as several moms on here had repeat c sections by choice 
  • Options
    @jwittwer you are in no way a failure i struggled with feeling the same way but we are not failures! Our little ones just got comfy cozy :) good news is you will still be able to be awake and experience it. 

I wasnt able to do skin to skin for about 90 minutes due to being in recovery but it was amazing when it did happen and she was ready to eat then and we have been doing well. Hang in there and stay positive :) 
  • Options
    Come on girls! Everyone knows it's the easy way because you get one extra night at the all inclusive resort with the nurses pampering you!! It was so easy to see my son's heartbeat drop on the monitor and have the nurse cut my sport bra so I can be rush more quickly in the "easy spot"!!
  • Options
    rnyland1 said:
    I've tried Swaddle Me swaddles and Halo Sleepsacks...any other types of swaddles people are using successfully? My LO kicks out of pretty much all swaddles and can get his arms out of almost any swaddle and then wakes himself up. 
    Ollie World "Ollie" swaddle! Our first night home, I didn't use it and she was awake most of the night (she busted out of every swaddle in the hospital). So I broke out the Ollie, and she has been sleeping like a dream every night since we started using it. 

I'm sorry you are struggling with your confidence! Have you talked with your doctor?
  • Options
    I wasn't able to hold my baby after my C section either because I was so nauseous and dry heaving. The doctor had to give me so many meds it basically made me pass out and i was afraid to hold her. DH was there but I was terrified and made him stay with me and hold my hand. I definitely struggle with these memories but know what was done was in our best interest and won't affect her long term. 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    KASGKASG member
    @Backbypopulardemand I didn't understand it as a major surgery back then. I am not reffering to repeat c-sections by choice and what I mean by "as needed" is just that. Things may not be working out and it's deemed that a C-section is the best course of action given the current situation.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    Kellyj103Kellyj103 member
    edited August 2016
    @sboston06 I had a very similar experience. I couldn't stop throwing up while I was in recovery. I remember telling my husband to take the baby because I was so sick. My husband did most of the skin to skin and I would be lying if I told you I wasn't jealous. Sometimes my husband is better at comforting him and I wonder, is it because they bonded? 

It it most certainly not an easy way out! The other day my uncle's wife posted something about c sections being anti Catholic because it goes against nature. I found it to be extremely ignorant and offensive. Glad she was fortunate to avoid a C section but that's not the case for a lot of people. 

Edit: because words.
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    I think part of the reason I was (still am for the next 24 hours) so set on the VBAC is because of the trauma I experienced with DD. I was unconscious for her birth as they out me under. DH wasn't even allowed on the room. I went to the or and 5 minutes later they brought him a baby. I'm grateful they took pictures, but I missed her first breath and hearing her cry. I don't even know how long I was out. Part of me was hoping the VBAC would be healing, but I don't think it's in the cards for me. 

I don't think of it as the easy way out either. I am beyond jealous of anyone that was/is able to deliver vaginally. I think I'd take stitches down below over the ones I'll have across my abdomen, as well as all restrictions that go along with them. 

I am tired of hearing that a healthy baby is all that matters. Yes, that is extremely important, but I don't think it needs to be an either or. I can be happy and thankful LO is healthy, but I'm still allowed to be upset and mourn the way it came about. 

July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    I don't know personally, but my sister has struggled for 6 years about her now 3 c-sections. She tried desperately for a vbac with her second, but due to her large babies and the way the birth progressed she couldn't find a doctor that would allow it. She still has intense emotions even six years later, although she has come to accept them.
  • Options
    I let DH start going for his early morning run today. The forest preserve opened later than it was supposed to and when he was done, his car wouldn't start. Now he's stranded and I am in pajamas at home with 2u2.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been struggling with my csection this past week. It's still hard to talk about without breaking down and crying. It wasn't what I wanted or even envisioned. I pushed myself so hard afterward so I could meet her that I ended up throwing up on her while attempting our first breastfeeding session. My friend who just had the most text book unmedication birth kept questioning everything when she came to visit. It just made me feel worse and worse. I'm happy I have a healthy happy baby, but like many of you I'm trying to come to terms with it. People's negative opinions without truly knowing what it is like are truly unnecessary snd harmful even. 
  • Options
    Well shit I should have seen this thread before commenting on the c-section one. Clearly I didn't need to raise my hackles when you guys beat me to the punch. YAY for healthy babies, it shouldn't matter how they got here in the end. Hopefully I didn't sound too contrite and belittling of those who had negative experiences! My goal was to try and show it can be empowering and an OK thing. :(
    @megstervt glad to hear your doctor is on top of things. I've been thinking of you! Hang in there mama.
  • Options
    So I finally installed the car seat base in my car so I can take him out now that DH is back at work. We went grocery shopping today and...it poured. I sure know how to mom. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    I totally agree that sections are the harder way...how could anyone think major surgery and then a newborn is the "easy way out" that seems crazy to me! While I have had 3 vaginal deliveries so no personal section experience, my SIL has struggled through laboring and then csections and the recovery was so hard on her emotionally and physically. My heart goes out to all of you c section mamas, praying for quick recoveries both emotionally and physically!