March 2017 Moms

UO Thursday 7/28

2»

Re: UO Thursday 7/28

• @NurseMama @howdthathappen Yeah, if you're not going through what other people are going through right that second, it gets overlooked - and quickly. 

In the symptoms thread defense: 1. It's all in one thread, not separate threads :wink: 2. I've already used older ones of ours to my advantage and gone back to see if anyone's experienced a symptom I was having. So, I kind of see them as a tidy log that multiple people fill out and is easy to refer back to.

In the ticker changes defense: 1. They have the advantage of creating smaller communities out of a bigger one. 2. It's also kind of neat to see how people who are exactly 1-2 weeks ahead of us are progressing and see what's in store for us. 3. The GTKYs can be pretty fun and aren't as overwhelming as a board-wide one.
    but TBH never have I ever was a fun one...that ended too quickly!

March 2017 August Siggy Challenge-  Summer Fails

formerly known as theabels

Married to DH since May 2009
    TTC Baby #1 since October 2012
    Dx with Stage 3 Endo December 2013
    IVF #1 Retrieval: February 27- 21 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilized via ICSI 
    March 4: 1 egg transferred. 10 embies on ice!
    March 17: BFP!!

FET#1 Transfer: 6/30/16
    7/7/16 BFP
    Initial Beta 396! 
    Beta 2- 1007
    Beta 3- 2952

Official Due Date 3/18/17!

BabyFruit Ticker

• This is sure to be super unpopular, but I just don't get the obsession with Tom Hiddleston. That guy does absolutely NOTHING for me. And now he's dating Taylor Swift...that knocks him down a notch even more. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think JoJo from the Bachelorette is a douchebag. She is so whiny and I'm fairly certain she's a gold digger. 

March 2017 August Siggy Challenge-  Summer Fails

formerly known as theabels

Married to DH since May 2009
    TTC Baby #1 since October 2012
    Dx with Stage 3 Endo December 2013
    IVF #1 Retrieval: February 27- 21 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilized via ICSI 
    March 4: 1 egg transferred. 10 embies on ice!
    March 17: BFP!!

FET#1 Transfer: 6/30/16
    7/7/16 BFP
    Initial Beta 396! 
    Beta 2- 1007
    Beta 3- 2952

Official Due Date 3/18/17!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I fucking hate generic avatars/profile pics. 

Go find a random picture of a tree or something and make it your avatar.
    FTR, my avatar is a gin & tonic. Not sure if you can see it, the Louisiana cutting board is just fluff. 
  • NurseMama said:
    I do miss a little snark.

UO I've never gotten into ticker change or symptoms posts. I imagine most people skip over other people's replies and just post their own.  

Not a big deal for me to skip over, but I've just never really gotten it. 
    I only read the symptoms post when I have a new symptom and I want to see how many others have it. I like the ticker change because these are the people that are going to be right there with me with the closest timeline the whole time! It's hard to remember anyone from week to week this early on but I hope to get to know them.

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @RunBooRun I totally agree this olympics is going to be an effing nightmare. Whoever picked Brazil needs to get voted off the planet

Also, I hate cats. Never been a fan.
    Ahh yes! I hate cats, too!  I cannot believe so many people are fans!

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @Spartanrd4 - the "I hate cats" totally wasn't me. I have two that are my loves!

Look at how adorbs my fur babies are!

Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited July 2016
    Awww oops @runboorun it was @ashannon3490 who is the cat hater  ;) I love your kitties!! So cute. I should start a furbaby thread!
  • @Spartanrd4 I'd be game for a fur baby thread!! 

@RunBooRun I used to HATE cats, because I grew up with DH's family cat who was an asshole. (Seriously, she was just mean.) Then I compulsively adopted two kitties and have loved cats ever since. I think I'm still a dog person at heart, but according to DH, I'm a cat whisperer. I can make the most skittish cats love me. Probably because I know what it's like to be skittish around their kind. Anyway... Yay kitties!

• @dubcompanion DH didn't like cats either when we adopted them. I've always had cats and he knew I would be getting some when we got married. He loves them!

It's totally different when they are your own cats. Most cats just don't like or are afraid of people they don't know, so they hide or are not friendly. So if you've never owned them, you think all cats are just unfriendly and not social. But they all have their own personalities just like dogs do. Our kitties are super friendly. They love everyone who comes over and greets them at the door. Our Shawn shows the belly to everyone.

Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• @howdthathappen ded. Your tree is gorgeous!
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • @kiyamurph i f*cking hate taylor.  she can't sing worth a crap! and can't keep a man!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My cat hate is less about the cat itself and mostly due to being in too many homes that smell like cat piss. I don't know how many times I have heard "the cat peed in X spot and we cannot get the smell out!".  I also hate how so many cat owners allow their cats on all surfaces in the house like the kitchen counter and kitchen table. Yuck!

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • My in laws let their cat on counter tops and the table. My father in law literally has little crystal glasses laying around the house with water for the dumb cat. She's scratched both my boys while they weren't even facing her or looking at her :( 
    @JAGinMI
  • @JAGinMI I agree.. I can't do the cat smell.. plus I hate when they rub their head on me lol I know its a weird issue to have but get the f off me.. and my sisters are both cat obsessed and send me non stop pictures of their kittens so I think I'm just overloaded
  • @JAGinMI NO, my cats are not allowed on kitchen surfaces and tables. They step in their poop. Gross. I've never had them inappropriately pee either. And even if they did, there are effective ways to get the smell out. Anyone who doesn't try to remove the smell is lazy.

@ashannon3490 My SIL posts pictures of cats all the time on FB and texts them to us. I've grown to like cats but still am like STFU after a while. 
  • My cat has never peed anywhere outside the litter box....once I accidently locked him in the closet all day and he didn't go to the bathroom in there. He held it until I let him out and he shot over to the litter box immediately. Poor baby I felt so bad but so happy he didn't pee all over our shoes!!
  • @dubcompanion I don't know that these people haven't tried...they always act like they have done everything and still can't get it out. I don't know how true that is??

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @JAGinMI DH's family cat sprayed in his bedroom at his parents' home. We never smelled it following the day it happened. It just takes determination. :wink:
  • I don't if I really truly don't like cats or if I just avoid them because I'm extremely allergic to them. I usually like all the fluffy things but cats always scratch me when trying to "play" and then my arm blows up like an itchy, angry balloon and the fun is over.

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• JAGinMI said:
    My cat hate is less about the cat itself and mostly due to being in too many homes that smell like cat piss. I don't know how many times I have heard "the cat peed in X spot and we cannot get the smell out!".  I also hate how so many cat owners allow their cats on all surfaces in the house like the kitchen counter and kitchen table. Yuck!
    I get this.. I once had a cat that would pee on random things, it was horrible, we took her to the vet so many times and spent a lot of money for no answers. She was a very timid cat, and after a few years of dealing with her ruining things, my attitude towards cats became very meh. (My previous cat was AMAZING but we lost him, and the new kitty totally ruined the I love cats thing) last straw was when we were expecting DD1, she peed on ALL her things so we had to keep throwing away and buying new items. We have one cat now and he's great but she still ruined it for me. 
  • When people spend time complaining about not making friends on the bump.