September 2016 Moms

July Randoms Thread

Re: July Randoms Thread

• @MrsVoorhees I never brought emmett into bed, but the number of times my dog would move in bed and I'd wake up panicked that e was going to fall off the bed was ridiculous. Really gets the heart pumping and reminded me why I would be terrible at cosleeping.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh and I can't believe we are packing hospital bags already! H wants me to but I am in denial that it is getting that close. This pregnancy has not been creeping by for me. It is going way too fast!
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• I feel like everyone has been so productive this weekend! Painting, setting things up, washing baby clothes.....it's really almost that time ya'll! @blondie080300 - I'm so glad your shower was awesome. That's amazing that your registry is down to the lastly few things!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• RG1RG1 member
    I am so happy everyone had nice productive weekends! I've discovered tonight that I think my hips are spreading/widening or something. I've been lucky so far that my belly has pulled forward my love handles and everything looked compact. Well that doesn't seem to be the case anymore and I seem to have an odd shape around my hips. H and i agree that it's my hips widening because they look way thicker than before. I know I shouldn't get down about it but it's really bothering me! Hoping I can get used to it soon 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Add me to the "did nothing this weekend" club! I figure I might as enjoy it while I can since I have a limited number left before everything changes.
  • I had the busiest weekend I've had in a while!!!
    I'm EXHAUSTED lol tomorrow I have to run all the errands I didn't get to today but after that I'm doing nothing :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • RedMarRedMar member
    oh man... i sprained my toe today when I accidentally kicked something. It hurts so freaking bad and I can't walk or put pressure on it! It's black and blue and swollen. Currently have it elevated and iced...who knew such a little part could cause such problems :(
  • Yay @seitzy3 I can't imagine not seeing my DH for 3 weeks!

@RedMar I broke my toe and it was the WORST. It took forever to heal! Hopefully yours heals up soon. 
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • @KimmySchmidt my sons second bday is 8/21.  We're having family over a few weeks early.  Last year it was all Pinterest worthy with a homemade cake with fondant and themed shirt and blah blah blah. This year not so much. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• @RedMar @Themaritimemama I too have broken a toe and it was terrible!! Hopefully yours isn't broken, @redmar. If the pain doesn't subside I would consider going to get it checked out. I too thought my toe was going to be just fine but after a couple of hours of throbbing pain I realized it was not going to heal on its own lol
  • My house is so hot that I may die tonight. The ac is running and the air is coming out at 61 but it's 79 in here! Poor little ac unit has been running all day it got up to 82 at the height of the day.  We are having a 5 ton unit installed tomorrow and LO and I have to be here the whole time. It's gonna be soooo hot. I don't know how the repair men stand it.
  • @frogdog06 oh there will be pics! I've worked too hard while being too pregnant on this party not to AW it up a little bit lol
  • Add me to the productive list. Cleaned out DS1'S closet, cleaned out guest room closet, put all baby stuff in said closet, cleaned out guest room, DH finally put trim in it, so now we just need to finish up the trim and change out the electric and we can move the baby furniture in and set up DS1 with his big boy room! Started baby laundry but definitely still need to do more, including prepping his newborn dipes.  We still need to take the carseat back out and I need to figure out how to wash that. I was exhausted today since most of that work took place yesterday so I napped when DS1 napped which was glorious. And now here I am at almost 1 am still awake. Wah.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Question related to my last post: Are party favors a thing at a two year old's party?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Question related to my last post: Are party favors a thing at a two year old's party?
    Randomly popping in to say not at my son's! Like you all, I also get to throw one while super pregnant since he turns 2 next Sunday. We are just inviting family though, but that still includes a good amount of little kids. I attended another 2 yo party last Saturday that was much bigger and didn't contain favors. I personally don't plan on starting that until he's in school. 
  • @MrsVoorhees Hahaha @ your leg/sleep post! My husband is an, um... interactive sleeper at the best of times. He talks, has thrown pillows, and has even been known to stand or sit up in the bed. (This was funny when we first got together. Now it's annoying, but I've learned if I ignore him, it speeds up the process of him stopping.) Anyway, in the first two months of McKenna's life, he would wake me up holding a folded up pillow and telling or asking if me we needed to feed McKenna. Often. We laugh about it now... it wasn't as funny at the time when my sleep was getting interrupted while the baby was asleep in her PnP because of my husband's weird sleeping thing. Haha.

@KimmySchmidt I don't think I'd do favors unless you're going to have a ton of kids her age there.

McKenna's 2nd birthday is the day before my EDD. We're going to do a birthday party with immediate family only the weekend after her actual birthday. (I'm being induced for medical reasons, so #2 will be here.) It's not going to be huge, but I've got to get everything done for it before baby gets here. Everything being a cake, balloons, and some Sofia the First plates and cups. We did a cookout last year, but we will be ordering pizza or something to the like this year. 

• RedMarRedMar member
    @KimmySchmidt can I ask why there is such pressure to throw a huge party for your DD? Sounds so torturous to me!! For DS' bday a couple months ago, we had grandparents and my sister. It was a glorious 3-hour brunch and I was napping by 2pm :) IMO, the 2nd bday is not as much of a milestone. We had a big cookout for his first birthday, but that was when I wasn't in 3rd tri!!!
  • Add me to the productive people list this weekend! Although, all our productivity happened on Sunday. We ran some errands in the morning. In the afternoon, DH got the crib up, and I hung up the star decals in the nursery. Then that evening we finally got to the pool.

@UnwritteN12 I now totally know what you were talking about when getting out of the pool. (I'm pretty sure it was you.) I didn't even realize how much I hurt and heavy I feel until I was getting out. I'm going to be spending the rest of my pregnancy in the pool 2-3 times a week.

• I had a busy weekend, but it was not busy in terms of baby-prep, just busy. Now I'm back to work trying to get a few things done, and considering camping tomorrow night into Wednesday (husband and I both have Wednesday off this week!)  Just making sure it won't be too miserably hot overnight since we are tent campers... makes me think, someone gave us a tent fan at one point... must find that.
    Pregnancy Ticker