January 2017 Moms
Options

Why my pregnant self is crying..

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying..

• Options
    @BAJDesigns Ugh, the scene that killed me dead was the one when Ted and the mother are out for a romantic evening later in their marriage and she says something about mothers missing their daughters' weddings, and Ted starts crying... All the sobs.

I mean, I knew how it ended, because the internet collectively lost its mind when the finale aired, but STILL...
  • Options
    Yes! I just can not handle it. And what about Barney talking to his baby daughter? Neil Patrick Harris, you wrecked me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BAJDesigns Oh lord yes, I forgot about that scene. Did. Me. In. TOO MUCH EMOTION FOR SITCOMS...
  • Options
    aishmcaishmc member
    A new poke restaurant opened near me so I went in to look at the offerings because I'm a masochist. I cried because the tuna was so pink and fresh and would be perfect with ponzu sauce. 
  • Options
    Because I forgot to pay the bills...O_O
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    @urbanorchidgirl aaaaand I teared up reading that. So that's mine for today! 
  • Options
    Today I went into the restaurant I work at (and in laws own) and one of the other waitresses brought me a bag of hair things for my dd, I didn't cry, I held it together but definitely teared up a bit!

My SIL (who is due 3 days later than I am) cried because of racism. Pretty much the whole town I live in is racist, but she decided today that she can't handle it, then FIL walked in spewing racism....we both yelled at him and walked away. Gah damn small town folk.
  • Options
    stumptownmamastumptownmama member
    edited July 2016
    I teared up this morning listening to Celine Dion sing because you love me on the today show. 
  • Options
    lindaisy86lindaisy86 member
    edited July 2016
    @urbanorchidgirl I totally get it!
    My mom just finished her treatments for breast cancer last Thursday after being diagnosed 18 months ago. The hospital she was at also has a bell that patients ring when they have something to celebrate. I didn't cry because I could lose her, I don't cry because I'm hella lucky that she's a survivor, but I bawl like a baby when I think of her ringing that bell for all she's worth and all of the patients and nurses cheering for her...and I'm tearing up...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Because I watched Toy Story 3 with DS1 today...still 15ish years before he leaves for college (if that's what he decides to do) and I was crying thinking about it. And about thinking of him growing out of playing with his dinosaur figures...
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • Options
    I started crying in the middle of the produce aisle when a friend called me and offered to give me some of her old baby stuff...

• Options
    10 Things I Hate About You was on TV last night. I cried during Kat's poem at the end of the movie - even though I've seen the movie 8272512 times. 
  • Options
    cabu14cabu14 member
    We are getting ready for vacation, and yesterday I had to run around doing all the last minute shopping.. I teared up because my feet hurt so bad by the time I got to Wegmans for grocery shopping.  I was in the produce section.

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Options
    Watching the Espy's reliving Lebrons victory like really sobbing I was so happy for him
  • Options
    cabu14cabu14 member
    The prom scene in 10 Things I Hate About You just brought tears to my eyes..  I should mention I have probably seen this movie over 100 times. 

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Options
    I was listening to the Mozart Requiem and started choking up because of the movie Amadeus and how sad it is when Mozart is dying. and then I got to this part that my dad used to make fun of when I was a kid, and I started bawling, thinking about my childhood and how I hope my kids have as much fun as I did.

yesterday I woke up in tears because I dreamed that my husband was MICROWAVING THE BABY along with her bottle, trying to make her drink it as it got hotter and hotter, and it was so horrific and I woke up SOOO upset. then I had to explain why I was mad at him! 
  • Options
    (I mean our 10 month old, not the new baby. tho that would be just as upsetting. but it was the look of "why are you doing this to me?" on her face that made me bawl.)
  • Options
    While I was folding laundry this morning, I had the movie "Forget Paris" with Billy Crystal on in the background.  I guess you would consider it a romantic comedy.  Just happened to be on one of the movie channels.  I think I had seen this movie before many years ago, but didn't remember it.  The movie doesn't have any real serious themes in it, but at one point the couple is trying for a baby and struggling with infertility.  There's a scene where wife gets a call from the doctor's office telling her she's not pregnant.  Then the narrator says how the couple kept trying for 2 more years, until....   And then it cuts to a scene where the couple's friends just had a baby and they're all in the delivery room with the new baby and the couple struggling with infertility look so sad.  I lost it.
  • Options
    Cried yesterday because DH was at work and I missed him...he got a text from me saying "call when you have time". Poor DH probably thought it was something serious. When he called and I answered in a low voice he asked what was up and I was instantly crying, he responded "what is wrong"..poor guys.
  • Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    I just watched an unnamed episode of The Walking Dead. I started crying, and I didn't stop for like, 30 min. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    aishmcaishmc member
    My husband tried on an Ergo carrier at BuyBuy Baby and I lost it. He looked so fatherly.
  • Options
    Last week I had an appointment that didn't go quite as planned and as a Catholic I had been asking Our Lady de la Leche for her intercession since my appointment. We were traveling this weekend and went to Mass at a different church when we got back in town this evening and as I was coming back from Communion I looked up and what was in the choir loft? None other than a statue of Our Lady de la Leche looking down on the congregation. I lost it. 
  • Options
    60 minutes did a special tonight on the Make a Wish Foundation. I cried through the whole thing
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I just watched Kerri Strug's vault from the 1996 Olympics. Today is the twentieth anniversary of her vault that won the USA gold. I cried. I remember when it happened, but hormones definitely got me this time. 
  • Options
    canavaracanavara member
    edited July 2016
    I just cried at the end of the new Ghostbusters movie. If you haven't seen it: there's nothing actually worthy of crying over. I have no idea why I was just so emotionally touched that the city was supportive of them or whatever.

ETA: It brought back memories of my last pregnancy in which I cried during Jurassic World 3D. I don't even remember which scene made me cry but the point is, there is no scene in Jurassic World 3D that should make you cry!
  • Options
    @canavara We are about to see Star Trek and my eyes are already watering. I know I'm going to lose it whenever I see Chekov (the actor died in a freak accident a few weeks ago and I loved him).
  • Options
    sagoonsagoon member
    I just watched Kerri Strug's vault from the 1996 Olympics. Today is the twentieth anniversary of her vault that won the USA gold. I cried. I remember when it happened, but hormones definitely got me this time. 
    I watched this video yesterday and cried for the exact same reason! 

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So I've been feeling like garbage the last couple days (extreme fatigue and restless legs) so I've been cuddling on the couch watching some good old Harry Potter. Started with number 5, proud I didn't cry when Sirius died, then at night I was home alone so I watched number 6, got choked up but didn't cry when dumbledore died, now today watching part 1 of number 7 and just lost it when the owl died...for some reason it's harder to deal with an animal dying than people? I think I'm actually less emotional this pregnancy, considering last time I cried literally at the drop of a hat....maybe I'm having a boy this time!
  • Options
    My sister was holding her son and I cried because she's a mom. She's been a mom for 6 months. It was just sweet to see. 
  • Options
    @mudderbear I do the same thing when I'm feeling crappy!! My HP run was about a month ago :) I tagged out on 7.5 after they escaped from Gringotts. I knew what was coming and knew I couldn't hack it. I also stopped 6 when they got back to the tower. Because I am a wuss. 
  • Options
    Dinozaur said:
    This morning I was eating oatmeal. I had a big bite in my mouth, and then suddenly felt really queasy. I involuntarily did that cough/gag thing, and oatmeal went all over the kitchen table. Then I started laughing and crying at the same time and had no idea what to do with my emotions. DH just stared at me like, "wtf just happened?!"

This kinda made me laugh... Sorry.

LOL

<3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am lucky in that DH prepares dinner most nights. Well tonight I told him id do it and started making stir fry (yup Michelin star chef here). After about two minutes I realised the vegetables smelled weird and I bit one and it was clearly off. I dragged DH out of the shower to verify and when he said he wasn't sure but maybe I burst out crying and wouldn't stop. First saying that I didn't want to hurt my unborn child and second that it was all my fault the vegetables went off and third that I can't do anything right. 

DH is currently down the road buying us fish and chips. Literally the opposite of the healthy meal we had planned...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @christac1010 I watched that too and my eyes also watered up! LOL 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hallmark movies...that's it, doesn't matter which one, inevitably I'm going to cry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    sagoon said:
    I watched this video yesterday and cried for the exact same reason! 
    This. Also that Olympic commercial that shows the mom's cheering on/sacrificing for their kids then they see them at the Olympic games? Niagra Falls. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • Options
    Dinozaur said:
    This morning I was eating oatmeal. I had a big bite in my mouth, and then suddenly felt really queasy. I involuntarily did that cough/gag thing, and oatmeal went all over the kitchen table. Then I started laughing and crying at the same time and had no idea what to do with my emotions. DH just stared at me like, "wtf just happened?!"
    This happens to me constantly.  Something can be funny and slightly frustrating and I'll start laughing while sobbing.  It's so confusing!

my most recent is that I was critical of how DH made my sandwich.  He said "I feel like you're being really critical". I started sobbing, couldn't pull it together in front of the kids, and excused myself to go take a shower--at 1pm. :/
    DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
    Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)
  • Options
    canavara said:
    I bought a couple of books for the baby today to put in his nursery but also to read to him while still pregnant since apparently he can hear me now... started to read one of them called "I Would Tuck You In"--each page is like "If you were a bowhead whale... I would break through Arctic ice to find you" with some different animal... got to the last page and I just lost it: "But no matter what, I will always love you for who you are."
    We have a book that seems to have a similar flow. Curious if it is the same author. Ours is "I love you Stinky Face" it gets me every time! 
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17