January 2017 Moms
Options

Why my pregnant self is crying..

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying..

• Options
    Because I caught a pikachu in the Pokemon Go game, but it got away. Haha.
    Same thing happened to me last week and I'm still bitter over it!

I still have puffy eyes over an ugly cry I had two days ago. It had been a long day at work topped by a disagreement with DH that evening over where we want to move to in October. He hasn't seen me cry in months and was like uhhhh did I say something?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I burned my hand and my lunch ended up on the floor :( (very minor burn - stings but it's not even red.) I was more upset about my lunch being on the floor. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @carly79 right?! I was just so shocked by the whole conversation that I couldn't even process it enough to be like "wtf?" 
  • Options
    ANZ116ANZ116 member
    This is super silly, I know. I have been seriously bummed (some days to the point of tears) lately because I miss my normal clothes. I feel like every day i wake up and my belly is bigger. Yes, I know, I know, it is a GOOD thing. She's growing. She's healthy. I should be grateful! I know all these things. But, my face has discoloration, the bags under my eyes seem to be permanent, it's been in the upper 90's and humid here for the past what-feels-like-forever (okay, probably a month) so I'm uncomfortable and sweaty. My feet are starting to hurt so I can't wear heels anymore. Not to mention, dropping a ton of money on the trendy/cute maternity clothes isn't exactly an option when you're trying to save for a baby. 

I know I'm being super whiney. I am just not feeling all that glamorous at the moment. Plus, fall clothes are my absolute favorite and I'll be well into the third trimester by then. 

What do all of you do to keep your self esteem up? 
  • Options
    sagoonsagoon member
    I just started reading 'The Fault in Our Stars' .  I've teared up a couple times already and I'm less than halfway in.  This was probably a bad idea.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@ANZ116 do you have garage sales in your area? I have some great luck with maternity clothes at garage sales and they usually are trendy and in good shape since they are worn for such a short time. If you can be patient, Zulily usually has some good sales on stuff, and Old Navy online also usually has some good deals. If you plan to have more than one, invest in a few key pieces, a nice pair of jeans, and a few basic tops that you can dress up with scarves, jewelry, boots, and even belts. You will get to wear them again with the next kid. It's tough to spend the money but even a few key pieces may help your self esteem. I aslo bought a pair of ballet flats to replace my heals last time. I've worn those so much since my first was born and even replaced them. Chasing babies in heals is a whole new task, I embrace my flats. Other things I do are find things I enjoy, especially when the heat is preventing me from being outside too often. I started a prenatal yoga, it allows me to connect with other pregnant moms, plus get out and do something for myself. I also get to relax and feel better afterwards so I feel pretty good about myself.

It's ok to be whiney, sometimes pregnancy is not glamorous and wonderful feeling. I say own it and then try to move on by finding a positive about it.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sagoon It's a terrible choice! I cried so hard while reading the book (before I was pregnant), I had makeup all over the pages and my blanket on the couch. I also had an asthma attack, because I cried so hard. DH was so scared. But it was so good!
  • Options
    ThePax89 said:
    This probably isn't silly, thinking about seeing my baby for the first time causes so many tears. 
     <3  <3  <3 
  • Options
    I have another one. Today, my boss announced that she is pregnant, due 4 weeks after me! I SOBBED I was so happy for her. My coworkers were kind of shocked by the intensity of my reaction. I don't know why it hit me so intensely. I guess just knowing I would be working in an environment with a supervisor who intimately understands what I'm going through. I was standing there blubbering saying, "I'm so happy for you! *sniffle* Can I hug you? *sob" Not exactly my most professional moment.
  • Options
    Lol I am sure she understands the emotional out burst :) 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    Those damn videos of color blind people seeing color for the first time. I'm color blind and can only imagine what I'm missing out on. And here come the tears again...
  • Options
    Someone bought my DD "I love you forever" for her birthday. And everyone at the party was like "omgggg it'll make you cry"
    It didn't. I actually found the mother driving across town, and climbing in her adult son's window to sing to him while he slept rather creepy. 
    But then I cried because maybe I'm just heartless and that's why the book didn't make me cry.
  • Options
    I was reading "A Sick Day for Amos Magee" to DS the other day and started tearing up at the end.  It's one of my favorite books that DS has, it teaches about friendship and is so sweet.

Also, if anyone is familiar with the show "Call the Midwife", don't watch it pregnant.  I will literally cry through the entirety of an episode. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    sagoonsagoon member
    Someone bought my DD "I love you forever" for her birthday. And everyone at the party was like "omgggg it'll make you cry"
    It didn't. I actually found the mother driving across town, and climbing in her adult son's window to sing to him while he slept rather creepy. 
    But then I cried because maybe I'm just heartless and that's why the book didn't make me cry.
    I  used to think it was creepy as well, until I read the story behind the author writing the book.  THEN I cried (you will too, beware).

https://www.popsugar.com/moms/Truth-Behind-Love-You-Forever-31923286

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    This kind of relates to what @ANZ116 said about self esteem. I liked this article so much I made my husband listen while I read it to him. He didn't care about the article (but was quiet at least) but I cried as I read it, feeling intimately sorry for myself and empowered at the same time.
    im mostly cranky and annoyed but have these occasional bouts of sobbing tears.
    https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_577d7e08e4b0f06648f3d278

• Options
    @katesmama0706 my mom used to read it all the time and we have always said the saying.i sing the saying to my sons but I would be totally creeped if one of them drove across town, climbed a ladder to break into my window and come into my room while I was sleeping to say it. The ending is super creepy and I always skip it when I read it. 

Im kind of afraid to read the link that @sagoon posted because I might totally lose it...

I've been losing it a lot lately. We sold my sons wagon because we are moving and not bringing it with us. He cried and then I cried with him. 
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • Options
    rdh33rdh33 member
    edited July 2016
    I was a hot mess and a half today. First I cried because I am so beyond exhausted, and so frustrated that I'm more tired at 16 weeks than I was in my first trimester. (Getting lots of protein, exercising, lots of water, sleeping really well...) Then, I realized I was famished (again) and had the second half of my sandwich from lunch, which made me throw up... and cry. The third time, it was because I realized I was going to have jump in on a last minute deadline and work late.

Luckily, the 4th and 5th times were happy tears. Once while texting with a friend who is 8.5 months pregnant and getting excited that our babies will be just a few months apart. Finally, because DH brought home take out and gelato and is the greatest. 

Seriously though. I think I cried more today than I did all of last year. Maybe the last two years! Good grief. 

(I work from home, so at least the only witness to this mess was the cat.)
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with my daughter I was relaxing one night and turned around to see hubby cleaning....the blubbering mess I became...he was like wtf I'm just trying to help, but for some reason it made me feel like he thought I was a complete slob who didn't know how to wipe a counter or something..it was ridiculous. Also one night I was trying to make French toast for supper and the disgusting egg mixture touched my fingers and I ended up sitting in the shower bawling my eyes out rocking back and forth like I belonged in the loonie bin. Pretty bad. Nothing like this so far, thank god. 
  • Options
    We had a rotisserie chicken for dinner so obviously my husband and I had to break the wishbone (We're adults, really). His end was bigger so my wish isn't going to come true. I was trying so hard not to cry which hubby could see then he says "It's ok, I wished for your happiness". ***Queue ugly crying
  • Options
    @ANZ116 I feel you. Having been down this road twice, all I can say to myself is the changes are temporary. I agree with others in finding a cute scarf or necklace to rock out in the meantime and do something kind for yourself everyday. I hope this helps a bit. 

I cried reading an article that a mom died from breast cancer and left her six kids to her best friend who adopted them. She had three kids of her own, so she is raising 9 children with her husband.  I cried for the kids, their loss, and the fact that there were two separate dads of the 6 that were not at all interested in raising their own children. Who are these deadbeats out there? Makes me so sad. 
    And then there were three...

• Options
    You know, now I don't feel so bad about crying at my friends house when I ran out of gravy for my chicken strips. 
  • Options
    This thread is amazing. The crying is ridiculous. 

A short list of the most ridiculous reasons:

I set DHs empty, recently used coffee cup beside an empty glass intended for chocolate milk.  Proceeded to pour the milk into the coffee cup.  It didn't change the taste at all but I was devastated. 

I wanted a burrito from a place that closed 2 years ago. 

DH gently suggested that he browse in another section of target while I finished finding what I needed.  Instant tears. 

Also laughing really hard can quickly turn into laughing&crying and then just crying. 
    DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
    Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)
  • Options
    sagoon said:
    I just started reading 'The Fault in Our Stars' .  I've teared up a couple times already and I'm less than halfway in.  This was probably a bad idea.
    Ok @sagoon that made me sob and have nightmares about my DDs dying for a week or two after I finished, when I WASNT pregnant.   
    Just fair warning. 
    DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
    Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)
  • Options
    @rdh33 Have you had your iron tested lately? Pregnancy related anemia is common and can suck the life out of you where you have absolutely no energy. May be worth asking your provider about it and see if they can do a quick check. Sounds like you are doing most the things I would suggest otherwise to help with energy.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I almost cried yesterday on the way home from getting taco bell because I was thinking "what if they forgot my sour cream?!" Lololol
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    rdh33rdh33 member
    @Carly79 Thank you so much for this! Actually, right after I posted my sob story, I saw the light and realized I might be anemic. I was tested at 9 weeks, but it's totally possible that my iron levels have dropped since then. Fortunately, I have an appt today. I'm going to ask my midwife to get tested again, and for an iron supplement recommendation. 

Thanks again! :) 
  • Options
    @rdh33 - My sister had sever anemia during her last pregnancy. Her body already has issues absorbing nutrients the way it should due to some previous health things and with her third pregnancy she was exhausted, pale, etc. Found out any iron her body was absorbing was going to baby. She ended up with a iron infusion with an IV. Since then I've become much more aware of the impacts of pregnancy when it comes to anemia even though most women don't get it to the extent she did. When you said that you were more tired now then during the first tri, the first thing I thought was iron :) Glad you have an appointment today and hopefully can get it checked out. Hope it provides some answers!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yesterday I was watching the series finale of Containment and I didn't like the ending  :D 
  • Options
    Because I'm a total chump and decided to finally watch the final season of How I Met Your Mother. It originally aired the year I was planning my wedding, and entire season dwelling on everything that could possibly go wrong at a wedding weekend was not my jam. So apparently my solution was instead to watch it while pregnant. 

• Options
    I got one for you all. I was just tearing up because I couldn't find the spot to add my signature. Then it wouldn't work. I'm at work so it would've looked really stupid for me to be crying over that at my desk!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @rdh33 definitely check into the iron. With my DS I ended up needing to take an iron supplement on top of my pre natal vitamin which already contained iron. My iron has always been on the lower end, I always fail that requirement when I try to donate blood. I haven't needed to add in extra iron as of yet, but on the days I forget my vitamin, I can definitely tell my overall energy level is down. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I cried because my husband put my son in daycare.  It's temporary and a GREAT daycare but I'm a stay at home mom.  It's my job to raise him and be with him all day.  I'm just so sick, I can't be there like I need to be.  It doesn't help that we have no money for this - I quit working so we wouldn't have to pay someone else for this.  I couldn't even take him there for his first time.  He's cranky in the morning, just like his mama, and doesn't want to cuddle goodbye before leaving and gets upset if I try.  I'm having withdrawals.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    rdh33rdh33 member
    edited July 2016
    @nolemomma14 and @Carly79 :: I REALLY appreciate hearing your experiences and insight. I had my 16 week check up this morning, and explained what was going on. They looked up my iron levels (from first blood work at 10 weeks) and they were perfect. Basically as high as can be. Because of that, she didn't see a need to retest me and said that I should just go with it and give my body rest. I explained that I'm trying to do that, but I'm also getting really frustrated. I work full time, like to live a very active lifestyle, etc. I asked if I should try taking a supplement, just to see if it made a difference and she said she didn't see a need for that.  (I go to a group of OBs and certified nurse midwives. This is the first time I've met with this particular CNM.) So, I feel kinda lost. Woohoo, my iron levels are perfect. But... I'm not the lay around for hours everyday type, nor can I given my job requirements. 

Given your (and your sister's) experiences, should I try a supplement? If so, do you have one you'd recommend?

Thank you!!! 

Edit: also, found out that the baby is measuring big. She said it's not a concern unless baby measures big the next time, but... maybe I'm just growing a gigantic baby who is sucking all of my energy? 
  • Options
    @rdh33 I admit, I'm kinda side-eyeing this advice a little. My midwife said it's almost expected for iron levels to go down during pregnancy; it all gets sucked out of mom. My levels were also quite strong at my 10 week blood draws, but she definitely said they'd be keeping an eye on them because they were guaranteed to go down.

My levels were so high because I was taking a prenatal that was separated into two doses. Apparently the minerals in the prenatal can inhibit absorption of the iron into your system, so taking one pill with iron in it, and another with everything else allows the iron to be better absorbed. So if you do decide to supplement, make sure you take the iron at least two hours after your prenatal, or else the calcium in the prenatal can prevent you from getting the benefits of the iron.
  • Options
    rdh33rdh33 member
    edited July 2016
    @poetryandoceans THANK YOU. And yes, I wouldn't be surprised if they had lowered by now. Also, by the time I had my blood work done, I had been taking prenatals for almost 4 months -- I started taking them when we started TTGP. So, of course they were high. 

Thank you for your insight and for the info about how to separate the doses! 

Edit: also, the gif you posted above. Love. 
  • Options
    @rdh33 if you do start taking a supplement the extra iron could make you constipated so I would also increase your fiber in take. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    rdh33rdh33 member
    @ceclarlinetlo oh gosh. Yes! Thanks for the reminder!! 

I seriously could cry tears of joy for this thread. Thanks for all your help and support, ladies! 
  • Options
    We visited our first daycare today and the woman was talking about leaving the baby with a blanket. All I could picture was my little baby, alone in a crib, with just a sad, tattered blanket. I started to cry. Poor DH was so confused. 
  • Options
    @poetryandoceans I watched FOR THE THIRD TIME the entirety of How I Met Your Mother when I was couch ridden from morning sickness and cried so hard in the last season I threw up. I literally choked on my sobs. And DH was staring at me like "YOU ALREADY KNEW WHAT HAPPENED!" And the worst part was, once I recovered, I started sobbing AGAIN at the final credits just because it was over.