December 2015 Moms
Options

What baby gear drives you nuts?

2»

Re: What baby gear drives you nuts?

• Options
    Pretty much all baby clothes that aren't footed zipper pajamas...so hard to put on and then they just get pooped/peed/spit up on right away! Also pants+onesies look hideous on babies IMO.

Also just want to say that I bought a $150 beco carrrier for my first 5 years ago, and he hated it. I thought it was a total waste of money then but not anymore, this little one loves it! So much easier to do things with an older child if the baby is happy to be in a carrier. 
  • Options
    Baby clothes with real buttons instead of snaps are a joke! I also dislike our car seat- the Britax B Safe 35 elite. It's too heavy and it seems like she isn't very comfy in it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since we started on baby clothes, I HATE buttons in the back on newborn clothes. I hate them on all clothes in general but especially newborn. I also hate how many girl clothes have glitter all over them. This stuff does not stay on the clothes. It comes off and gets everywhere and I've become my dad (paranoid it will get in DD's eyes). 
  • Options
    The munchkin wipe warmer with the lid that never stays closed. I used it for week before all the wipes in there dried out :/
  • Options
    cedixon2 said:
    The munchkin wipe warmer with the lid that never stays closed. I used it for week before all the wipes in there dried out :/
    Are you sure it's the lid? Warmers are notorious for drying wipes.
  • Options
    taysuntaysun member
    I hate baby socks. I know they're a necessary evil sometimes because footed bottoms aren't great for babywearing but they get lost or fall off and DD pulls them off now. 
  • Options
    cedixon2 said:
    They make little re-hydrators for this. I stopped plugging it in and used it to just hold wipes before this became something I needed
  • Options
    elbouelbou member
    taysun said:
    I hate baby socks. I know they're a necessary evil sometimes because footed bottoms aren't great for babywearing but they get lost or fall off and DD pulls them off now. 
    Say whaaat? Footed bottoms are my fav for babywearing! I've never heard that they're bad for it. I'm curious as to why that is now...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    taysuntaysun member
    elbou said:
    taysun said:
    Say whaaat? Footed bottoms are my fav for babywearing! I've never heard that they're bad for it. I'm curious as to why that is now...
    If they're too tight they can cut off circulation to their toes or something 
  • Options
    BethP321BethP321 member
    edited May 2016
    Any kind of wrap.  I bought a boba.  Worst $40 investment ever.  I was gifted an actual baby carrier and that is the only carrier that makes it outside of the house.  I just don't trust my boba.  Baby will slip further and further down and constantly needs to be readjusted. I was also gifted a car mirror to see baby, which would be convenient if our car HAD A HEADREST in the backseat.  Ohh well.
  • Options
    Mama, you just gotta get that Boba Wrap really snug! We LOOOOOVED it, and had awesome success when I got it nice and tight before sliding baby in. BEST investment ever for us! <3 
  • Options
    ksrkimksrkim member
    @bethp321 my car does have a headrest and the mirror still doesn't work. I've had 3 different mirrors in two different cars and I just can't get the mirror positioned so that I can see DS. And on the rare occasion I get it into the right position, it falls out of place shorty after I start driving. So frustrating! 

• Options
    ksrkim said:
    @bethp321 my car does have a headrest and the mirror still doesn't work. I've had 3 different mirrors in two different cars and I just can't get the mirror positioned so that I can see DS. And on the rare occasion I get it into the right position, it falls out of place shorty after I start driving. So frustrating! 

I have two of these and they work great. I don't use the nightlight or music options. It may be a bit $ for a mirror, but I can see both kids very well. 

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=71725426&cp=2255957.2273443.2255983.2256187.3225213.3225216&parentPage=family

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    ksrkimksrkim member
    @redfallon thank you!! I have one of those. You've inspired me to give it another try though!
  • Options
    ksrkim said:
    @redfallon thank you!! I have one of those. You've inspired me to give it another try though!
    I can't have mine tightened all the way down. They are tilted forward. It's really frustrating when DD kicks hers and then I can only see the top of her head. To get them in the right place, put the car seat in the car without the baby and try to think where the baby's head is and move it around until you can see it well in the rearview. That's easier if your carseat has a headrest. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    BethP321 said:
    Any kind of wrap.  I bought a boba.  Worst $40 investment ever.  I was gifted an actual baby carrier and that is the only carrier that makes it outside of the house.  I just don't trust my boba.  Baby will slip further and further down and constantly needs to be readjusted. I was also gifted a car mirror to see baby, which would be convenient if our car HAD A HEADREST in the backseat.  Ohh well.
    I have a suction mirror that sticks to the back window! It does the job. ;)
  • Options
    Mirror doesn't work in my car either. Neither does the window shade cling that appears to have been a waste of $20 since it won't stay on the window.
  • Options
    Bedshare cots. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic - for babies that are willing to sleep in them. Olive outgrew the first one within two weeks. The second one, a larger, sturdier one, she started refusing right around the point when we could no longer return it. If she's not IN MY BED, she's not sleeping.

We still bedshare but no cot. I use bedrails now. MUCH smarter.