December 2015 Moms
Options

What baby gear drives you nuts?

So after looking and searching last year we got the chicco bravo travel system. I hate it. With. All. My. Heart. It squeaks all the time! Ugh. Or the tiny burp clothes from target. Nope. Got myself some Aden and Anais ones. 

What have you found to be a stupid baby gadget?

Re: What baby gear drives you nuts?

• Options
    I'm also not loving the chicco bravo travel system. It's very heavy and chunky. Mine doesn't squeak yet. Hope it never does. But since my in laws bought it, I'm not really complaining. Not sure what we would have gotten if it weren't for them. 

also not loving the boba wrap. Thought I'd love it, but so much material and LO doesn't stay put. 
  • Options
    There were some bibs we got at Target for DS, I don't remember the brand, but the velcro tabs were the worst I've ever seen about scratching him. It should never be able to break baby's skin from brushing against it.

There are a lot of products I've loved and hated at different times. The RnP is one of them. I'm always going back and forth on if it was even worth the money. Didn't use it for over a month then sleep regression hit and it was the only place she'd nap without being held so we loved it. Now it isn't used again and takes up space we don't have.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The swing for us. He has never been a fan, but for some reason we can't just pack it up and put it away (maybe because we spent $100 on it).

interesting what others say. I don't have any problem with the Chicco Bravo system, and I loved our Rock N Play when he was super tiny.
  • Options
    The swaddleme like blanket, but with a headrest. Useless. DD napped in it once for ten minutes! The second time I tried it she tried to roll onto her side (she's always been a side sleeper) and woke up crying! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The swaddleme like blanket, but with a headrest. Useless. DD napped in it once for ten minutes! The second time I tried it she tried to roll onto her side (she's always been a side sleeper) and woke up crying! 

That would be my LO. She sleeps all sideways like a c shape. Hasnt been swaddled since week 6
  • Options

There were some bibs we got at Target for DS, I don't remember the brand, but the velcro tabs were the worst I've ever seen about scratching him. It should never be able to break baby's skin from brushing against it.

There are a lot of products I've loved and hated at different times. The RnP is one of them. I'm always going back and forth on if it was even worth the money. Didn't use it for over a month then sleep regression hit and it was the only place she'd nap without being held so we loved it. Now it isn't used again and takes up space we don't have.
    Our rock and play folds and stands. But for a 80$ item it didnt really get the use out of it. It says to stop using at signs of rolling >.< so I am using it while I shower now... Before I cant anymore. 
  • Options

That would be my LO. She sleeps all sideways like a c shape. Hasnt been swaddled since week 6
    She hates her arms being swaddled in! I took out the padding in the headrest on this swaddle blanket and she's currently napping in it lol. Maybe not so useless after all! :joy: 
  • Options

Our rock and play folds and stands. But for a 80$ item it didnt really get the use out of it. It says to stop using at signs of rolling >.< so I am using it while I shower now... Before I cant anymore. 
    DS will roll over in his rnp then pop his head up like "uh, guys. Can I get some help?"
  • Options
    The mamaroo. She's hated it from the beginning. I try now and then to see if she'll change her mind lol, but nope. I want to put it away. Fingers crossed my next kid lives in that thing or else it was a huge waste of money!
  • Options
    yl1m32015 said:
    The mamaroo. She's hated it from the beginning. I try now and then to see if she'll change her mind lol, but nope. I want to put it away. Fingers crossed my next kid lives in that thing or else it was a huge waste of money!
    She doesn't like the Rockaroo anymore. I think it's because it sits too low to the ground and can't see me or DH very well. It's like she feels left out lol. Those things aren't cheap either!!
  • Options
    The walkers and sit me ups (yes, plural) that SO's family decided Henry needed. Taking up basement space is all they're good for. 
  • Options

Ours folds and stands up but we have zero storage space in our apartment so things just get piled up. Thankfully I only spent $35 on ours. I got the basic one on sale and it did get some use. Our says to stop use when they reach for the sides. So I use it sometimes when I'm in the bath and just buckle her in so she can't roll. 

To be fair I would've used it more for naps but couldn't leave it set up around DS. He was using it to climb on other stuff. So I'd get folded up and wasn't where I could use it when she was asleep on me and I needed to put her down. 
  • Options
    elbouelbou member
    Sophie the Giraffe!!! I didn't get gifted one with either of my girls (maybe they just weren't as much of a thing then?) but my SIL who became a FTM 4 months before DS1 was born decided I had to have one for him. Worst. Present. Ever.  My girls would squeak it about seventy-billion times in a row every time they could get their hands on it. If they hadn't ripped the packaging on it, I would have exchanged that ridiculous $25 squeaky-toy in a heartbeat!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    yl1m32015 said:
    I almost invested in a Mamaroo, but then thought; "What if he hates it!?" We opted not to get it, and he really doesn't even like the swing we have.  He tolerates it sometimes for 20-30 minutes, but usually no longer than 1 hour.  

The Moby wrap or any kind of wrap I am convinced is just ugh, awful! DS HATED the Moby, and it gave me anxiety to even try and get the damn thing on me, then to try to put him in it. He freaked out the few times I tried using it.  Also, DH threw it in the dyer and it shrunk just enough to not tie good enough around my waist.  I ended up putting it a good will bag and it's no longer taking up space.
  • Options
    yl1m32015 said:
    I almost invested in a Mamaroo, but then thought; "What if he hates it!?" We opted not to get it, and he really doesn't even like the swing we have.  He tolerates it sometimes for 20-30 minutes, but usually no longer than 1 hour.  

The Moby wrap or any kind of wrap I am convinced is just ugh, awful! DS HATED the Moby, and it gave me anxiety to even try and get the damn thing on me, then to try to put him in it. He freaked out the few times I tried using it.  Also, DH threw it in the dyer and it shrunk just enough to not tie good enough around my waist.  I ended up putting it a good will bag and it's no longer taking up space.
    I bought a cheap sling before investing in a moby. Good thing because he hates being held for long periods or swaddled. 
  • Options
    A mobile for the crib. By the time DD is in her crib she'll be too big and trying to grab it.
  • Options
    @Gingermom15 I really wish he liked the wrap style carriers.  I now have an Eddie Bauer one I bought from Target that he tolerates, but he is still too small for it.  He's 23 inches long and his legs are only about 9-10 of those inches, lol.  His legs don't even stick out through the holes yet. So he's all scrunched up inside of the thing, which essentially is like a wrap on him, yet he likes that more than he did the Moby.  It doesn't even fit me the best either.  I still have to play around with it some more. We've barley used it thus far. 
  • Options
    elbou said:
    Sophie the Giraffe!!! I didn't get gifted one with either of my girls (maybe they just weren't as much of a thing then?) but my SIL who became a FTM 4 months before DS1 was born decided I had to have one for him. Worst. Present. Ever.  My girls would squeak it about seventy-billion times in a row every time they could get their hands on it. If they hadn't ripped the packaging on it, I would have exchanged that ridiculous $25 squeaky-toy in a heartbeat!
    My girl loves Sophie!! It was one of the first toys that could keep her attention more than 5 seconds. 

I kinda wish we'd skipped the infant car seat carrier and just gotten a convertible seat. We carted her around in the infant seat for a few weeks but it's just too heavy and was doing serious damage to my back and shoulders so now I just usually get her in and out of it anyway. 
  • Options
    elbou said:
    My girl loves Sophie!! It was one of the first toys that could keep her attention more than 5 seconds. 

I kinda wish we'd skipped the infant car seat carrier and just gotten a convertible seat. We carted her around in the infant seat for a few weeks but it's just too heavy and was doing serious damage to my back and shoulders so now I just usually get her in and out of it anyway. 
    Same here! I kind of sometimes wish it wasnt in the car when I open the door lol
  • Options
    The baby bjorn original. I used to like it, when my DS was less than 10 lbs. He is 17 lbs now and has to forward face, his arms can't fit into it facing in, even though he can't quite hold his head up. Which means I can wear it for like 10 minutes tops. It also is quite uncomfortable since he is so heavy. I really want to get a lilibaby carrier but am too afraid it'll be another waste. 
  • Options
    The baby bjorn original. I used to like it, when my DS was less than 10 lbs. He is 17 lbs now and has to forward face, his arms can't fit into it facing in, even though he can't quite hold his head up. Which means I can wear it for like 10 minutes tops. It also is quite uncomfortable since he is so heavy. I really want to get a lilibaby carrier but am too afraid it'll be another waste. 
    I used a Bjorn at the beginning too, then decided it was messing with my back and my LO didn't look very comfortable. I got a Lillebaby and it is so much different. Way more comfortable and sturdy for both of us. For whatever that is worth.
  • Options
    Thanks @kksquared and @LaceyH13 !! I appreciate it! I'll probably end up getting one! Do you recommend a certain Lillebaby carrier?
  • Options
    Thanks @kksquared and @LaceyH13 !! I appreciate it! I'll probably end up getting one! Do you recommend a certain Lillebaby carrier?

Stuck in a box. 

Join the Lillebaby Love fb group, seriously so helpful. Right now there is an open box sale on the lillebaby site with amazing prices. In the FB group there's a list of retailers that will do free shipping and a free gift (teethers, doll carriers, etc.) if that interests you! I have the airflow complete because my LO is a furnace and the summers in CO are hot. If I could get another I'd get an embossed. New patterns are coming out this week. ;) Make sure you join the group, they will help you out so much with your decision! 

• Options
    Yep, I have the airflow complete. The navy blue one. The hood feature has been handier than I would have expected, for when I am carrying the baby around the office and he needs to take a nap. It darkens his face but is netting so is still breathable.
  • Options
    I have an airflow complete the grey one.  It's so easy to nurse in too!!!
  • Options
    I have the grey airflow. I figured it couldn't hurt since she used to get pretty warm in the moby and it's not like I'd be actively wearing her outside in the cold months. 
  • Options
    I have the ergo baby 360. I love the out facing position =) 
  • Options
    LaceyH13 said:
    Yep, I have the airflow complete. The navy blue one. The hood feature has been handier than I would have expected, for when I am carrying the baby around the office and he needs to take a nap. It darkens his face but is netting so is still breathable.
    Ohh, what is his hood feature? Does it protect from the sun? I love our Beco, but it's black and not proving to be great for hiking with DD.
  • Options
    my moby wrap! I love it but DD HATES it. For some reason she has never liked any sort of baby carrier. :(
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Options
    my moby wrap! I love it but DD HATES it. For some reason she has never liked any sort of baby carrier. :(
    Maybe she would like structure carriers? Like ergo, tula or bjorn?
  • Options
    Yes, the Lillebaby has a mesh hood that blocks sun and light. Wouldn't be great for rain since it has holes but I think it works really well to make it darker.
  • Options
    The baby gear that drives me nuts are the dozen or so pairs of shoes the MIL bought after I told her Baby wouldn't need shoes because where's he walking at 4 days old, 8 weeks old, 6 months old?!  What drives me more nuts than the shoes she bought is her asking me- far too often for my sanity- when I'm going to put "any of those shoes I bought him" on his feet because she "bought a whole lotta shoes and he's growing out of them without even wearing them." Yes. Yes he is. 

#SheHoardsEggsAndBabyShoes
    Hahaha to the hashtag! I tried putting shoes on DS... He screamed in target. I think it's more to get used to them having things on their feet right now. I will get DS a pair for that reason only. 
  • Options
    The baby gear that drives me nuts are the dozen or so pairs of shoes the MIL bought after I told her Baby wouldn't need shoes because where's he walking at 4 days old, 8 weeks old, 6 months old?!  What drives me more nuts than the shoes she bought is her asking me- far too often for my sanity- when I'm going to put "any of those shoes I bought him" on his feet because she "bought a whole lotta shoes and he's growing out of them without even wearing them." Yes. Yes he is. 

#SheHoardsEggsAndBabyShoes
    Hahaha to the hashtag! I tried putting shoes on DS... He screamed in target. I think it's more to get used to them having things on their feet right now. I will get DS a pair for that reason only. 
    That's why we've done crib shoes with both kids. They don't need them but I didn't like the idea of fighting to get them on when they are needed. Now the 18 month old knows he wears shoes to go out because it's always been that way and he hasn't found it. DD is fascinated with hers and it helped her find her feet.
  • Options
    I had to Google "crib shoes" because I wasn't familiar. Crib shoes would be fine- easy on, easy off NBD. I'm talking lace up high tops with rigid material that makes putting them on a newborn's foot an arduous task. New Mama ain't got time for all that!! Crib shoes might be a good compromise. 
    @ATolentino89 I posted a comment a couple months ago on an in-law thread about how she bought about 5 dozen eggs for whatever reason (we live together). She's done it again since that post!
  • Options
    We didn't get DD any shoes until she started walking and she loves shoes. We never had any issues with her putting them on. We had her walking around barefoot or in socks in the house, but with shoes when we went somewhere in case she would be walking on asphalt, store floor, etc. We'll do the same for DS. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yes to shoes! I have a box full of baby shoes and DD has only worn a pair once. Whoever invented baby shoes should get slapped

I also dislike our swing. It's a special kind of stupid and only works when it wants. It was free though so I can't complain too much.
  • Options
    Well!  I'm in Canada and there was no lilibaby retailers anywhere near me with a Lillebaby airflow... So I'm getting an all seasons!! I hope this is okay!! The retailer said it has the ability to zip down for air flow? AHHH hopefully this won't be another waste!! I still wear my baby bjorn everyday even though it's super uncomfortable! 
  • Options
    Well!  I'm in Canada and there was no lilibaby retailers anywhere near me with a Lillebaby airflow... So I'm getting an all seasons!! I hope this is okay!! The retailer said it has the ability to zip down for air flow? AHHH hopefully this won't be another waste!! I still wear my baby bjorn everyday even though it's super uncomfortable! 
    I've been looking at them and highly debating get beween getting the airflow and all seasons. I know we'll need something cool but I like the idea of the all seasons with wind and rain besides just cold weather. I'd love to hear what you think when you get it.