May 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 7/4

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/4

• Options
    Jenly17Jenly17 member
    edited July 2016
    @juliemay623 this is the absolute worst. Night 4 over here of vomiting, this time a 2 am shower for DD, strip bed, doing laundry. Whyyyyyyyyyy
  • Options
    @Jenly17 I sent you a pm!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jenly17 said:
    My toddler has a wicked stomach virus. She's been throwing up in the MOTN for the past 2 nights and then last night she had explosive diarrhea at 4 am. Cue 4 am shower, which cues waking the baby. Then 2 hours later she barfs all over the couch. I've been cleaning for the past 48 hours and trying to keep DS in a bubble and away from all of the germs. I need a prayer, a nap, and stiff drink. 
    I am living the same nightmare!!! Toddler kept waking up last night every 30 minutes telling DH her tummy hurt. Cue couch barfing and 6 of the most disgusting poopy diapers I have ever seen (where did all that poop come from?) while mommy is on duty and daddy is at work of course. This is after she had strep throat last week... I tell you when it rains it pours. Thank god the baby took a 2 hour then a 3 hour then a 1 hour nap today so I could keep her away from the germs. Hoping LO doesn't get sick...
    Yikes. Hoping that your littles are healthy again soon and don't pass it around!
  • Options
    Ok! You've got mail @LadySamLady!
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:
    Jenly17 said:
    My toddler has a wicked stomach virus. She's been throwing up in the MOTN for the past 2 nights and then last night she had explosive diarrhea at 4 am. Cue 4 am shower, which cues waking the baby. Then 2 hours later she barfs all over the couch. I've been cleaning for the past 48 hours and trying to keep DS in a bubble and away from all of the germs. I need a prayer, a nap, and stiff drink. 
    I am living the same nightmare!!! Toddler kept waking up last night every 30 minutes telling DH her tummy hurt. Cue couch barfing and 6 of the most disgusting poopy diapers I have ever seen (where did all that poop come from?) while mommy is on duty and daddy is at work of course. This is after she had strep throat last week... I tell you when it rains it pours. Thank god the baby took a 2 hour then a 3 hour then a 1 hour nap today so I could keep her away from the germs. Hoping LO doesn't get sick...
    Yikes. Hoping that your littles are healthy again soon and don't pass it around!
    Thank you! Trying so hard to keep the germs away!!
  • Options
    @jenly17 Oh no! I feel so bad for you! Ours seems to have been just a 24 hour bug as DD1 is feeling much better today and even ate breakfast.  Diapers are still nasty but at least it's moving through her system.  Did you call the dr at all? That seems like a really long time for the flu. Your pour LO!!!
  • Options
    @jenly17 Oh no! I feel so bad for you! Ours seems to have been just a 24 hour bug as DD1 is feeling much better today and even ate breakfast.  Diapers are still nasty but at least it's moving through her system.  Did you call the dr at all? That seems like a really long time for the flu. Your pour LO!!!
    Thanks. We took her yesterday. Ped says it's just a horrid stomach virus. She doesn't have a temp and is eating a little bit today. Hopefully the food stays down and inside her body lol. 
  • Options
    Jenly17 said:
    Thanks. We took her yesterday. Ped says it's just a horrid stomach virus. She doesn't have a temp and is eating a little bit today. Hopefully the food stays down and inside her body lol. 
    Glad it's not worse... Relatively speaking I mean since that seriously sounds awful! How is she acting? I always know DD isn't too bad if she is at least acting like herself even if she's not eating much.
  • Options
    LO dropped her paci, and it landed right next to her on my boob (I've got her in a sort of cradle hold right now). She just reared her head back for a second, then dived forward to grab that paci with her mouth like a shark. 

I swear I felt my boobs shrink up in fear 
    I know this move well. My LO's name starts with a "T" and between his name and the voracious moves he makes toward the nipple, he has earned the nickname "T-Rex!"
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    All my best friends flew in for a girls weekend / sprinkle for the baby. Needless to say, I've pumped and dumped both nights. It was awesome to get break from bf, but goodbye 12 ounces...
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    Motherhood achievement unlocked: the massive blowout that went up the back of the diaper, up the onesie, got all over the changing table while I tried to change her, and all over me as well. My child was just smiling and laughing the whole time. Best part, though? Last night after a particularly bad diaper DH and I were discussing our fear of this exact situation. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Motherhood achievement unlocked: the massive blowout that went up the back of the diaper, up the onesie, got all over the changing table while I tried to change her, and all over me as well. My child was just smiling and laughing the whole time. Best part, though? Last night after a particularly bad diaper DH and I were discussing our fear of this exact situation. 

This morning LO had a blowout that required its own emergency load of laundry. I didn't know so much poo could come out of such a tiny baby!
  • Options
    Woof, I just pulled in the parking lot for my first day back to work. Sitting here wanting to turn back around and go home...is it 5 yet?! I miss my baby girl already.  :'(
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    My LO is in his 10th week, but 6 weeks adjusted. I'm pretty sure he is going through the 6 week leap and his vaccinations are tomorrow. I didn't think this through ... So scared
  • Options
    @AliciaD39 Hopefully the vaccinations are a piece of cake...fingers crossed for you!

• Options
    AliciaD39 said:
    My LO is in his 10th week, but 6 weeks adjusted. I'm pretty sure he is going through the 6 week leap and his vaccinations are tomorrow. I didn't think this through ... So scared
    How did your lo do? I'm about to go and get DS4 his vaccinations in less than an hour. :confounded:
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Options
    Crankiness, non-stop nursing, spitting up from the non-stop nursing, refusing the paci, and hardcore napping in between it all: it must be a wonder week. 8 weeks as of yesterday
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    AliciaD39 said:
    How did your lo do? I'm about to go and get DS4 his vaccinations in less than an hour. :confounded:
    He cried a lot yesterday because his legs were sore, but slept a ton except at night ( up in shorter intervals). Today is not so bad, but still a little fussier than normal. 
  • Options
    Is anyone else 8+ weeks PP and still bleeding? I'm pretty sure I've only had 2 days where I didn't have to wear a pantyliner or pad. This is getting pretty old.

• Options
    Crankiness, non-stop nursing, spitting up from the non-stop nursing, refusing the paci, and hardcore napping in between it all: it must be a wonder week. 8 weeks as of yesterday

Yep-- 8 to 9w is the second wonder week range! Hopefully you're through the worst of it already!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    clbness said:
    Is anyone else 8+ weeks PP and still bleeding? I'm pretty sure I've only had 2 days where I didn't have to wear a pantyliner or pad. This is getting pretty old.

Yes. Finally stopped today maybe?
    2 month appointment for baby is next week. 
    Definately isn't my cycle, just annoying. 
  • Options
    clbness said:
    Yup, I only had maybe a day without bleeding. It's like right after my uterus went back to normal and I stopped bleeding from that, then I got a period. I'm 8 weeks pp and hoping today was the end of the period. Cause it's just getting exhausting at this point. 
  • Options
    @camillaandcarson  @AuntieCre5  I hope it's over for you both!  I'm just so jealous of the ladies that were done a month ago.  :#

• Options
    Today's random: I really, really hate those pajamas/sleepsacks with an upside down zipper thing with a passion. I know it makes diaper access easier, but my inner claustrophobic hates anything that can't be easily moved away from the neck area. It's snap-ons only for me (and LO).
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @amberraysofdawn check out magnificent baby - they make footed pjs that are magnetic closure. I totally forgot about them until I just washed our old stash of 3-6 clothes. I know they sell them on Amazon and at Buy Buy Baby.  Amazing for middle of the night fast changes. 
  • Options
    Anybody's LO time at the breast drop dramatically? He has always been a fast eater (average 7 minutes), but now he is pulling off at 3 and 4 and eating same number of times. Weight gain is fine and he doesn't act hungry. Could my letdown change speed or something? 
  • Options
    kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited July 2016
    @AliciaD39 as babies get older, most will be able to get a stronger suction and tongue roll, so they're able to get the milk out faster. If he's still gaining fine, and you're not feeling engorged,  he has probably just become more efficient! 
  • Options
    Only been using the k'tan and boy has my back been hurting. Decided LO was big enough to try to sit in the ergo. Holy back support... it's so much more comfortable. What was I doing with my life for the past 10 weeks?!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    I am so sick of sleeping with my hearing aids on 24/7. Not that things are loud here, but I miss the complete silence. And being able to lay on my right side (I have to stay on my left so that my good ear is out). DH usually covers a couple of hours in the morning so I can crash on my own without the aids on, but it's nowhere near enough...
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    sjlwsjlw member
    AliciaD39 said:
    Anybody's LO time at the breast drop dramatically? He has always been a fast eater (average 7 minutes), but now he is pulling off at 3 and 4 and eating same number of times. Weight gain is fine and he doesn't act hungry. Could my letdown change speed or something? 
    Oh man, jealous! My 9 wk old still takes 45 mins for a feed. I think it's his personality. He's eating, hanging out with a boob in his mouth, getting cuddle time, so what's the hurry? He also uses feedingtime to look around and stare at everything in the room.  
  • Options
    sjlw said:
    AliciaD39 said:
    Oh man, jealous! My 9 wk old still takes 45 mins for a feed. I think it's his personality. He's eating, hanging out with a boob in his mouth, getting cuddle time, so what's the hurry? He also uses feedingtime to look around and stare at everything in the room.  
    Mine is the same way. She just loves hanging out on the boob I guess. It also seems to make her sleepy so she'll take some breaks and then goes back to sucking. I'm enjoying it for now but I'm hoping she'll get more efficient. Her mouth is really small so it may just be a lot of work for her to breastfeed right now until she gets a little bigger.
  • Options
    slfezzslfezz member
    Since this is the latest random thread I found. 

i think all the newborn messes are just to prep you for toddler messes. I just did a deep clean on my 2 yr olds car seat and now feel like I need hazmat shower. I pulled out food crumbs that I don't even recognized anymore and so much random goo..... :s
  • Options
    I'm about to head out on a solo grocery trip with me and LO. Grocery stores scare me more than any other public place, because there's no quiet corner to go hide in if he starts crying! I have to go though because my sister is coming for the weekend and we are about out of food. 

• Options
    A lot of posts about people cutting LO's fingernails too close with the clippers and drawing blood. Our doctor told us to use an emery board and it works great! Is there a reason people aren't using Emory boards instead? 

• Options
    @vinerie Good luck at the store...you can dooo iiittt (in my best Rob Schneider voice)!  I haven't used the clippers out of fear of hurting my LO...I'll be using an emory board tonight, thanks to you!

• Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    vinerie said:
    A lot of posts about people cutting LO's fingernails too close with the clippers and drawing blood. Our doctor told us to use an emery board and it works great! Is there a reason people aren't using Emory boards instead? 

Our dr told us not to use an emery board. Since their nails are thin, he said the emery board can cause them to split or something like that?

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @vinerie - I've gone to the grocery store a bunch. If you go in the middle of the day on a weekday, I've found there's a TON of moms with babies. Yesterday I went to the bathroom when I was at the store and a mom with a baby and a toddler asked if I needed her to hold my baby while I went to the bathroom - last time I went a mom asked if I needed help changing my baby in the bathroom. I usually wear her in our beco gemini where I can discretely feed her while we're walking around, with a little blanket over my shoulder to cover up. Hope it went well!

And on the nails... for some reason Sierra's nails just kind of start coming off at the ends and I just finish pulling them off. I'm terrified of cutting them!
  • Options
    yogahh said:
    vinerie said:

Our dr told us not to use an emery board. Since their nails are thin, he said the emery board can cause them to split or something like that?
    OH that's funny! I guess there is no way we can win with these nails! I've heard people say to bite them, but I just can't seem to do that.