July 2016 Moms

Newborn/Postpartum Thread

Re: Newborn/Postpartum Thread

• Question- how are pants going? I wore black maternity leggings every day for the last month of pregnancy. Still wearing them now PP but they look silly and roll down now. I don't think my regular clothes will fit and don't want to get weepy when they don't, but my maternity stuff doesn't really work either :( What are you guys doing??
  • @PootsDragon I've been wearing my pre-pregnancy yoga pants and leggings. There's enough give but they're not my baggy maternity clothes. 

• Loading the player...
  • @PootsDragon I've been living in nursing tanks & my pre-pregnancy sweatpants/shorts with the drawstring waistbands. I haven't attempted real clothes yet for the same reason as you.
  • Question- how are pants going? I wore black maternity leggings every day for the last month of pregnancy. Still wearing them now PP but they look silly and roll down now. I don't think my regular clothes will fit and don't want to get weepy when they don't, but my maternity stuff doesn't really work either :( What are you guys doing??
    I'm not PP yet, but my plan is take advantage of the heat and wear maxi and sun dresses when we have to go into public. I have a few that have a nice V neck (for nursing). I'll be in whatever is comfy at home when we have no plans. 
  • Pants are my biggest clothing struggle right now. They all land on my c-section scar. At home I am wearing maternity leggings and loose pajama pants. For tops I am wearing the tops I wore earlier in my pregnancy and loose pre-pregnancy tops. I bought a few used loose dresses which fit well but it's been too cold to wear them. 

When DD was about 3 or 4 weeks old, I went to a consignment store and bought a few pairs of non-maternity pants a few sizes up. It felt good to be in real clothes! 
  • Did any of you ladies buy belly bands before you transitioned into maternity pants? You can use them over the maternity pants to keep them up  :)
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• @PootsDragon I'm also not PP yet, but remember last time. I absolutely refused to wear maternity pants the moment he came out. Mentally for me, I had to have that behind me. I was able to wear non maternity yoga pants, athletic pants, as well as some shorts that I have with a forgivable waist band. I also went to a consignment store and got a couple pairs of pants in a bigger size. I didn't have to be in them that long, and real clothes were awesome!
  • @PootsDragon I'm still wearing my maternity leggings and skirts. Tops are whatever fits, maternity or not. Unfortunately I don't think my pre pregnancy shorts will fit right now. I'm trying not to worry about things not fitting or I'll go crazy.
  • I actually fit into my PP pants but they all seem to rest at my incision line which is itchy and uncomfortable right now. Maternity pants slide down and are useless. So now I have no pants besides yoga ones/leggings. Between that and constantly smelling like breast milk it's hard not to feel slobby leaving the house. 
  • I fit into my old athletic shorts, so I've been living in those for 3 weeks. My "cute" shorts fit over my butt now, but I can't quite get them buttoned. I also have a few sundresses and maxi skirts for if I have to look presentable!

@theshannondee I told DH last night that I smell like an old boob. Besides the insane night sweats, it's my least favorite thing about being PP!
  • Everything @rnyland1 said. It took 9 months for the weight to be put on. Try not to stress over how long it takes you to shed it! You can use the belly bands in the mean time as they are great for the transition stages. 
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• I've been living in maxi skirts, maxi dresses and what casual lounge pants I have!! Presentable = maxi skirt, LOL! I can't imagine I'd fit into pre pregnancy shorts quite yet and it's hot as balls here so skirts and dresses it is for now!! 
  • My pre pregnancy leggings fit so I've been wearing those when it's cool enough or stretchy cotton skirts when it's hot. 
  • Basically if it's stretchy and somehow fits over my enormous boobs right now, that's what I wear. Most of my clothes don't fit right now, so I'm just making do until I can't take the options anymore! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Quick question (I will ask the doc when we next go in). Aubrey likes to turn her head one direction all the time. Any time she is in her bouncer or mamaroo or anything her head automatically turns that direction. She can turn her head both ways and does while we're burping her and even when she's laying flat. Just not sure if I should be worried or not. My gut says it's fine but there's a tiny part that wonders. It's been a long time since I've worked with infants and I can't remember warning signs
  • @PootsDragon after my first baby, I bought a couple pairs of (what i call "my big girl") jeans for post partum until I could fit into my regular jeans again. They got several months worth of wear after each of my pregnancies so I think it was well worth it! I don't have any shorts though so while it's hot I'll probably be adding my skirts and maternity shorts into this postpartum lineup as this is my last baby and I don't think buying new things makes sense.
  • @Schmooie730 E does the same thing. We were told by her doctor to try to turn her head the other direction if we can, like every other week, when she's sleeping so her head keeps its shape. We've only done it a few times last week, usually while she's deeply asleep, and she'll (usually) keep it there.
  • @schaze thank you! I try and change what side she sleeps on every once in a while at night when I put her in her bassinet. I was just concerned about muscle strength and whatnot.
  • @Schmooie730- ask your doctor to check for torticollis. DD had it. Basically their necks are crooked inside your uterus and they need stretches and/or physically therapy to help strengthen the other side. Here is a picture on the day that DD graduated from p.t.  You can see how tilted and turned her neck was before. The physical therapist gave me great stretches to do at home. We also bought a Tortle hat which helped her reposition her head when laying down or in the car seat. Thankfully her pedi caught it early, we started p.t. at 2 months and DD has no issues with it anymore. 

• I bought some cheaper bigger leggings, and for shorts I went to a second hand store and bought some shorts. Most of my shirts fit, but no way I'm getting into my pre pregnancy clothes for awhile yet. 
  • @holly142 I actually know about torticollis and was thinking about that. I worked with a baby that had it. I'll make sure to check with the doc when we go in a few weeks. Thank you! Your daughter looks like she did amazing with PT!
  • Finally joining this thread and totally honest haven't read anything in it. All I want to do is poop the gas distention is killing my incision and I'm not ready to give up my pain meds as the more I move  the more I hurt right now. Had prune juice and am on stool softeners but nothing! 
  • @Schmooie730 I was going to say the same. My DD also has torticollis and has been in PT since 3 months and still is at almost 2. :-/ The head turning the same way all the time was our first clue.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome @Backbypopulardemand!! Getting s good pooh is a small miracle after birth, lol!! I'm still not regular at a little over 2 weeks PP!! Keep on those stool softeners. They'll kick in eventually. 
  • I feel like a milk machine. Finally seem to be entering the realm of cluster feeding....
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • So DH is totally trying to get me to let the baby sleep in the bed with us bc she "looks so comfortable" and I think it's pretty unfair. Last night while watching her sleep she turned over on her belly in our bed and that freaked me out. I'm going to get a rnp this weekend and hopefully that works bc right now she only wants to sleep on us. I'm so tired. 
  • Didn't realize how easy it was to spoil a baby into not sleeping alone  :( He literally refuses to sleep in his bassinet now. 
  • Interesting article! Thank you for posting it!
  • Are any of you breast feeding moms also enjoying a beer/glass of wine every once in a while? I have had a half of a glass here and there but I have a mental block about it. I have read all the research saying that if you are sober your milk is sober so to speak. But I just am having a hard time enjoying it because I keep freaking out that I'm going to hurt my LO. I think I might just wait until 4-6 weeks when I start pumping and we introduce a bottle again. But I wanted to see what you all were doing...
  • Thanks for all the reassurance ladies! I think my mental block comes from being pregnant. I still can't get over the fact that it's ok to drink now even though I know that one drink is totally fine! And thanks for the tip @stellaluna14 to have one while breastfeeding! That's smart and probably super relaxing. 
  • I've been having a cider here and there! I just make sure to not have more then 1 at a time!