July 2016 Moms

Newborn/Postpartum Thread

Since we have a several babies who are on the outside now, maybe it's time for a thread like this?

I'll start. I have had the worst time sleeping, especially in the hospital... And it's not her keeping me up, but my own racing brain. I had both kids asleep at the same time yesterday and tried to nap, but I just laid awake instead. I'm not really worrying about anything in particular, just can't doze off. Anyone else have insomnia?
Me: 32 DH: 32
Married: 05/31/2008
DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
M/C: 06/11/2015
DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d

Re: Newborn/Postpartum Thread

• Loading the player...
  • @WVUPetunia Thanks... I know its a common thing to struggle with, I appreciate hearing your story too! I know next time around I will need to remember "not all kids are the same!" 
    @Serpica I agree! It has been a slow and exhausting learning curve. Glad things are on the right track for you guys.
    @abpl2014 Oh girl I hate to hear you have some mommy guilt! It's hard! Henry is growing wonderfully now and I am sure you guys will figure out the feeding that works best once he is home with you. I love hearing updates from your prospective as a NICU mama!
  • @abpl2014 I agree with what everyone else said, you're working so hard and doing so much for Henry! Sounds like he's getting stronger everyday thanks to your efforts and love! 
  • @aimz2377 @theshannondee @Serpica thanks for the words of encouragement! I love sharing my story as a NICU mom! If my experiences can help someone out in the future( I hope no one has to experience the NICU) but if you do I'm glad to have shared my story! Keep working hard mamas! You are all doing a great job with your little ones! 
    Anniversary
  • I think most boards do the birth announcements as a picture and birth story post
  • I would love to read birth stories from you guys!!! I love the pictures too @abpl2014 and @theshannondee
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Love this thread! So exciting to see babies out there!

DD was not nursing properly and the hospital was no help for me either. They just said she looked great and I was in bad pain from her latch. I highly recommend seeing an LC ASAP if you have any questions or concerns.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Breast feeding did not work for us. I saw the LC's in the hospital and the LC that is part of our pediatricians group. I took it hard at first but Lincoln is growing and gaining and that is the part that matters. I was driving myself nuts trying to pump but I just wasn't getting anything. 
  • My milk has come in in an absolute fury! Dis was in the nice and I was pumping for him so I really didn't expect it to happen this quickly as I have done no pumping yet this time. Lo just got the hang of latching and I feel like we're starting again as my boobs have become monstrous and the force of the ejection of milk chokes him! I'm trying to hand express first to make it easier for him but he will only latch onto left boob since this morning. Hopefully things will balance out soon. 

Also my Virginia and butt hole are killing me! I had a 2nd degree tear which was repaired and man oh man does it hurt just to sit down! I'm outta ice packs from the hospital so I'm making some padsicles tomorrow! 
  • @abpl2014 thank you! I'm glad things are going great with you as well! I love the idea of healthy accountability support post baby. I know many of us were lucky to just survive eating whatever during pregnancy so it's a nice fresh start!
  • Thank you! He just melted and then I did too! It was so sweet! How long did it take you ladies to get your milk in? I'm still on colostrum and looking forward to start stocking up on milk for little man.