July 2016 Moms

WTF Wednesday

It's hump day mamas....wtf is going on today??

Re: WTF Wednesday

• WTF to my boss who is giving me a bunch of paperwork to fill out that corresponds to major projects weeks after my due date because my lazy coworker just wont do them so they don't get done!  Whats going to happen when I am not here?  I am due in 6 days people, get it together!  My boss needs to hold all his people accountable for things!
  • I have a few already, mostly aimed at DD's daycare provider.

WTF#1 - I pulled up yesterday to drop off DD and her car was nowhere to be found. So I texted, called, and waited around 15 minutes. After that, I said eff it and headed home only to get a text once I arrived that she was there and had gone to the doc. You think you could have texted me beforehand to let me know you were there or would be back? No.... instead I miss a day of work. 

WTF#2 - If you have bronchitis, aren't you suppose to be on antibiotics? I already missed work yesterday so I couldn't take a second day off to stay home with DD.
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Loading the player...
  • Wtf to the lady at the mechanic today. You came in saying that your car has been saying it's low on oil for a couple of days. DAYS?! Hm, well, that's one thing you probably shouldn't put off. A good general rule is that if your car is saying youre low oil, you're already too low.
  • @Jwittwer hate to be devil's advocate but bronchitis is usually a viral infection, not bacterial, so most of the time antibiotics cannot be used to treat it.  Also, I used to suffer from chronic bronchitis for months at time as a child/young adult. There was really no treatment (just treatment of symptoms)...so I just had a nasty hacking cough pretty much all the time. It was miserable, but I had to just keep going about my life. I haven't had an attack like that since I was in my mid-twenties and do not wish it upon anyone.
  • @DachshundMomma - common sense.... some people just don't have it.

I mean really, if the light was already on, it's not that hard to grab a funnel and add some freaking oil!

• @rnyland1 ugh here's to hoping DD doesn't catch it. I'd be super pissed, especially with her birthday coming up next week. Plus, I can't afford to catch that right now either. 

• @MamaBish I agree with you on this.  One of my friends has two kids and is a SAHM to two little girls.  Her husband is a freelance web designer.  They do not have insurance and do not want to pay for it through the government (not sure how they are getting away with this..?) She told me she is nervous  that she will get pregnant again with #3 because she can't afford the pill and she and her husband don't like to use condoms, so they just try to avoid having sex during ovulation. That is just crazy to me! If you really don't want another kid, buy a box of condoms and suck it up.

She just announced on Facebook she's pregnant with number 3 and it's was a pleasant "surprise." 
  • Wtf to H's job... One of his coworkers called us last night to tell us because he took paternity leave the boss is thinking of laying him off. I guess will see what happens Monday
  • WTF adulting and real life.  You're too hard right now

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • @onesassybishh wtf?! That is rediculous! 
  • @onesassybishh - wtf. Is that even legal?

• @onesassybishh what the hell?! can they do that?  Is he protected by company policy at all (either a paternity leave policy or general time off policy)??
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • @onesassybishh WTF, I have a feeling that legally they are not allowed to do that. I would definitely do some more research on this to make sure your hubby is protected. Hopefully you will get some good news.
  • @onesassybishh I'd call a lawyer. That seems illegal...
  • babycakesdaybabycakesday member
    edited July 2016
    @onesassybishh There has to be some sort of policy that protects him. Hopefully its just bad rumors going around, but if not definitely look into hiring a lawyer. 

Wtf- a/c just gave out for the third summer in a row..... and its going to be 100 plus degrees all week..... just freaking great. 

Edit: half my wtf disappeared. 
  • @onesassybishh seriously?? That is not ok. Why have a paternity leave policy if you want to punish people for taking it?!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• @onesassybishh if it's anything like Texas which is a "right to work" state, bosses can hire and fire at will. I know someone who got laid off the day before they were supposed to go on maternity leave....it doesn't seem right but it happens. Not sure what kind of legal action can be taken either.
  • megstervtmegstervt member
    edited July 2016
    @AB34 I would have told her there are 2 opinions, but about 50+ credible research articles showing hers is wrong.
  • megstervt said:
    @AB34 I would have told her there are 2 opinions, but about 50+ credible research articles showing hers is wrong.
    lol oh how I wish I was brave enough! I just don't want to stir the pot. She's one of the "essential oils cure everything" people. I just can't. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • I've never really posted my own 'wtf' before but it's never too late for one! Maybe this would've been good for yesterday's TW Tuesday as well.

Speaking of vaccines, the last time DH had his TDap shot was almost 10 years ago so I had him to go the pharmacy to get one yesterday since baby will be arriving next week. He gets there, tells the pharmacist that he's there for the TDap shot. This inexperienced so-called pharmacist then begins asking him questions like when was the last time he got it, etc. He tells her it's been a while and she proceeds to ask him if it has been more than 10 years. He tells her no, but he is requesting one because we are expecting a newborn next week. Either she totally ignored the last part or just doesn't understand that it's necessary, she hands him back his insurance card and says, "you don't need one if you had it within the last 10 years. You're all set" and brushed him off, followed by a giggle as if to say he didn't know what he was requesting. Needless to say, I was full of rage when he came home to tell me what happened. I really wanted to call her and tell her off but held back. What a friggin waste of time!
  • @rnyland1 @MamaBish I wanted to call back and set her straight but hubby wouldn't let me - he didn't think it would change anything. We'll definitely be going back when a different pharmacist is on.
  • Well said, @PootsDragon! Believe me, I had all sorts of pregnancy rage last night. A complaint will be in order...
  • LF93LF93 member
    @erin7264 Oh so exciting :) Good luck 

WTF to my sleeping habits, I haven't needed a nap in about 4 weeks and today I went to lay down after dinner which I do every day.. 3 hours later I wake up. Its 9.30, no way I'm going to be asleep before 3am tonight! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Why have none of my doctors even mentioned the TDAP to me? 
  • @LadyFleck- I had to remind my dr to give it to me this time... The nurse thinks they forgot because they usually do it at the same time as when I was diagnosed with GD.  Either way, it was annoying.
  • LadyFleck said:
    Why have none of my doctors even mentioned the TDAP to me? 
    My doc didn't mention it either.  I had to ask for it! She was very blase about the whole thing which shocked me because she's normally very conservative