Re: TTTC Checkin 6/29/2016

• Options
    Sorry for the BFN @harleyquinn0621   *hugs*

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    @harleyquinn0621 I'm so sorry for your BFN.   I don't blame you for skipping your beta.  Thinking of you!  

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @harleyquinn0621 Sorry about the BFN.
  • Options
    thanks ladies :smile: I went hiking and swimming yesterday - just took some time for me.. i'm going to use this next cycle to meet with another RE before i throw more money into another IUI cycle.. i feel like my current RE is going through a standard protocol without really looking at what would work best for me... so perhaps the new RE can come up with a plan a little more specific and custom to me 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    @JDW0325 - Congrats on your BFP!! :smile: 
    @wifeinraleigh28 - Congratulations on getting through everything for your IVF! So excited that you are starting this process, and it is wonderful that your mother is able to come down too. I am so so excited for you! :smile: Keep us posted! We just got a referral to IVF today! 
    @hoffmanr7 - GL with everything, I am so glad that you have a plan in place and are moving forward. Always a good feeling!
    @Worldtravler0522 - Your follies sound like they are looking good! So glad to hear things are going well! GL with your IVF! We just got our referral to IVF today!
    @Tulips29 - Congrats on your BFP!! :smile: So excited for you, and it makes me feel hopeful! 
    @Plainjanie - I felt the same way about Gonal-F. I built it up so big in my mind....and it was nothing! haha. GL with this cycle and FX for IUI! 
    @harleyquinn0621 - GL with your TWW....I completely get that feeling it is awful...but my FX are still crossed for you. 
    @jennh75b - Welcome! GL with your first cycle of Clomid! 
    @Starlight811 - So sorry about your BFN  :(
    @MandyBeeSLP - I am also knee deep in the waiting game....it is not fun....but just know that you are not alone.
    @Ducks&Cats - GL with this cycle. Breaks are definitely necessary. We took last month off and are taking this month off and I feel that is it much needed. It's like having a part-time job. 
    @jmr1515 - Sorry to hear you are having cramping. Keep us posted about your next steps. Glad to hear that the HSG went well! 
    @ReesaAnne16 - Waiting is by far the worst part about all of this. Everything takes soo long. I also feel as though I've given up TTC naturally too, and I'm waiting until August as well! GL with this cycle, even if you aren't feeling hopeful!
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe - I've been trying diet and exercise to help myself ovulate as well and had the same experience sadly....however, it did help AF come naturally 2 months in a row (which hadn't happened in a year for me)...so I hope that gives you some hope! GL and I hope you ovulate! 
    @meli123k - So sorry to hear about your BFN :(. Hoping that your next IUI is a success, but it is good to hear you are taking steps with an IVF consult. We are doing the same thing today....and like you...I definitely didn't ever think I would even be considering it. Everything with IF is so unpredictable. 
    @Kay6519 - Welcome to the group. I am sorry to hear that you are feeling overwhelmed. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions at all and GL as you continue your journey. 
    @lablover78 - Woo hoo for vacation! So happy that you are feeling so positive about your meeting with the RE! GL!
    @SummerBrooke13 - GL in your TWW! It sounds like you had some good follies! Hoping for a BFP for you!
    @zigzag8412 - Ugh sorry to hear about AF. You sound like you've had such a frustrating experience. The "why me" stage I find will come and go quite often....give yourself permission to feel that way and to grieve for yourself as well as thinking those positive thoughts. We have all been there. 
    @seethosestars - I am sorry to hear that you're having a rough day. Cycle day 1 for me today too. That is such a difficult situation....and it is awful that all of this news came today. It is never easy, no matter how happy for them you are. 
    @echo+november - Welcome! I am actually about to be switched to Letrozole + Gonal-F in August! 

My Update: 
      Today was a big day in our journey. I went to POAS and AF appeared...literally the second I was taking it (Sorry if that is TMI)....I had the smallest bit of hope that we had had a chance naturally, but I think that the hopes of that happening are pretty much gone now. 
      Anyways, that was not the big part of our day. Today, we went for a meeting with our RE (after he had consulted with a team of REs at the clinic). He stated that my case was particularly difficult as I seem to fail to respond to low doses of meds (we tried Gonal-F + Menopur), but then respond too well to higher doses (my levels just skyrocket).
      In August, he is going to switch me to Letrozole + Gonal-F (starting me on a higher dose) and is also going to prescribe me Metformin. I am feeling optimistic about these next steps. We decided to take the month of July off for mental health, financial reasons and because we will be away for a week on vacation, and honestly, it is a bit of a relief. 
      We are also being referred to do a consult for IVF as the wait list in Ontario is 1-2 years as the government just started covering one cycle....so everyone thought it made sense to at least get put on the wait list in the meantime. 
      Emotionally, I am feeling a little disappointed, as I think our journey is going to be much longer than I ever thought it would be, and that is a hard thing to accept. On the other hand, DH and I decided that we are going to take this time to be grateful for the things that we can do at this stage in our life right now, and are deciding to plan a trip for October, and I am looking forward to that! GL to everyone else this month and in their cycles! 

QOTW - I agree with @Plainjanie. Sweet and salty together is the BEST! However, since I started my sugar-free, carb-free diet...I've been relying more on salty! However if I had to choose between the two...I would choose sweet!

Me: 31 DH: 32
    Married: 10/4/14, Together Since: 5/21/06
    Children: 1 (girl, 3 years)

TTTC #1 since April 2015, Started Treatment Dec 2015
    5 Cycles of IF treatment until BFP! (IUI, Gonal-F, Letrozole)
    BFP: September 5th, 2016
    Born: May 22, 2017

TTTC #2 since September 2020, Currently in Testing phase 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Update. Just got my beta back today and it was 31. So The Fermara at 5mg and the trigger shot worked.
    Married for 3 years
    Me: 28 DH: 33
    Together for a total of 6 years
    Fur mommy to two rescue dogs
    DX: PCOS and Insulin Resistance

History:
    Irregular Cycles
    2010: Laproscopy with Hystroscopy ablation. Tubes were clear.
    1/5/2016 : DH sperm analysis is excellent.
    February: Switched to a new RE
    Two failed clomid rounds
    March 2016: New HSG and found tubes are open
    April 2016: Round one Letrozole 2.5 mg. Ultrasounds day 13 &16. No follicle grouth
    May 2016: Had to take a month off
    June 9th 2016: Started Letrozole again but at 5mg
    July 5th: bfp beta 31
    July 7th: Beta 97
    July 9th: Beta 231
    July 11th: Beta 500
    July 13: Beta 1400
    Beautiful son born 3/16/17 @ 1:38pm

• Options
    @mackenzie07 congrats!!! I'm glad the letrozole worked for you!

TTC #1 since June 2015 
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    Update. Just got my beta back today and it was 31. So The Fermara at 5mg and the trigger shot worked.
    Whoop, whoop!
    TTC since May 2015 with domestic partner of 13 years. Me 33 OH 33.  No ovulation or natural menstruation. Normal SA.
    Diagnosed PCOS February 2016
    First cycle 50mg Clomid 5/3/16, O'd CD 19 BFN
    Second cycle 50mg Clomid 6/1/16 O'd CD 18 BFN
    Third cycle Clomid 6/29/16 O'd CD 16 BFP @11dpo!
    EDD April 3 and praying things work out!
  • Options
    congrats!!!!
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    Starting my final round of provera/Clomid tonight. My OB is referring me to an RE if I don't ovulate this cycle. I ordered a pack of 50 ovulation strips and I will be using one every morning this cycle. I'm also breaking my OB orders about trying to make a baby. Right now she has us doing it every other day from the time AF stops until day 20 of cycle and then I go in for a blood draw on day 24. But I start getting ovulation symptoms on day 28/29. (My cycles last 35-50 days) I'm still going to go in on day 24 for my blood draw but continue using strips after to see if maybe I'm ovulating late in my cycle. 
  • Options
    **Loss mentioned**

Hello all, 
    I had my 3rd round of clomid last month. I had a positive pregnancy test, but negative blood test. Dr office said it was most likely a chemical pregnancy. However, still no sign of AF 1 week later. 

QOTW: Do you prefer sweet or salty snack foods?
    I have ALWAYS had a sweet tooth. The only time I craved salty foods instead was when I was pregnant with ds. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Samanthaarielxo  your body produces more LH in the afternoon and evening, so you are more likely to have a positive OPK between 5pm-10pm at night. I would recommend testing then, rather then in the morning, and then once the strips are getting close to positive, test multiple times a day. 

@eadams08  I'm so sorry about the CP, thinking of you :(

TTC #1 since June 2015 

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN

• Options
    BWhittaBWhitta member
    edited July 2016
    Hi everyone!  Not a whole lot to report here either...CD12, and we leave for vacation tomorrow so it's good timing!!!!!  Hoping for a lakehouse baby :wink:
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • Options
    Starting my final round of provera/Clomid tonight. My OB is referring me to an RE if I don't ovulate this cycle. I ordered a pack of 50 ovulation strips and I will be using one every morning this cycle. I'm also breaking my OB orders about trying to make a baby. Right now she has us doing it every other day from the time AF stops until day 20 of cycle and then I go in for a blood draw on day 24. But I start getting ovulation symptoms on day 28/29. (My cycles last 35-50 days) I'm still going to go in on day 24 for my blood draw but continue using strips after to see if maybe I'm ovulating late in my cycle. 

If you aren't temping I would highly recommend doing it this cycle.  That way you can confirm your O.  Once you confirm O ask for a 7dpo progesterone draw.  Any why stop having sex???  It only makes sense to keep going!  Also, what Reesa said.  Most women have lh surges in the afternoon/evening.  I have been surging in the AM but I don't think that is the norm, it would probably be best to test at least twice a day.
    TTC since May 2015 with domestic partner of 13 years. Me 33 OH 33.  No ovulation or natural menstruation. Normal SA.
    Diagnosed PCOS February 2016
    First cycle 50mg Clomid 5/3/16, O'd CD 19 BFN
    Second cycle 50mg Clomid 6/1/16 O'd CD 18 BFN
    Third cycle Clomid 6/29/16 O'd CD 16 BFP @11dpo!
    EDD April 3 and praying things work out!