February 2017 Moms

First Time Moms

2»

Re: First Time Moms

• @Xstatic3333 I'm assuming it will be more helpful once we're all past 1st tri food weirdness. I mean, I'm living off chicken nuggets and toast at the moment.  :s
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @Xstatic3333 I'm assuming it will be more helpful once we're all past 1st tri food weirdness. I mean, I'm living off chicken nuggets and toast at the moment.  :s
    I know, right? Today I lucked out with a pretty good day, but two days ago I was going on only Teddy Grahams. What household of people in their 30s, no kids, even buys Teddy Grahams?
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi there, well I'm pregnant and surprisingly I am handling it better than I imagine (I'm someone who is very analytic so I want to know things in order to prepare for them) Since having a baby is a lot of uncertain and surprising things, I am surprise I am not freaking out or being stressed out (except for those blood tests I fear needles!) It could also be because it hasn't sunk in yet into my head and like my best friend, waiting for the first echo to maybe have the reality sink in.

I used to be overweight (190 pounds) but I was back down at 130-125 pounds, since I became pregannt it it my black sheep to gain weight becasue it was sooo hard to take off, and that is about the only thing freaken me out. I gained 7 pounds in 6 weeks and it is killing me since I eat right, no excess food intake and I do exercice 3-4 times a week. Other than weight gain, I have none of the pregnancy symptoms (except being so tired haha) Guess that part is lucky as I heard some are hit with everything!

• @sbeaudin31 girl, step awayyyyyy from the scale. Everyone gains weight differently throughout a pregnancy, and even though there are targets to aim for, a few pounds in either direction isn't going to hurt you or your baby. It'll be way too long a road with this pregnancy if you don't let go of your worries about weight now. 

As as someone who has lost a lot of weight as well, I know how hard it is to get out of that mindset.  But your body's job has changed, and gaining weight means something different than it did before.  It sounds like you exercise regularly and eat healthy.  That's 90% of the battle right now.  Make sure to eat a wide variety of healthy things, pay close attention to your hunger and saeity cues, and listen to your doctor.  And seriously.  Put that scale away.