February 2017 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 6/30

2»

Re: UO Thursday 6/30

• Options
    See point made. I "responded" to @SweetT but it didn't even show up right. Maybe I just don't know how to use this site properly. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gingersnap I really do like a lot of your snark. I also have seen you be very supportive. 
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Is it bad that I sort of ship @gingersnap and @MonaLisaRalphio ...?  I think they're my BMB OTP.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SweetTSweetT member
    @turtlemobile2 I screw up my responses and quotes constantly on here. 
    I joined a generic Facebook February 2017 Group no idea where it started from. But oh my gosh I can't take the stupid in there some days and I know it wouldn't happen with bumpies (for the most part). 
  • Options
    @SweetT I think they need to make a The Bump for Dummies book. :) Like I want to post fun pictures, or memes, but when I try I always fail. Oh well. But I love the stupid of the beginning days. It's highly entertaining to me. I rarely get involved in the drama that ensures but I always have my popcorn handy because I need soap operas in my life to make the work day go faster.  
  • Options
    momousekeemomousekee member
    edited June 2016
    @SenoraKahlo Yessssss. I'm with you on that. Particularly when I'm on a bicycle. No, you can't wave me through the stop sign. I have to stop ANYWAY. And then I'm way slower than you to get started again. Would you please just take your right of way and get on with it?

*edit cuz I can't type
  • Options
    @momousekee seriously. Or if I'm walking and get waved on, I feel like I have to walk/run to show gratitude or something.
  • Options
    @SenoraKahlo it sounds more so like she had no idea how to drive. 

I like common courtesy on the roads, like leaving enough room for a car to turn left in front of you when traffic is backed up blocking an entrance. But I agree going above and beyond that is completely unnecessary and can even cause accidents if being unnecessarily nice on the roads means you no longer follow the rules of the road. 
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SenoraKahlo that is a huge part of the driving culture in RI and it drives me bonkers. Everyone always stops to let cars turn, even when it makes no sense, yet won't use their directional or stop for pedestrians. It's totally different from how people drive just over the border in MA, where I grew up. Very strange. 
  • Options
    @Xstatic3333 said a "directional" is that the same as a blinker or turning signal?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't like it when people are too nice while driving.When they will go out of their way to let someone go before them that doesn't have the right of way. It just causes confusion and generally makes the whole process take a lot longer. Earlier I was at a stop sign to turn right. A woman was driving straight and while she had no visible stop sign, she stopped at her invisible stop sign of too much niceness. Then the gesticulating commenced with me waving nicely, as if to say "no please go, you have the right of way" And she waves back as if insisting "no, YOU please go. I'm far too nice for the conventional driving courtesies." I start again with further obligatory waving, saying "ok but I must insist, I don't have the right of way here." And so on and so forth. It was a full 30 seconds of this waving business before I finally went.
    I hate when people do this. Or when DH is driving and someone cuts him off or does something stupid he doesn't honk. I always tell him stupid things deserve honks or how else will the know they are driving like an idiot?
  • Options
    There's no courtesy here in SoCal. 
    People drive like assholes. 
  • Options
    kswiger06 said:
    @Xstatic3333 said a "directional" is that the same as a blinker or turning signal?
    Yup! Too funny, I had no clue that was a regional term. 
  • Options
    kswiger06 said:
    Yup! Too funny, I had no clue that was a regional term. 
    Lol me neither, I was kind of just figuring that it was the same... we actually use blinker most often, but the cops say traffic signal/turning signal
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SweetT said:
    My UO is I can not wait for a Facebook group to start. 
    I'm sure a lot of it is user error but I get no bump notifications and just can't stand the formatting on the app. 
    With my first pregnancy we started the Facebook group while still in 1st tri and we quickly weeded out the crazies and over 4 years later it's still an active group. 
    Create one, I'll join.  I hate waiting.  We had an early BMB go to FB when I had my last baby and it's still amazing and active.
    Expecting #5
    Rainbow baby after 3 losses
    Due February, 2017

• Options
    Im super bitter at TB Facebook groups because of MLM and having to send money anytime someone's uncles cats best friend dies. 
  • Options
    Im super bitter at TB Facebook groups because of MLM and having to send money anytime someone's uncles cats best friend dies. 
    In the group I'm in from my BMB, we made a strict no MLM rule. 

• Options
    @SenoraKahlo that is a huge part of the driving culture in RI and it drives me bonkers. Everyone always stops to let cars turn, even when it makes no sense, yet won't use their directional or stop for pedestrians. It's totally different from how people drive just over the border in MA, where I grew up. Very strange. 
    It's like that in Maine too! Drives me nuts. I grew up in upstate NY and I feel like ppl there were much better drivers. Also in ME people drive BELOW the speed limit. Like 5-10 mph. It's awful. Hardly anyone uses turn signals either. All you have to do people is lift a finger, literally. 

Also you rock @momousekee for following the rules of the road on your bike. There are so many bikers here and they all believe that stop signs/lights don't exist for them. Sorry you're driving with traffic you need to follow the rules too!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    SweetT said:
    I'm sure a lot of it is user error but I get no bump notifications and just can't stand the formatting on the app. 
    With my first pregnancy we started the Facebook group while still in 1st tri and we quickly weeded out the crazies and over 4 years later it's still an active group. 
    Create one, I'll join.  I hate waiting.  We had an early BMB go to FB when I had my last baby and it's still amazing and active.
    Ditto
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SweetTSweetT member
    SweetT said:
    I think I just figured out who you are! <3 
  • Options
    Ugh, you guys, I f'ing hate Facebook.  Maybe that's my UO.  Squeaked that one in right under the wire.
    I just deleted mine. I feel so free.
  • Options
    @Gingersnap I'm in NorCal. Plenty of assholes but there's also the other side too.
  • Options
    I hate when people throw baby showers that don't allow children. My H and I are invited to one in August for a mutual friend so we will need a sitter. Very annoying. Children were welcome to my shower with my DD and I don't see the problem with having them in attendance on a Sunday afternoon, it's not like it is an evening adult party or something. Also, almost everyone in our group of friends has kids so I am predicting many no-shows from people who couldn't get a sitter. 
  • Options
    I hate when people throw baby showers that don't allow children. My H and I are invited to one in August for a mutual friend so we will need a sitter. Very annoying. Children were welcome to my shower with my DD and I don't see the problem with having them in attendance on a Sunday afternoon, it's not like it is an evening adult party or something. Also, almost everyone in our group of friends has kids so I am predicting many no-shows from people who couldn't get a sitter. 
    Yes!!! My sister seriously had a weird adult only baby shower. I didn't attend because I thought it was too weird and a lot inappropriate, but I guess some of the games included blind folding people and having them pin the sperm to the egg!! (Gross) and another one that had something to do with liquor shots out of baby bottles. My sister didn't drink during pregnancy that I know of, but still that type of shower we were asked to not being kids and then it sounded extremely raunchy and a reason to drink.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SweetT said:
    SweetT said:
    I think I just figured out who you are! <3 
    Ha.  I created a new account / screen name because my other one was well known back in the olden days and I'm not ready to be public with this pg yet.  :wink:
    Expecting #5
    Rainbow baby after 3 losses
    Due February, 2017

• Options
    @momousekee seriously. Or if I'm walking and get waved on, I feel like I have to walk/run to show gratitude or something.
    I do this to make sure they don't get hit by some idiot not paying attention. Sounds dumb but eh I do it especially for kids.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
  • Options
    No offence but I have no interest in joining a FB group until closer to 3rd tri. It's still too early IMO.
    way to soon to join one. my last bmb did one early and they had so much drama. We made a group after the babies were born and everyone is so close

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Gingersnap Truth. LA drivers are the worst. I want to pull my hair out everyday in traffic. My Dad was here visiting not too long ago and he was like "what's with at least 2 cars going after the light turns red," I told him it's kind of an unspoken rule because you see people do it at almost every light.

@SenoraKahlo The one thing that gets me about North Cali drivers are the Central Valley farmers that pull out in front of you with tires squealing and dirt flying and then go 20mph on the 99.
  • Options
    I absolutely cannot stand that they're making a new Ghostbusters movie, every time I see the commercial it make me angry because it looks so terrible.