BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: UO Thursday 6/30

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I come here for the snark as well. 

My UO is that I don't need to see your pee stick. I'm not saying you can't post it, that's up to you. But I'll believe you're pregnant without you needing to show me. 
    That's why I'm glad TB isn't down with that. I've lurked other forums and some folks show off a lot more than pee sticks. I'm scarred for life!!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    I should ETA mucus plugs, etc. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    I should ETA mucus plugs, etc. 
    ::Shudder::

Yeah, I couldn't even stalk any other TTC boards without getting an eyeful of CM.  So nauseating.  It was bad enough worrying about my own.  
  • Options
    I miss the way the old Bump was and the structure of the BMBs actually annoys me more than the old free for all it used to be even though we complained about it back then. I haven't seen it here but I have been pregnant several times recently and some of the other boards someone would post and everyone would be all "OMG YOU CAN'T POST THAT HERE THERE'S A THREAD FOR THAT ALREADY." I'm all about the snark and I like when the boards move fast and there are a lot posts and discussions. 
  • Options
    I can't stand when threads where the op says something the rest of the group strongly disagrees with....and then 10+ people feel the need to make snarky comments after. It's one thing if the op keeps coming back and instigating and people continue to respond....but when one stupid comment is made it's borderline cyber bullying to keep attacking the op by rephrasing the same snark over and over. 
    Disagree. 
    Everyone has their opportunity to respond, I don't see a problem with that. 
    I also can't stand when people use the term "cyber bullying" on a forum of grown ass women. 
    Agree to disagree. But adults can be cyber bullies too. 
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Also Finding Nemo is a terrible movie and if my kids want to go see Finding Dory I'm making someone else take them.
  • Options
    SweetTSweetT member
    UO: I think we label too many things "bullying" these days. There's a certain thickness of skin that people should have, especially into their adult lives. Not saying that there isn't bullying situations in the world but I think the term is greatly overused. 
    Yup. When I say something dumb in my house or with family I get a good natured teasing and vice verse.  My husband isn't bullying me, it's just how we do things.
    Being disagreed with or getting a snarky response to a ridiculous question is not being bullied. Come on guys. 
  • Options
    SweetT said:
    UO: I think we label too many things "bullying" these days. There's a certain thickness of skin that people should have, especially into their adult lives. Not saying that there isn't bullying situations in the world but I think the term is greatly overused. 
    Yup. When I say something dumb in my house or with family I get a good natured teasing and vice verse.  My husband isn't bullying me, it's just how we do things.
    Being disagreed with or getting a snarky response to a ridiculous question is not being bullied. Come on guys. 
    We have a saying in my family: If you aren't getting teased it means you aren't loved. That being said it's always done in a loving way and I'm in no way in support of bullying regardless of the age of those involved.

I do think that on forums sometimes people ask questions to get their poor ideas validated and when no one does they get all butt hurt. In those cases I say bring on the snark!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    I find it insulting to be expected to keep our house clean when my husband lives in it too and does not have the same expectations placed upon him. I don't work a physical job like him, but I'm still tired after work too. Why is it still too much to ask in this day an age for 50/50 cleaning responsibility? 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
  • Options
    My UO? 

Fuck cloth diapering. 

Yeah I said it. 
    Shrugs- to each their own.  I don't do it for financial reasons and enjoy using them. I have reached the point that disposables smell like chemicals if we use them now and I don't like the smell.  BUT they are work and I get that they aren't for everyone.

• Options
    My UO? 

Fuck cloth diapering. 

Yeah I said it. 
    Shrugs- to each their own.  I don't do it for financial reasons and enjoy using them. I have reached the point that disposables smell like chemicals if we use them now and I don't like the smell.  BUT they are work and I get that they aren't for everyone.
    How do you do them? Do you send them out to get cleaned, or clean them yourself? Do you save money with them? Do your kids go to daycare with them?

• Options
    My UO? 

Fuck cloth diapering. 

Yeah I said it. 
    How do you do them? Do you send them out to get cleaned, or clean them yourself? Do you save money with them? Do your kids go to daycare with them?
    Nvm I see the thread now.

• Options
    @scottipino oh definitely to each their own. Mad props to anyone who does. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    All I have to say is

@Gingersnap is my spirit animal. 
    ::::purrs seductively:::: @MamaCoffin

• Options
    GingersnapGingersnap member
    edited June 2016
    I did all disposables with DD and thought about cloth for next kid. 
    Then I potty trained and couldn't bring myself to wash poop off underwear, so it's probably not for me. 
    I threw poop undies straight in the trash.
    eta: potty trained my DD, just in case you were wondering  
  • Options
    I could not love-tit this any more than I already do.

Most people confuse disagreement with what is actual bullying and it takes away from the seriousness of an actual case of bullying.

Not everyone is going to disagree and just because someone says something that a) hurts your feelings or b) you don't agree with does NOT mean you are being bullied.

Stop.  Just stop.  
    I think the bullying topic could almost be it's own discussion, And I Agree That the words being bullied is sometimes overused and distracts from more serious issues but to me a disagreement can easily turn into bullying when those involved develop a lack of respect. Sometimes being snarky or rude pushes the boundaries in my eyes, just because I feel as adults we should be able to have mature conversations without added flavor just for other people's enjoyment. My mother in law tells me often I'm too sensitive, so I'm sure some of you thicker skinned people are saying CUE THE VIOLINS lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kswiger06 said:
    I could not love-tit this any more than I already do.

Most people confuse disagreement with what is actual bullying and it takes away from the seriousness of an actual case of bullying.

Not everyone is going to disagree and just because someone says something that a) hurts your feelings or b) you don't agree with does NOT mean you are being bullied.

Stop.  Just stop.  
    I think the bullying topic could almost be it's own discussion, And I Agree That the words being bullied is sometimes overused and distracts from more serious issues but to me a disagreement can easily turn into bullying when those involved develop a lack of respect. Sometimes being snarky or rude pushes the boundaries in my eyes, just because I feel as adults we should be able to have mature conversations without added flavor just for other people's enjoyment. My mother in law tells me often I'm too sensitive, so I'm sure some of you thicker skinned people are saying CUE THE VIOLINS lol
    But here's the thing: arguments happen.  Shit gets said in the heat of the moment.  

I'm not saying it's okay when people are rude but it happens and to escalate an argument where mean things were said to a level that is bullying is, in my opinion, dramatic.

DH and I have both said things that we don't mean when we've fought.  It doesn't mean that I feel he bullied me and I wasn't bullying him.  Of course, none of us can make a blanket statement about various situations because they are all different, which is my point.  

A person can't just cry 'bully' when someone disagrees or makes a snarky comment.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    @BumpasaurusRex yes I agree with you each situation is different. It's just easy to get nasty to people you don't actually know, and it's probably easier to be offended or hurt from people you don't actually know, resulting in the false sense of being bullied. But i do think it happens. So far though the conversation regarding bullying to me has been wonderful. I enjoy hearing different views and opinions on where people stand as long as it's civil and mature. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @angeltennis3  I agree with you to an extent.  

There was a recent clip where 2 female sportscasters were read Tweets about themselves by men.  It was shameful how awful and downright mean they were and it was obvious that the men reading the Tweets were uncomfortable saying it in front of the women.

Social media does allow for people to get their voices, thoughts, and opinions to a much larger audience.  Some people take this 'platform' to an extreme, where others remain themselves and snark is purely just snark.

I think it's important to be able to decipher the two but it can be especially difficult in an online forum, where the tone can be misinterpreted.  

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    @MonaLisaRalphio thanks for your comment. To clarify, I did say I think it can be borderline to bullying. I haven't seen anything cross into the full on bullying on this board. 

I also aso did say it's a different situation when the op continues to come back and further instigate the commentary. 

Since I don't know any of the women on here IRL, it would be unfair for me to judge them for their snark and make assumptions on if they would make the same comment in person as they do online. That ultimately is why I don't let it make me think any differently of someone. 

In all reality, i *think* that i am about 90% in agreement with all of the women who have commented on this thread discussing bullying, it's just a matter of that remaining 10% that's purely a difference in personality and outlook on surroundings. 

It it does make me very happy that everyone can have such an open and mature debate over such a topic and agree to disagree. I like a good UO debate. 

July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My boner just grew @MonaLisaRalphio
  • Options
    @angeltennis3 yeah girl I like you.

@gingersnap it's getting kind of hot in here... ;)
  • Options
    This. I hate The Bump. Yes I know I'm here but that is because I'm in love with mt J15 mommy group and The Bump is where it started. I don't get notifications, I can tell if anyone has responded to anything I say. The format sucks. I'm just biding my time until we jump ship. I know lot are worried about privacy, but no matter where you are on the Internet you are not private. Sorry is just not the way things are anymore. And if you're really concerned don't set your profile on public and after you get into the group unfriend the person that put up in. Easy peasy.