TTC after 35

Getting to know you and your partner

As I realize I'm still going to be around for another BSC cycle, I figured maybe a little getting to know you thread might be nice and keep things alive around here.  I think this board is unique because we really don't want to be here, we want to be on the other side of things, but yet we're all still really supportive and positive for each other even if we are hoping that we won't be here for long.

It takes two to TTC, right?  Here are just a few random getting to know you/conversation starters - focused mostly around your relationship with your partner:

1) How long have you been with your partner/known your partner?

2) How did you and your partner meet?

3) What are the three best traits about your partner that made you fall head over heels in love or that you value the most about them?

4) Physically, what are you most attracted to in your partner?

5) What are your favorite activities (other than TTC of course) that you like to do together?

6) Are there interests that your partner has that you really could care less about doing/sharing with them?  Maybe you even do them anyway out of the kindness of your heart? 
Me: 41
Husband: 40
TTC#1 since 9/2014
Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally

Re: Getting to know you and your partner

• KT&JohnKT&John member
    Good idea! I'm here for another round too and I'll play!

1) How long have you been with your partner/known your partner? We will have been together 13 years on June 13 and we have been married for 10.

2) How did you and your partner meet? We met at a group dinner for a mutual friend.

3) What are the three best traits about your partner that made you fall head over heels in love or that you value the most about them? kind to a fault, trustworthy as they come, super smart

4) Physically, what are you most attracted to in your partner? eyes and butt

5) What are your favorite activities (other than TTC of course) that you like to do together? Watch comedy shows/movies. We used to like to bowl but not so much anymore

6) Are there interests that your partner has that you really could care less about doing/sharing with them?  Maybe you even do them anyway out of the kindness of your heart? I go to his GA Tech football games with him, and have for 13 years, despite the fact that I don't care about football and I an a GA Bulldogs fan/grad. :-P
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Great post idea! 

1) How long have you been with your partner/known your partner? 27 months. 

2) How did you and your partner meet? on tinder! He had this ridiculous mustache and Christmas sweater in his profile picture, but he was still good looking! 

3) What are the three best traits about your partner that made you fall head over heels in love or that you value the most about them? he takes his time making decisions. It's the most annoying thing and the best thing about him. He is also honest to a fault. 

4) Physically, what are you most attracted to in your partner? Eyes and arms

5) What are your favorite activities (other than TTC of course) that you like to do together? we go for runs together and have recently gotten into "birding" - or rather bird watching. We also like checking out new restaurants, yum!

6) Are there interests that your partner has that you really could care less about doing/sharing with them?  Maybe you even do them anyway out of the kindness of your heart? I have zero interest in online games. He plays them with his friends if I'm at work or sleeping during the day (after a night shift), but if we are both home and awake he stops playing so we can spend time together. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • jennh75bjennh75b member
    edited May 2016
    @PoeMasque - I can totally relate to the taking his time making decisions - H is like that and it does get annoying, but sometimes it's worth it and it teaches me to be less impulsive.  But he in turn likes how I can make decisions quicker.

1) How long have you been with your partner/known your partner? 6 years together, 1.5 years married 

2) How did you and your partner meet? we met online - craigslist which is crazy I know, but it worked for us! 

3) What are the three best traits about your partner that made you fall head over heels in love or that you value the most about them? he is way more thoughtful than I will ever be; his sense of humor; his loyalty  

4) Physically, what are you most attracted to in your partner? butt, arms, lips

5) What are your favorite activities (other than TTC of course) that you like to do together? we like to go on road trips...just day trips mostly and explore little towns that you would normally just pass by, or just get out and see some beautiful scenery.  we also like trying new restaurants and in general just going out to eat.

6) Are there interests that your partner has that you really could care less about doing/sharing with them?  Maybe you even do them anyway out of the kindness of your heart? H is really into cars, classic/muscle cars mainly, and so he goes to car shows that I always thought only old people went to.  He has several a year that he goes to with his brother/dad, and I have no desire to go to those, but I will go with him to some of the smaller, local ones every now and then.   
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • @KT&John You are a better woman than I am for sacrificing SEC football for GA Tech! Haha, Roll Tide :)

1) How long have you been with your partner/known your partner? We met in 1995 as students at the University of Alabama. We were engaged five months later and married on June 14, 1997. 

2) How did you and your partner meet? My best friend/sorority sisters were dating his two best friends in his fraternity. We ended up at a party together and had on the same Mossimo (!!!) baseball hat. 

3) What are the three best traits about your partner that made you fall head over heels in love or that you value the most about them? He is fiercely loyal, family and friends oriented and we have the same interests. 

4) Physically, what are you most attracted to in your partner? He's so handsome! Those blue eyes and that booty ;)

5) What are your favorite activities (other than TTC of course) that you like to do together? We LOVE sports - Alabama football and Red Sox baseball are our go-tos. We love to travel - we are going to Savannah for the first time next month! 

6) Are there interests that your partner has that you really could care less about doing/sharing with them?  Maybe you even do them anyway out of the kindness of your heart? Honestly, we do all things together. He did make me watch the long version of Apocalypse Now...which had me begging for my own apocalypse! 
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• @Vastra Isn't it though?  :D
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• I love reading these! Such a great idea! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KT&amp;John my condo in ATL used to face into GA Tech stadium so I saw *all* the games, but not from south so no allegiance! ;-)

1) How long have you been with your partner/known your partner? Met January 2011, married October 2014

2) How did you and your partner meet? The old fashioned way-he was my bartender!

3) What are the three best traits about your partner that made you fall head over heels in love or that you value the most about them? Incredibly easygoing, loyal and just that, "you're an amazing person inside and out" quality that I can't really describe. 

4) Physically, what are you most attracted to in your partner? He looks like Cary Elwes in the Princess Bride, what more can I say?

5) What are your favorite activities (other than TTC of course) that you like to do together? We are major homebodies, love sitting on our back porch, watching the planes fly over and chill. 

6) Are there interests that your partner has that you really could care less about doing/sharing with them?  Maybe you even do them anyway out of the kindness of your heart? Yup.....he smokes. About 1/2 pack daily. And I'm a physician assistant. But you can't make someone do (quit) something they aren't ready for. He's been talking about it for some time but there hasn't been a catalyst yet. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease

• 1) How long have you been with your partner/known your partner?  We have known each other for almost 7 years and have been together for 5

We meet at work. We were both working at a psych hospital. He loves telling people we met in a mental institution. 

3) What are the three best traits about your partner that made you fall head over heels in love or that you value the most about them?  The is caring, has a great sense of humor, and accepts me with all my quirks. 

4) Physically, what are you most attracted to in your partner?  He has a great smile. 

5) What are your favorite activities (other than TTC of course) that you like to do together?
    We like to go on walks together and watch movies together. 

6) Are there interests that your partner has that you really could care less about doing/sharing with them?  Maybe you even do them anyway out of the kindness of your heart?  
    He has a bug out bag and is semi prepared for a zombie apocalypse.  
  • What a fun idea! Thanks for thinking of it! 

1) How long have you been with your partner/known your partner?  My DH and I have been together 20 years and married 25 years 

We met by working together

3) What are the three best traits about your partner that made you fall head over heels in love or that you value the most about them?
    He is so funny, and loves hard got his family, he is amazing 

4) Physically, what are you most attracted to in your partner?  I am most attracted to his smile 

We love relax and cuddle together 

He loves to play pool and I could care less about it 

• 1. My fiancé and I have known one another/been together for 4.5 years. We got engaged last September :)

2. We met in a college art class ;)

3. He is hilarious, loving, generous!
    It takes a very special individual to even consider dating let alone marrying an older woman with 4 children! He's nothing short of love.

4. Physically he is my ideal man...I love every part of him! He has a gorgeous smile and warm kind eyes...and his legs....I never realized a man's legs could be so sexy!

5. We love to be side by side, usually touching in some way...since he's been so sick it's been harder to have time to relax together, but we love to draw and paint. We also love trips out to the coast or mt.hood. 

6. I could literally do without any super hero movie..ever..
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• 6. I could literally do without any super hero movie..ever..
    Amen sistah!
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • PattersRNPattersRN member
    edited June 2016
    1. We met in February of 2014, married since July 2015

2. We met on an Internet dating site

3. He's insanely intelligent, he's cute, and he's athletic

4. He's got a cute butt :smile:

5.  We like to explore, eat food, hike, play tennis, play music, read, camp, backpack, snowboard....the list goes on

6.  Video games, I HATE THEM! (As I type this I'm watching him play one).  He also really enjoys working on his car, I've got zero interest in that, but I'm glad I have someone that can change my oil!
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @PattersRN I hear you with the video games!
    luckily, that's been a non-issue the last few months...but when he starts playing them it becomes an obsession!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @PattersRN I hear you with the video games!
    luckily, that's been a non-issue the last few months...but when he starts playing them it becomes an obsession!
    I never saw DH play a video game since I met him.  He has a PS 3, but never touched it. All of a sudden he got an itch about a month or two ago and now he wants to play all the time!  Grrrrr.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1) How long have you been with your partner/known your partner? we've been together and known each other almost 7 years... met in August 2009 started dating in October 2009

we met at work 

He is funny, smart and honest

his eyes

movies, hiking, traveling

going to baseball games- i'm not a sports fan but he enjoys going so I go with him
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • MeliChaChaMeliChaCha member
    edited July 2016
    1) How long have you been with your partner/known your partner?
    We met/ dated since April 2007, got married August 2014. 

Match.com, however the funny piece is that I was only on there helping a friend find somebody (her type is totally not my type). One day I decided to do one search for myself... He was cute, handsome similar interests, and a grasp of basic spelling and grammar, so I sent him a "wink". That was it!

Undoubtedly, his sense of humor, generosity, and sense of loyalty.

Overall, he's very athletic, and that's a draw, as I have always been a theater geek and very much... not.
    Married: 8/23/2014
    DX PCOS: 4/2016 - Metformin 2x daily
    IUI #1: 6/29/2016 - Letrozole CD 3-7, HCG Shot CD 14, Ovidrel CD 15, IUI CD 16 - BFN
    IUI #2: 7/30/2016 - 
     Letrozole CD 4-7 (doubled up CD 4), Ovidrel CD 12, IUI CD 13 
    Me 36 - DH 39

• I decided the TTC after 35 needs some love so I'm replying to some current posts.  

1) How long have you been with your partner/known your partner? A little over 7 years

2) How did you and your partner meet? We met training for a marathon on a charity team. 

3) What are the three best traits about your partner that made you fall head over heels in love or that you value the most about them? He's very funny.  He's crazy smart.  He's a great dancer. 

4) Physically, what are you most attracted to in your partner?  He's tall and his butt is flawless.  

5) What are your favorite activities (other than TTC of course) that you like to do together?  Running and traveling.  

6) Are there interests that your partner has that you really could care less about doing/sharing with them?  Maybe you even do them anyway out of the kindness of your heart?  H loves European death metal.  I'm more top 40. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• artemis618artemis618 member
    edited July 2016
    Since I just got here...thanks for asking (and sharing ;)

1) How long have you been with your partner/known your partner?  It'll be 18 months in three days - met January 2015, married last month/June 2016 (because of our ages at 38 and 41, didn't see any reason to draw things out).

2) How did you and your partner meet?  OKCupid!

3) What are the three best traits about your partner that made you fall head over heels in love or that you value the most about them?  His sense of humor, his intelligence, and his integrity

4) Physically, what are you most attracted to in your partner?  I do like his blue eyes, and he has a pretty cute butt (for someone 6'1 with a 31" waist - kind of lucky he has one at all!)

5) What are your favorite activities (other than TTC of course) that you like to do together?  We enjoy trying new restaurants together, hanging out with friends, going to see movies.  DH got scuba certified in April just so he could dive with me on our honeymoon.

6) Are there interests that your partner has that you really could care less about doing/sharing with them?  Maybe you even do them anyway out of the kindness of your heart?  I have zero interest in marathoning (ran my first 10k last year and I'm good - Still prefer 5ks), I will accompany him golfing but I really have no business being on a course yet, and on our honeymoon I had my first canyoneering experience (rappelling, jumping off of rocks, scooting on my butt beside little waterfalls) outside of Cairns - it was fun, but I don't need to make a regular thing of it. He had season tickets to the opera (which I don't mind) and I to my college football games (our schools are crosstown rivals) - neither of us renewed our season tix this year but we'll still probably get select individual tix.
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers