July 2016 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday

2»

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Options
    @weville, thats my mom too! She was never tired or had any swelling and didn't gain any weight!

@mnkenned, we moved almost 2 weeks ago and I just am so tired after work to even fathom unpacking! I wish you luck and that we will get through this!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today, both me and my husband are the twats. He has been working non-stop since I became pregnant, but it has gotten really bad recently (upwards of 80-100 hours a week) where I feel like we are roommates, I never see him (awake at least).  That leaves me to do all the unpacking, laundry, organizing, bill paying, cable setting up, furniture building, cooking, cleaning as well as working my full-time job and taking care of the dog. I understand having a rainy day fund is important, but I don't think he should really be working this much! He is a police officer and therefore needs to be alert for his job, which makes me worried.

I don't want to nag or be upset with him, but I just love him so much that I just want to do some of the nursery decorating together and for us to spend some "us" time before our little one arrives.
  • Options
    @adough27 Totally the weight too! She had lost it all by the time she left the hospital apparently. I'm going with you were 18, I am 36. My body is different than yours and these stories are not helpful 
  • Options
    Again, my mother is a TW.  Every once in a while I call her looking to chit chat since I don't have a huge amount of friends....but it's really hard to have a conversation with her.  Every time I say something, ANYTHING, she replies with "huh" or "hm" and then nothing. It's like having a conversation with a brick wall. Occasionally she'll throw in a few snide or judgmental comments but that's it. I'm extremely jealous of you folks who have close relationships with their mothers.
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    edited June 2016
    My mother is a TW too. If I could have one simple conversation without her repeating it back to everyone it would be great. A fine example would be, she went out for a few drinks and decided to blab all mine and Bf's business to all her drinking buddies. She knows Bf has been looking for a job and I casually mentioned that there was a possibility of work with a certain person but we were yet to hear back. She goes up to said person while out and starts giving out about how he hasn't gotten back to us yet. She then proceeds to call me to tell me how well she had done by giving out to this man. Embarrassed is not the word. I am so mad but at the same time I am so over doing this time and time again. Why can't people accept privacy? 
    Edited because I hit save to soon! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @randishane011804 thanks! Looks like it was a false alarm. I'm glad it's nothing serious. 
  • Options
    My TW is every person I've come into contact with the last few days asking if I was still pregnant. I see you people at least once a week. And every week I tell you how much further I have to go. Geebus. Leave me alone. Still pregnant. 
  • Options
    That's great @lucy2113!
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    And TW is stupid people with guns. Active shooter this afternoon downtown Denver. WTF world?! We need a better plan for taking the guns away from the stupids. I'm not saying every person, but definitely the stupids.
    As a gun owner, I agree. 
  • Options
    Tw: what the hell body why do you make me randomly puke?! 
  • Options
    @erin7264 I was getting asked on an everyday basis by strangers, co-workers (either 60+ yr old women or middle aged police officers) friends and family members if I'm going to breastfeed.
    I finally snapped and said why does that concern you, unfortunately to my very nice boss, but I'd had enough. It's a stupid fucking question... Yes I'm going to try, I have no idea if I'll be able too, it's actually one of my biggest fears so thank you for reminding me and what I do with my breasts and how I feed my child is none of your fucking business. #alltherage
  • Options
    erin7264 said:
    TW: everyone who thinks it's OK to ask about my vagina, cervix, breasts, or any other body part you would not normally have a conversation about if I was not heavily pregnant. NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! Get some manners! 

God yes this. My family doesn't understand why it's not appropriate to ask if I'm dilated yet. Well folks because my cervix is an extension of my vagina and that's not exactly table talk. 
  • Options
    I'd ask them unless they plan on sticking their finger up there to check to shove it.

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy 

• Options
    I'd ask them unless they plan on sticking their finger up there to check to shove it.
    My in laws had a text thread of my cousins labor updates with random hey she's 5cm now type chatter. I was appalled - add that to my reasons why no one will know that I'm in labor ..., 
  • Options
    @HMcDade1 So many levels of nope 
  • Options
    @PinkLady2015  a friend of mine brought up breastfeeding while we were out to dinner last week. Now, she is notorious for being one of those people who will say/ask anything and we've had a few falling outs over me telling her to mind her own business, so I kind of expected it, but I still find it really irritating. And try explaining that we are planning to pump exclusively even though I'm going to stay home.

We also had the conversation about whether or not I should get an epidural. And its not like this was a girls only dinner, both husbands were included in the conversation. 

I don't go around asking how often you have sex or if you trim your pubic hair, or what size tampon you buy, or how big your/your husband's penis is. I don't care and it's not my business.
  • Options
    Got rear ended today coming home from work....by a coworker. Makes for an awkward situation. Making it more awkward was my boss who witnessed the whole thing. Only thing DH had to say about it was "great, now my car is effed up." No concern at all. Seriously fuck everyone and everything right now. While I exchanged info with the guy who hit me, I decided not to call/wait for police because my work is in a very sketchy part of town (also happened to be a coworker I've never met/seen before) so I didn't want to wait alone.....and it also was pouring down rain at the time. My deductible is so high that the damage is probably less than that anyways. So it will probably all be out of pocket expense. FML.
  • Options
    @rnyland1 hope you are ok! I got rear ended last week. Wtf to third trimester car accidents. As if we don't have enough to stress out about!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    @rnyland1 ugh, hope you are okay! If you got rear ended, it's clearly not your fault so you shouldn't have to pay a deductible? The other guy's insurance should cover all the damages.
  • Options
    @simplymizzj that's true in theory but last time we were in an accident the insurance companies couldn't come to an agreement as to who was at fault (even though accident was clearly caused by the other party, so we ended up never being reimbursed for the deductible. Life is not fair...will try again with the insurance but we shall see...
  • Options
    @rnyland1 ugh, that sucks. Good luck! Hopefully that won't be the case for you this time around. 
  • Options
    setoshsetosh member
    @blissylissy86 I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that! I love the facial expressions I get. Especially from the guys. 
  • Options
    jwittwerjwittwer member
    edited June 2016
    @rnyland1 - I got rear ended twice while pregnant with DD. Best bet is to take it to two different places for quotes, and then call the person's insurance company directly. That way, you can tell them what happened, give that person's contact information, and submit the repair quote to them. 

Edited because I can't word today

July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge