Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check in 6/24

This is a weekly check in for anyone pregnant over 35. If you are new to the board please feel free to jump right in!

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling?

Team Green/blue/pink?

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: If you could magically gift your partner one aspect/thing from your pregnancy so you didn't have to deal with it what would it be? How do you think they would handle it? 

Re: Weekly Check in 6/24

• Loading the player...
  • Oh and a PSA!! For all the nursing bra talk we had a while ago, I found out that I love the playtex nursing bras you can buy on amazon for about $20. The bravado ones definitely provided more support but sometimes I actually want less support for being around the house, little errands and such. They are also a sheer material so if you have shirts that "stick" (I hope you guys understand what I mean by that) these are perfect underneath (the bravado ones only cause more sticking.) For my gymormous boobs (36/38 h/i) I ordered the 2x and 3x and they are big in the boob but the shirt part is still nice and tight, and actually they probably won't fit in the shirt part once I get too big while pregnant, but thats ok because they will fit again when nursing. They are also a little cooler to wear in the summer than the bravado ones as well. I like both bravado and playtex but I wanted to share my new find!!
    Here is a amazon link:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A8LSRLO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • You're soooo close @lillebowski23! So exciting! And so glad you are done with work. Hooray!!!
  • How far along are you? 35 weeks

How are you feeling? Lots of BH contractions and @lillebowski23 my underwear are almost always damp these days. How are we supposed to know if that is sweat, urine or amniotic fluid? Not to mention the discharge. I look forward to the day my nether region is no longer a swamp. Other symptoms include acid reflux, pelvic pain, insomnia, swelling, shortness of breath on the stairs, trouble reaching my feet, trouble getting off the couch, constricting lung pain and slight nausea that sometimes accompanies BH...and generally feeling huge and ready to have this baby.

Team Pink (still no name)

Any baby news? Short appt on Monday. I think I have appts every week after this. And I'm getting at least one more u/s.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I've been feeling movements since 17 weeks, but these days it is so clear that there is a full-size baby wriggling and kicking inside me. This is like a science fiction book.

GTKY: I would have given him the 24/7 nausea from the first trimester. He said since I never actually threw up, I didn't have morning sickness. I want him to feel how wrong he was about that!

@createillumination your pelvic pain is the same as mine and mamafesto's and others. It's not an alignment problem -- just your pelvis loosening and opening in preparation for the baby. It's wicked painful and I sleep on a fluffy blanket because my hips hurt so much when I lay on them at night.

@emsmama15 I also have that pain to the side of my bellybutton. I've had it for months and the skin is a different color there. It hurt more earlier in the pregnancy, so hopefully yours will adjust as well? 
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• @CarrieandRoy--the final weeks of pregnancy are tough! You can do this!!! Also, they say amniotic fluid has a sweet smell. I'll admit to giving things a sniff on more than one occasion last time to make myself feel better that I was not leaking amniotic fluid... Not sure if that helps or just adds to the gross-out factor list of pregnancy issues, but there ya go. ;)
  • @sporty1216 Ha - it definitely adds to the gross-out list, but thanks for the tip! :s
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• I feel like I'm rapidly approaching this point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCwfWGZsbjY
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• I love seeing so many in the 30+ week range! @lillebowski23 I'll be checking back more often looking forward to seeing your good news!
  • @BernieRae since I stopped working things have been pretty quiet on the contraction front.  It's a little frustrating, but I have a feeling that i am going to go as long as the OB will allow. I am going to request that they do something to help me out on Tuesday.
  • @lillebowski23 as much as I want the baby out (and I know 35 weeks is too early), I don't want my dr to try to get things started. I feel like the birth will go smoother if it happens in its own time. I don't want one intervention to lead to another, etc.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• I'm so slack at doing these updates.  I guess no news is good news, right?  Sorry to be so boring.

How far along are you? 26 weeks

How are you feeling?  Pretty good.  Baby is moving around like crazy.

Team Green/blue/pink?  Blue!

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)  No appts until my 28w appt and ultrasound on July 14th.

Rants/Raves/Questions:None that I can think of.  Knowing that I was one of the later pregnancy announcements in this "group" of ladies, I'm getting excited for so many of you all that are so far into the 3rd trimester!

GTKY: If you could magically gift your partner one aspect/thing from your pregnancy so you didn't have to deal with it what would it be? How do you think they would handle it? The lack of being comfortable when sleeping. I'm such a sweetheart.  I miss rolling around and being a burrito when I sleep.  I really miss being on my back and stomach. I think he would handle it so poorly that I'd take it back.