August 2016 Moms

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • I am swelling--its gross and to top it off its more on my left leg and foot, because that's where he likes to be and is creating pressure. I am happy that the bump is as big as it is, because it is supporting the weight of my ridiculous boobs. I ran out of toilet paper last night and used DH's towel because I was too lazy to waddle down the hall (I did throw it in the washer this morning--not a completely terrible person). Also, I have an 11-year-old that has hit this awesome snarky stage (wonder where he got it?) so I have a lot of times where I take a deep breath and walk away from him so this parenting thing is in a forever growing pain stage. When he was a baby, if I spent more than $10 on an outfit or tried to plan it out, it was almost a guarantee that he was going to poop up the back of it within 5 minutes of wearing it--so no I "can't wait to dress this baby up and show him off."

I am crossing my fingers he sleeps more than a few hours at a time.
    I hope that my milk comes in and he will take a bottle when I go back to work.
    I am dreading that he will like the daycare lady more than me, because I have to work and he will be there a lot (work/life) balance is a B.
    I LOVE the real answers and the feedback--so keep those coming!!!!

@Snaps816 girl. After your epic poop story, I have nothing but respect for you and I WISH that I could have that success. In the meantime I will be over here--crossing my fingers I don't develop hemorrhoids from pushing too hard with no success.
  • @Mfuller76 Ha! I had to do the math for someone this week on how pregnancy is not 10 months. 4 weeks does not equal 1 month. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but when people say they are 32 weeks pregnant and 8 months along, I just shake my head. No... you are actually 7 months and a couple days. Math is fun.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Mrsrundell That thread is cracking me up!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @kristynmac I'm blushing over here a bit to think that anyone remembers that poop story!! I guess that will be my claim to fame around here. Unfortunately, ever since I started the iron supplements, I think my toilet-clogging days are over. Now it's my pipes that are backed up. 
  • @kristynmac I think 11 is the magic number for snark and mouthiness. I have an 11 year old dd and she drives me up a wall some days! 
  • @Bookhousegirl Yes!! There was a "cute" period of time but now that I'm almost 31 weeks she's getting stronger and it's so much more pushing. The other night I was laying down and she was pushing in one spot and I actually "pushed" back a little and felt her push against me. Aaahhh! 
  • @Bookhousegirl I was sitting at the doctor the other day and LO was moving like crazy. You could totally see it from the outside and there was a lady across from me staring big time lol. We were not at the OB's office but the Orthopedic surgeon's for my dd. 
  • I've gone back and forth on the snark. After I moved over here from the TTC board I missed the snark big time and I still enjoy reading it on other boards. But after being here I think I prefer not having snark. I've received so much support on this board and I don't feel like I have to read my post 1,000 times before posting it to make sure it won't elicit mean comments or be read the wrong way. I guess I feel more relaxed and feel like I can be myself on this board and I like that.

@Mrsrundell I don't either! I can't drink water unless it's filtered or from a bottle. I get freaked out otherwise.

I'm with all of you in the change of fetal movement. Im so glad I feel it and would panic if I didn't, but the whole limbs poking out really far is also freaky! LO loves to poke the inside of my belly button constantly and I don't like the way that feels.

I don't really have my own UO to contribute.
  • Sorry ladies, but I'm 30 weeks into this board and I stI'll haven't figured out what UO is... part of my lack in participating on here is bc I don't know what everything means, the other part is because I'm on the app and it makes me lazy lol. I can't even look at the threads with pictures because it makes the app crash. Maybe someday I'll go on my real computer and contribute on those boards!
  • nanner26nanner26 member
    edited June 2016
    UO= Unpopular Opinion :) 

Basically post something that many people may not agree with. But, going along with the trend today, most of us usually do agree but sometimes it can spark a conversation/debate. 

I've seen many UO threads get downright brutal.
  • I like a little bit of snark, but I'm really a passive aggressive person. I always think up a witty response and then think, "Mmmm, better not." Plus I'm really not that good at UO- I feel like mine always count as a FFFC, but then when Friday rolls around I can never remember what I wanted to say! Stupid preggo brain.

My REAL UO: I love hospital food. Which is good since I work at a hospital. All the chefs know me and will throw some blueberries or chocolate chips in my pancake. Its pretty nice.
  • Nikkoli98Nikkoli98 member
    edited June 2016
    @Snaps816, I refuse to have a Pinterest log on for just that reason. Sometimes people save stuff for me on a private board, but I agree, just hundreds of things to look at and make myself discontent with my - cooking, home, self, or life. I have a very nice life - but it's certainly looks infererior to me when I compare it to all those perfect pictures. 

I do plan to do maternity photos. My husband isn't at all thrilled, but I LOVE pictures.  It is something we have the luxury of being able to afford without hardship at this point in our lives. But he thinks I want to do them just because "it's what everybody else is doing."

ETA: I also like our board without too much snark for the most part - but there are a few times when I feel people need to be flamed (and it's usually not the regulars.)

• My REAL UO: I love hospital food. Which is good since I work at a hospital. All the chefs know me and will throw some blueberries or chocolate chips in my pancake. Its pretty nice.
    My hospital has really good food!  I didn't appreciate it after I delivered DS but he was hospitalized twice as an infant for a total of about 2 weeks and since I was nursing and he wasn't eating solids I got the guest trays. I'm now dreaming of the food I'm going to order when I'm in with this kid lol
  • @Curls919 Those guys make the BEST breakfast quesadillas. I've already told DH that he will have to get one while we are in the hospital. That might be the one thing I'm looking forward to after coming back to work following my maternity leave.. I get to put all the spicy things that give me heartburn right now into the quesadilla.
  • I actually like the maternity photos. I wasn't going to do them because we can't afford them, but my friend who has been playing around with photography recently told me she wanted to do one for me as my shower gift. I'm definitely taking her up on that offer!
  • @LWC1112 can you explain the math for me? Lol. Whenever someone asks how far along I am I tell them in weeks and then they ask how many months that is. Then I get super confused! Lol
  • @squishy0511 the easiest way for me to think of it is by my delivery day. I'm due on the 24th and that is 9 full months, so tomorrow I will be 7 full months (6/24). Because most months have 30 or 31 days in them, you end up dropping 2 or 3 days each time you use the 4 weeks = 1 month method. One or two months of doing that isn't going to change much, but the further into pregnancy you get, the more it does. For example, by 7 months pregnant that is 14 to 21 days you are leaving out if you just think in terms of 28 days per month (4 weeks). I hope that makes sense!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @LWC1112 gotcha!! But then if you're 7 full months (or have completed 7), aren't you technically in your 8th month or just starting it? I think I'm over complicating it haha. 
  • Hold up. Wait a min. I'm more excited that @bananers liked some of these UO's more than the actual UO's themselves.

Mine? Who am I to say this right but I'll go ahead and say it anyway:

Some people just should NOT reproduce. Case in point below:

• @squishy0511 yes you would just be starting your 8 month. I feel like if I told someone I was 8 months pregnant though they would assume I would be due in July. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @LWC1112 oh yes that does make sense because a lot of people think you have the baby beginning of month 9. Thanks!! :-) 
  • Sure! @squishy0511 everyone thinks about it differently. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @AliKay20 oh my literal shit. I'm totally in agreement with the need for some people to not procreate. 
  • @AliKay20 it is so insane. Sadly there have already been a few hot car deaths in Texas this last week, but this one was really horrible.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I love photography, so I'm all about the maternity shoots.  I also only have head-cut-off pics of my baby bellys, so my maternity shoots are my shot at getting a few good photos of myself pregnant that are frame-worthy.  I also NEED to get a pic of DD kissing my belly.  She does it all the time and I have zero pics of her doing it.  I'm praying that she cooperates at our shoot this weekend!

I do agree on the gender reveal party thing - I think they're so dumb!  Ain't nobody got time for that!

My UO is that I think only tall women should wear maxi dresses.  I've thought this ever since they became a trend years ago.  They just make shorter girls look frumpy and stumpy, yes, even pregnant short girls.  Though, pregnant short girls can get away with it better than non-pregnant short girls.  I think there should be a requirement that you have to be at least 5'8 to wear a maxi dress.  I'm 5'10 and I don't even wear them except for pregnancy because most regular length maternity dresses are waaaaay too short for me.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016