DH: 30
Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
TTC since June 2015 
BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
September Football Siggy

Re: UO- 6.16

• Options
    Lol!! I had an ongoing debate with coworkers about Oxford commas. An entire meeting almost came to a grinding halt one time in a conference room full of Directors, the CEO etc, etc, over Oxford commas in a policy revision we were trying to write
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @slartybartfast if I used an Oxford comma on my papers in college it was marked wrong.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    @Sharkey I see what you're saying about the negativity. FWIW, I think most of the BMB boards (and even TTGP) have the same daily threads, all of which I think are pretty negative. I don't think it's unique to this board.

@slartybartfast I'm with you on the Oxford comma. Misuse of commas in general is one of my triggers.

My UO is I can't stand Carrie Underwood's music. I actually like a lot of country music, just not hers. Her voice is pretty, but her songs bear no relation to who she is and it's so cheesy and dumb. I mean, obviously she doesn't write her own music, but figure out your personality and have your songwriters write songs for you that "go" with who you are. I know damn well you were never a single mom driving through a snowstorm or a battered woman. It drives me bonkers.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    I agree there's a lot of negativity. But we're all here to support one another, right? So that means we're comfortable telling each other our issues, open to advice, and a really supportive group of ladies.

My UO - I don't like Taylor Swift. I know she does a lot of nice things for her fans, but she just comes off as a b*tch to me. I switch radio stations when one of her songs come on. 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @phoenix870509 I 100000000% agree with you about Taylor Swift. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @phoenix870509I feel the same about T. Swift.

• Options
    i love tay tay.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    My UO is I hate lemon-flavored desserts. Particularly lemon cake. My mom got me a lemon cake for graduation once and I'm still bitter. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh thank goodness you were kidding on that last one @Sharkey. I seriously stared at it for ten seconds wondering if I should jokingly-not-jokingly tell you to take a hike, but then I scrolled.

I can't think of any real UO's today. I live in Vegas and think the Strip is the worst? But that's mostly because of the tourists. Sorry. Please don't jaywalk.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    I legitimately support Trump. He might be messed up on somethings, but is straightforward and I don't have to worry about him throwing things under the rug, deleting emails or causing massacres then lying about it.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    TollerToller member
     if its a Lunatic or a Lying Criminal, I'll take the Lunatic.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    TollerToller member
    Yea yea- I regretted it as soon as I hit submit- but there's no going back now.. I'm dying bored here at work. No need to hate.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Toller02 said:
    Yea yea- I regretted it as soon as I hit submit- but there's no going back now.. I'm dying bored here at work. No need to hate.
    There's no hating going on, I don't think. No need to regret it.

Also, I'm bored too. Even though I have tons to do. I just don't want to do it. I think that's more of a FFFC but whatever.

• Options
    Yeah, I love having civil discussions on politics, but a lot of people get very passionate about their politics and that passion gets translated into being uncivil, unfortunately.

My UO is that I hate Southern summers. I know most people love it because school's out, the days are longer, that's when people take their vacations, etc. But, we are in a heat advisory where I live with a heat index of like 113. I don't even have the energy to go outside and get sweaty and gross and hot. Like, the point of summer (for me anyway, I'm a full time student) is to enjoy hanging out with friends and go on vacation and spend time with family and it's too hot to leave my house. Wake me up when summer is over!
  • Options
    @ashleaf2018 I'm with you on the southern summers! Lived in Southern California my whole life. This is our first year in south Texas. We're moving back in August. I really feel like I'm just skipping this summer. I normally love being outside all summer. We eat all our meals outside, I bring my computer outside. Our TV was even mounted so you could see it from outside! This summer I refuse to go outside. It's hot, it's sticky, and I'm eaten alive by bugs in minutes. We thought the cost of living trade off would be worth it. It's not. Rant over :)
  • Options
    LushCLushC member
    Count me in on having zero interest in seeing a political debate on this board. 

@ashleaf2018 I'm right there with you on the disdain for Southern summers. I need a freaking shower just from walking outside to check the mail. It drives me nuts. I want to enjoy the sunshine and all the fun outdoor activities it makes possible not melt in them. 

My UO, I think extended rear-facing should be a law not an option. If more often than not a wearing a seat-belt is the much more safer option so it's a law, then when doesn't that logic apply to rear-facing car seats? 
  • Options
    Extended rear face for how long? 2,3,4? Depending on what your age option is it may not be that unpopular. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @ashleaf2018 I'm with you on the Southern summers. I'm in FL. It's hot, it's humid, it rains every freaking afternoon, the bugs will eat you alive. I step outside to walk my dog at 7:30 and get smacked in the face with humidity. It's gross.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    LushCLushC member
    sourlemon said:
    Extended rear face for how long? 2,3,4? Depending on what your age option is it may not be that unpopular. 
    This is a very good question but you'll have to forgive me for not answering right away. I need to go back and take a glance at some of the research DH and I reviewed before selecting car seats because I'm not sure if age/weight/height would be the best way to quantify it on a broad scale....this is also just me bitching bc one of our friends was just in shock (eyeroll) that we have our poor son STILL rear-facing at the ripe old age of two. "He must be so bored and his legs must be so cramped!" Nope and nope. His current seat rear-faces until 50lbs. and I hope to be able to continue to rear face until we hit that benchmark. I'd love him rear-facing until four but he's very tall for his age so we've had issues with him surpasing height limits on previous car seats.  
  • Options
    Yes, sooooo glad we're away from politics. I'm sorry I fanned that flame!

Re: rear-facing seats, an acquaintance of mine got into a horrendous accident last month. Her daughter is maybe 3? The only reason she survived was because she was still rear-facing, even though she's a little tall for the seat. The pictures from the wreck are terrifying.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    I think rear-facing is definitely one of those things you should do for as long as you can. It has saved so many babies, it doesn't make sense to me not to do it. 

What really irks me more than that though is people who only buckle their toddlers/young children in and don't have a car seat or booster seat for them. I was a small child and had to be in booster seat until I was 8 because of height/weight restrictions, but I know people who don't put their 3 year olds in car seats, they just buckle them in. I was pretty sure there were laws about that, but I could be wrong? I don't care if you're just going across the street, your kid needs a car seat or a booster seat. Sorry, not sorry.
  • Options
    I love the rain! No seriously, I do lol. PNW girl all the way!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ashleaf2018 I'm with you on the Southern summers. I'm in FL. It's hot, it's humid, it rains every freaking afternoon, the bugs will eat you alive. I step outside to walk my dog at 7:30 and get smacked in the face with humidity. It's gross.
    Another Southern summer hater. I'm in Texas and I'm ready for winter. Even September is too hot for me.

• Options
    Send me all your southern heat!! 
  • Options
    @JessCL you can have it! I'll even send you the humidity, free of charge! ;)
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker