February 2017 Moms
Options

Just curious..

2»

Re: Just curious..

• Options
    We have been going through IVF so of course my DF knows.   I've told my best friend.  Other than that we are keeping it low key until we are for sure.  We miscarried in December and my in laws were so distraught.  So we wanna make sure this pregnancy is viable before making an announcement.   I'd like to do something really special for them to tell them. My family isn't around so there won't be an announcement made official.  They can hear through the grapevine.  
    We miscarried in December too and are waiting until we know a bit more about viability to say anything. FX for you...
  • Options
    Just DH, we're only 4 weeks at this point. I plan to tell my parents on Fathers Day and DH's parents around then too. We won't announce publicly until after the 12 week appointment. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just tested about 16 hours ago - I've told DH and the TTCAL group here on the Bump. Tomorrow I'll tell a close friend - but other than medical doctors she's the only one we'll tell in the first trimester unless things start to go sideways and we need support. And the friend only gets to know because she works in my doctor's medical clinic - so she'd find out by Wednesday regardless. We'll tell family and friends in the second trimester at some point - closer family and friends first. Not sure if we'll announce on FB - might wait until well into the second trimester.

@MelSanti - I start a new teaching job in August too - keeping my mouth zipped until they start scheduling classes for the January term - that should be no sooner than September so we'll either be close or out of the first trimester.
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Just DH and we will keep it that way along as possible. I'll probably let people figure it rather than telling. 
  • Options
    DH and our moms. I've told a few close friends too. 
  • Options
    I have told my sister and best friend. We are leaving the country in a week for the whole summer, so I think I will tell my parents before we leave. I just haven't figured out how yet. 

Oh, and I told my whole August15 Bump Facebook group the day I found out
  • Options
    Our parents know, my best friends, some of my coworkers (im a nurse and had to give up certain patients) and my sisters and one of DHs sisters knows. The rest we'll tell after we see the HB. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    VastraVastra member
    Just told my sister (and by extension by BIL since he was right by the phone) and she knows to keep it a secret until I can come home and tell the rest of the family. But that was fun! I sort of slipped it in with other information when she asked how things were. "Oh, the weather's nice, we just mowed the lawn, and I'm 6 weeks pregnant."
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Options
    I told my husband, two best friends, and my previous due date clubs. I just had a loss in April and these are the people I would want for support if things went bad again.
    Rachel, mama to Ava (6), Olivia (4), Nora (2), and baby#4 on the way.

• Options
    Just my husband. I haven't decided when I'll feel safe enough to tell everyone else, but may have to fess up about 10 weeks when we go to Disneyland with my parents. 
  • Options
    **TW M/C mentioned**

We told my parents and DH's parents 2 days before the MC last time which was unfortunate.  But, not they both know we're actively TTC.  Because they know we're trying, I'll probably tell my parents on Father's day (my mom knows when I O'd so she'll be expecting AF or a BFP then anyway).  DH doesn't want to tell his parents until we're through the first trimester, but we never get to see them and we're flying out there in 2 weeks to visit, so I'm trying to convince him to tell them in person, since we probably won't see them in person again for at least 6 months.

Siblings will probably be told on my birthday at about 11 weeks, then everyone else after 13 weeks.  However, if I can wait longer I might.  I don't want to tell work until I'm 16 weeks at least, but we'll see if that works.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    My husband found out the same time I did because well I was sure the test was going to be negative and when it wasn't - I was in shock so I screamed and threw the stick at him!   We plan to tell my parents after our first appointment this Thursday - we are supposed to go visit them this summer in the Caribbean and with zika my hubby wants us to cancel.  We had booked our vacation to stay at the beach for 10 days too.... Sigh...  I'm torn and a little bit heartbroken because he is probably right ...  

My dentist is the only person we've told because I was to have a tooth filled this morning but I bailed on the appointment because my last OB said 2nd trimester for dental work unless urgent and even though the anesthetic is category B and the nurse midwife I spoke to this morning said it's fine -- turns out I'm chicken...

• Options
    My husband found out the same time I did because well I was sure the test was going to be negative and when it wasn't - I was in shock so I screamed and threw the stick at him!   We plan to tell my parents after our first appointment this Thursday - we are supposed to go visit them this summer in the Caribbean and with zika my hubby wants us to cancel.  We had booked our vacation to stay at the beach for 10 days too.... Sigh...  I'm torn and a little bit heartbroken because he is probably right ...  

My dentist is the only person we've told because I was to have a tooth filled this morning but I bailed on the appointment because my last OB said 2nd trimester for dental work unless urgent and even though the anesthetic is category B and the nurse midwife I spoke to this morning said it's fine -- turns out I'm chicken...

I had to tell the dentist the day before I got by BFP because it was time for xrays. Better to be safe than sorry!!
  • Options
    Just my husband and we each told our Best Friends -- thats it for now 

Parents will cause to much drama and excitement we aren't ready for yet as this will be the first grand baby so just enjoying it to ourself till 12 weeks
  • Options
    Just my husband. I don't know when we will tell others. Our older kids always get jokingly mad that we don't tell them immediately. Lol
  • Options

My NP at the OB also told me that it was ok to get some fillings done! I thought I heard that 2nd tri was better. Yikes maybe I'll push it back just to be safe! 
  • Options
    edited June 2016

My NP at the OB also told me that it was ok to get some fillings done! I thought I heard that 2nd tri was better. Yikes maybe I'll push it back just to be safe! 
    The nurse midwife really tried to convince me that in the grand scheme of things it's probably okay.  I just didn't like that it conflicted with the previous advice I had received so I felt a little stuck and decided to do nothing.  She also pointed out that it would be worse if I got an infected tooth as that would require stronger drugs... So she thought the benefit to me and baby outweighed the risk...

Now I am not a medical doctor:  But as a note, I wanted me to share that your dentist has options for the anesthetic - my dentist suggested that he could use one that does not lower blood pressure and is epinephrine free (can a nurse bumpie correct me if I am misremembering this?).  My dentist suggested carbocaine and the nurse midwife said that as far as selections go that would be the best of the options in her opinion.  All this is just an example to say that you could also ask your dentist what specific modifications if any does he make for patients that are pregnant.  The problem is that there isn't usually a host of extensive studies done on the influence of drugs on a bunch of pregnant ladies.  So some are conservative in their recommendation.