December 2016 Moms
Options

Morning Sickness - What are you able to eat?

2»

Re: Morning Sickness - What are you able to eat?

• Options
    beff12beff12 member
    @trackgirl08, yes to the smells. Bless your heart being a preschool teacher...I can't imagine the smells you experience everyday! DD's diapers usually trigger it. I posted in another thread that DH brought home some fried dill pickle potato chips yesterday and they are awesome. However, smelling them on his breath today was enough to make me want to lie down and die. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    beff12 said:
    @trackgirl08, yes to the smells. Bless your heart being a preschool teacher...I can't imagine the smells you experience everyday! DD's diapers usually trigger it. I posted in another thread that DH brought home some fried dill pickle potato chips yesterday and they are awesome. However, smelling them on his breath today was enough to make me want to lie down and die. 
    Yes! DHs breath last night even after he brushed had me breathing into a shirt to cover my nose. And I had to sleep turned away from him. My "morning" sickness has gotten worse. I've had some crying episodes on the bathroom floor already. I've had multiple nights of just 4 hours of sleep from nausea. Several of my coworkers have told me I look tired. So sweet.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second the cracker and ginger ale. I actually have been eating graham crackers and ginger ale, it is my go to snack-not the healthiest but does the trick between meals!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @SaraRose83 I too have had the crying on the bathroom floor moments. Morning sickness is the worst. 

@trackgirl08 I work in an elementary school and oh the smells. I never knew I could smell what was happening INSIDE the classroom by just walking by the door in the hall. Yuck. Wishing you pleasant smells today!

I've said it before but I'm going to share it again - try to get as much protein as you can, in any way. It's the only thing that is keeping me from puking 3 times a day like my first pregnancy.

• Options
    I have discovered pretzels first thing in the morning help...for now. Nothing is consistent. DH is up at 5 most mornings and his secondary alarm is on my iPod at 5:30. I get up to go to the bathroom (story of my life) and go back to sleep. He wakes me up when he leaves around 6:30 to say goodbye, so I munch a few and go back to sleep. My alarm wakes me up at 7:30 so I munch on pretzels until my 7:45 alarm goes off. This worked yesterday and so far today. Fingers crossed it sticks.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    beff12beff12 member
    I have been feeling the most sick in the evenings and have found that popsicles taste really good and the cold helps me feel better. For those who have morning sickness in the actual morning, the rules of pregnancy declare you can eat whatever you want whenever you want it. Popsicles for breakfast!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    @kd1986 I was just coming to suggest jolly ranchers! With my first pregnancy I was sick all nine months and jolly ranchers were a staple. They helped sooth my nausea for a bit and helped mask any icky tastes in my mouth (I couldn't stand the aftertaste of garlic or onions).

my nausea just ramped up between yesterday and today which is about when it started with my daughter (I'm about 6wks I think-- haven't had my first appt yet, though). 
    It's such a catch 22 because I'm insatiably starving but want to barf everywhere. Fountain drinks help a bunch, too... Just not always the most convenient option. 
  • Options
    CannypCannyp member
    Last night I was able to eat some store bought rotisserie chicken, plain sweet potato, and pan sautéed asparagus with a little salt and pepper.  The sweet potato actually tasted great and I didn't feel sick after. I felt a little yuck from the smell of things when I went to heat up the chicken but this was a meal that seemed calm enough for me.  Also tangy fruits like green apples seem to do well. I wanted to eat strawberries after dinner but the just purchased berries had a pile of mold in the middle. So upsetting!!!
  • Options
    With my first DD I survived on baked potatoes. My second, sea bands were my only help. This one is somehow surviving on mint gum. The intake nurse at my OB's office recommended b-natal candy but I haven't tried them.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Nausea started last night right before bed and hasn't left. I can eat and it makes me feel better and then I feel shitty. NO actual vomiting. I will take it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I just housed a bacon egg and cheese biscuit from McDs.... I want 10 more. Send help. 
  • Options
    hahahaahha @Christinaruth74 I might of had big mac, large fry, cheeseburger and 2 cookies last night! I definitely could of killed another cheeseburger. lol...I think my help would just bring you more McDs and we could eat together.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @MichaelSC28 that's the only kind of help I want ❤️
  • Options
    Mmmmm, I like their sausage egg and cheese biscuits. But then I discovered the amazingness that is Wawa Sizzlies, and their sausage, egg and cheese biscuit sizzlies are twice the size of the McDonald's ones.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @phoenix870509 say whaaaa. We don't have wawas around here... Wah. 
  • Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    I bought sea bands tonight, and knock on wood, but they seem to be helping!
  • Options
    Mmmmm, I like their sausage egg and cheese biscuits. But then I discovered the amazingness that is Wawa Sizzlies, and their sausage, egg and cheese biscuit sizzlies are twice the size of the McDonald's ones.
    Sheetz for lyfe
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    JEM525JEM525 member
    I'm at 10weeks and morning sickness is at full force! My DH's family have been so supportive this week. Taking DS in the morning and offering to make dinner for DH and DS while I hang out close to the bathroom catching up on Netflix. I'm having trouble with carb over load. The only thing that settles my stomach is toast, crackers, anything bread like. I need some suggestions, anyone taking anything over the counter or prescribed by your Dr. or Home remedies? I can't do this until December my family is wonderful but I'm missing out on a lot by staying home sick. 
  • Options
    @JEM525 I tried all the home remedies and OTC, nothing helped. Doc gave me Zofran, but it stopped working after 3 weeks or so. Now I'm on Promethazene and it is helping tremendously. I'm almost 13 weeks, so hopefully it will go away soon, but I was miserable before the Promethazene.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    I didn't have it severe enough that I felt I needed stronger meds than B6 and Unisom, but ice cold water through a straw with very small sips always seemed to take the edge off a bit. Weeks 9 and 10 were the worst for me. It tapered at 11, and now at 12 weeks I feel fine 95% of the time, so there's hope. But I know how hard it is to look ahead.
  • Options
    If you are what you eat, then I am a hard boiled egg with string cheese arms and legs.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    If you are what you eat, then I am a hard boiled egg with string cheese arms and legs.
    I love string cheese..I mean loved. Since I'm pregnant,  replusive!!!!!!!! But don't worry, I may vomit 8482056 times a day, but my baby wants jalapeños. Craving. Jalapeños. Whyyyyyy? My baby will be born with a sombrero.
  • Options
    I've been taking 100mgs of B6 a day and when it's really bad, drinking lemon ginger tea. The thought of drinking the tea doesn't appeal to me at all, but it really has helped to soothe some of the nausea. And jolly ranchers. 
    I hope it does down for you and you can start feeling human again, @JEM525 !