December 2016 Moms
Options

Morning Sickness - What are you able to eat?

I'm strugglin. I want to eat nothing. But that's not an option because I'm a carbon-based life form.

So far I've found rice chex and boiled potatoes with salt. What are you able to get down?

imageimage
Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: Morning Sickness - What are you able to eat?

• Options
    I'm constantly nauseous but not throwing up (never did with DS either). Today I realized Triscuits seem to calm the nausea.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    Same as @cjt121413 constant nausea and no puking, same as with ds. I force myself to eat since most foods don't sound good. Lots of cereals, pasta, apple cinnamon sticks from trader joes, pizza is ok, pudding, jello, and all the sweets. Ice cream, cookies, all the things I shouldn't eat. I've been drinking a ton of sparkling water and ginger ale and that helps a ton. You can also try ginger altoids to help with the nausea.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm currently having all day nausea off and on despite the diclegis.  Like others, nothing is very appealing.  For me, saltines help settle my stomach snack wise.  Otherwise, the most appealing options for me are pasta, baguettes/bread with cheese, and bagels with cream cheese.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
     When I'm nauseous I usually make myself eat something, even if I don't feel like it. Things that I've been able to tolerate lately are fruits (all kinds, but particularly pineapple, raspberries, and watermelon) and yogurt. I can also do broth-based soups or tomato soup. I found that I can eat more at night, which is when I usually gravitate towards all the carbs, like pasta. :smiley: 

I also have been trying the Preggie Pops for relief when I'm out because I'm terrified of puking in public (like when I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning lol)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    edited April 2016
    With DD all I could eat was pretzels. I think I ate pretzels (and small bites of other foods here and there) for about two months. Jolly ranchers were good and Sea Bands calmed my stomach enough that I moved to eating pizza all the time. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    I have the added challenge of having celiacs and many of the gf options have a weird flavor to them (when I'm pregnant) - I'm not sure how I forgot about fizzy drinks tho!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Ooh, @beff12 I forgot about jolly ranchers. My office neighbor has the sour ones in her office and they're so good.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Give me all of the celery and watermelon! I craved these 2 things with my first 2, girls. Cold, fresh foods are all I can tolerate from 12-7. I'll crush a meatball sandwich before bed though lol 
  • Options
    I have the added challenge of having celiacs and many of the gf options have a weird flavor to them (when I'm pregnant) - I'm not sure how I forgot about fizzy drinks tho!
    Slarty, I have celiac too! I'm a brown rice fanatic when I'm pregnant. That's the only carb I can stomach. I need cold, fresh foods! 
  • Options
    Bagels are my fave this week. Also, juicy red grapes and COLD apple slices.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've been always able to tolerate smoothies, La Croix sparkling water (love coconut), and triscuits.
  • Options
    Jolly ranchers and pretzels got me through first tri of my first pregnancy.  Luckily no sickness has hit me yet this time.
  • Options
    jptrumptonejptrumptone member
    edited April 2016
    Slarty, I have celiac too! I'm a brown rice fanatic when I'm pregnant. That's the only carb I can stomach. I need cold, fresh foods! 
    I don't have celiac, but I'm pretty allergic to wheat so I generally eat gluten-free.  I'm all over corn chips right now, and multi-grain cheerios!  Wish I could eat good old fashioned saltines!

ETA: This lemon ginger tea I'm drinking right now seems to be settling my stomach right now!
    EQD born 12/15!

• Options
    If I don't put some kind of carb in me first thing in the morning things don't end well. So Rice Krispies or Cheerios for breakfast. Still getting used to eating cereal again, so I throw in a banana because I'm obsessed. 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    So this is just me but I now have a routine to help with this. I've been throwing up now for the past 2-3 weeks every other day. When I wake up I keep something dry to eat by my bed. Either dry Honey Nut Cheerios or an unfrosted pop tart or nilla wafers. I lay in bed and slowly eat that. Then I lay in bed for another 20 minutes and get up. Eating as soon as I wake up makes a huge difference. I have a good aversion to a lot of stuff. Like eggs, meat, spicy food (things that I normally love). So I normally eat dry food through out the day. Even if im
    not hungry (which I never am) I eat. My doctor said as long as I don't lose weight it's normal. 
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Options
    nothing is terribly unappealing, especially after the first bite, but I keep throwing up.  how much is too much?  I've been vomiting 1-2 times per day since last Thursday. I'm trying so hard to stay hydrated, and mornings are actually not too bad, I can even tolerate a cup of coffee.  but the nausea hits hard around 3pm and continues until bedtime.  I went out and bought some pyridoxine and doxylamine, going to give that a try along with the seabands and ginger gum.  i'm not sure if my ob will prescribe diclegis in advance of my first appointment.
  • Options
    Carbs are easier for me, and for some reason cheese.  Lots of pizza, bread, bagels, grilled cheese, mac n cheese, crackers.  I also seem to be doing ok with fruit (apples, peaches, bananas, oranges).  Veggies are hard unless it's cooked broccoli.  Protein is tasteless and I feel like I'm chewing sawdust.  The things that I can eat I'm starting to become tired with, and don't want to eat anymore (please, no more saltines).
  • Options
    Dole fruit smoothies have been my go to the last 5 days.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thinly sliced cucumbers and apples Is my go to. With my first I ate so many saltines I never want to see one again! 
  • Options
    I'm on that cold, fresh food train whenever I have nausea. Bananas and grapes help a lot, and for full meals I'll usually have a salad. Also for whatever reason I really like cottage cheese when I'm not feeling well, I think just because it tends to go well with fresh fruit.
  • Options
    Hot liquid food. I am relying on soups when my nausea is at its worst. It makes my stomach feel so much better.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Options
    My all day sickness is getting so bad! I'm also on the carb train. I add in beans, hummus and cheese for protein. Granny Smith apples, orange juice, bagels and cream cheese, rice, pasta and potatoes are my staples. My sis had a lot of Jamba Juice during her pregnancy and I might start doing that for lunch just to feel healthy. Right now the texture of salad makes me gag even though I keep craving it and trying to eat one. But I need fruit and veggies and I'm feeling guilty. I also heard rice and beans are a good option. I'm traveling right now though and my in laws I'm visiting keep taking me to spicy restaurants and I've gotten sick twice this week from all the spice. I'm about ready to eat broth and noodles for a week. I used to love Mexican food and now I can't even think about it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am on Zofran round the clock because if I don't nothing stays down not even water. I am also on a medication for hypothyroidism that has to be taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and no eating for an hour. If I follow the rules I puke after 10 minutes and then several more times that day and feel like crap the while day. So I eat 3 mini pretzels before taking the pill, wait half an hour and get something heavier on my stomach.  For me it's not about what I eat but about how much I eat. I have to eat every 2 hours or I will puke. (But I can't tolerate sweets. The smell of chocolate made me barf the other day.)
  • Options
    Same here with the nauseous feeling all day but no vomiting. I did throw up yesterday after I ate an onion ring, which is disappointing since I love onion rings :(
    saltines help, as well as peanut butter on toast. I've been eating those cutie oranges and apples as snacks at work, and that seems to be going well. Cheerios for breakfast has been mostly successful for me.

I just feel at a loss for dinner, nothing sounds good to eat and when I do it it's very small amounts at a time. Any advice for dinners I can eat over a few hours?
  • Options
    I've been having all day nausea too and I'm just forcing myself to eat in small amounts.  Lemonade and crackers seem to keep me from vomiting.
  • Options
    So many unsalted saltines. Not helpful re gluten, though. 
    Me 37, DH 34
    Married 8/8/09
    Surprise BFP 4/17/16; MC 5/13/16 at 7w2d
  • Options
    Ive also got the nausea all day with no vomiting. It seems to be a balance of not letting my self get too hungry, as it gets worse around meal times. So far I can eat anything, it's just hard to force myself to eat when I'm in the middle of feeling awful. 
  • Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    edited April 2016
    Well, at almost 7 weeks, I have been brought down by the Sickness.

Woke up feeling fine, then later DH and I had lunch...Bacon Turkey Club. I ate half of it and afterwards DH was like, "How are you feeling?" I was all like, "Oh I'm feeling great!" And then proceeded to violently vomit in front of children, senior citizens, pets, and horrified passersby. I'm actually quite impressed with myself.

So now I'm home, laying on the couch while DH goes and gets some Altoids and ginger ale. Popped a Zofran and I hope that helps. Damn you, Sickness, damn you to HECK!
  • Options
    I'm blaming my sickness on DH. He had good intentions, but he made me a kale smoothie with Greek yogurt, bananas and blueberries. Sounds good, right? Except the banana wasn't ripe. The whole smoothie tasted like an unripe banana. Since then I've felt awful. I can't even eat mashed potatoes. Who can't eat mashed potatoes?? Guess I'll just live off of hard candy :( 
  • Options
    i'm finding soups to be tolerable now. and pretty much everything is three bites in, i'm done.  I haven't barfed yet today so i'm feeling pretty accomplished.
  • Options
    Peanut butter toast for me, when I'm feeling bad in the morning!
  • Options
    For me it seems to be changing by the day. We have spent a crap ton on groceries, let me just say, to keep up with the minute by minute changes.  
    I start every morning with dry Honey Nut Cheerios, like some of y'all here. I keep a ziploc bag on my bedside table ready to munch before I even try to attempt to get up.
    I try to focus on small meals every couple of hours throughout the day - almond or peanut butter toast, scrambled eggs if I can handle them at the time (hit or miss),  fruit has been my go-to most days (cantaloupe, bananas, peaches, pears, strawberries, blueberries), rice cakes, cottage cheese with fruit and crackers, tomato/mayo/salt and pepper sandwiches, pickles (how cliche!), Lara bars (comprised of nuts and fruits), oatmeal with some coconut sugar or maple syrup, I've made pancakes from scratch a few times and those rocked, French fries are a big desire and so are potato chips (I buy the kind made with avocado oil & they really hit the spot)...basically anything but meat (blech!) and veggies are not my fave (although I can handle a crisp romaine and spinach salad on some days). I've managed to (somewhat) battle nausea using preggie pop drops, lemon water or Chick Fil A lemonade, ginger gum, a ginger mint aromatherapy spray, cinnamon-flavored hard candy, and laying my head down if it gets to be too much. I even tried the Seabands pressure point wrist bands this week but no clue if they actually helped.

THIS WAS LONG - as is this first trimester :p  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My Dr said to try small protein snacks. I usually try to take a couple sips of a protein shake first thing in the morning, or eat a string cheese. DH tries to leave it on my nightstand but DS usually gets to it first... Otherwise carrots and hummus, apples... Everything sounds bad!
  • Options
    I've been always able to tolerate smoothies, La Croix sparkling water (love coconut), and triscuits.
    Currently drinking a la croiz cran-raspberry. I had no idea there was coconut. I'll have to find that next time.

Dry cereal since I determined dairy is what makes me most nauseous. I crushed half a box of Cocoa Puffs in less than 24 hours this weekend.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    trackgirl08trackgirl08 member
    edited May 2016
    I either go from being super hungry or feeling nauseated. I found that eating crackers throughout the day helps and sipping on ginger ale. It's hard to do because I am a preschool teacher, but my co-teacher bought me ginger candies from Trader Joe's, and they are awesome! Anyone having bad reactions to smells that trigger nausea? My husband made chicken patties this afternoon, and normally I don't mind it, but I had to go outside!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    PB and bread! The one thing i normally hate to eat but the only thing that's AMAZING right now! 
  • Options
    Gum. That's just about it. Last night sticky rice sounded good, so I started soaking it. This morning it still sounded good, so I quickly steamed it and ate some. I was even in the mood for seaweed. Now....I am so grossed out by my burps...
    waaaaah. 

Emma & Amelia <3
  • Options
    FitTrisFitTris member
    A big challenge for me is that I take Synthroid in the AM and then am not supposed to eat for 45ish min after taking it.  It's hard.  It  makes it worse! Morning and night are terrible for me, but I usually force down dry toast, dry cereal and try to get at least 1/2 cup coffee down (i've had headaches from lack of coffee, but it makes me nauseous).  I discovered that I can stomach turkey sandwiches, so I toast them in the oven & go for it.  It might be my only substantial food of the day. 
  • Options
    @FitTris - I also take Synthroid but usually take it an hour before I get up.  I keep my daily dose and a glass of water next to my bed and usually end up naturally waking up at some point between an hour and an hour and a half before I get up so I take it then and go back to sleep.