December 2016 Moms
Options

FTM- Advice on Buying Maternity Clothes?

2»

Re: FTM- Advice on Buying Maternity Clothes?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    dmontgo said:
    @slartybartfast This is going to sound like a vain question, but do you think I would be cute in a two piece at 11 weeks? Or just look puffy? Haha
    Haha this is a cute question. I'd say cute but I guess it depends on how you feel. For instance, when I'm pregnant and miserable (week 5-40), I feel like the world can just be grateful I've got anything on at all.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    @slartybartfast @MamaWino  Thank you for answering my silly question. I'm still trying to figure my body out and sometimes I feel self-conscious...but I figure now would be a good time to show off the bump!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dmontgo said:
    @slartybartfast @MamaWino  Thank you for answering my silly question. I'm still trying to figure my body out and sometimes I feel self-conscious...but I figure now would be a good time to show off the bump!
    A benefit of being a STM. I was actually just talking about this is DH today. The body changes were a lot to adjust to and deal with for me last time. I'm usually super athletic and fitness is a big part of who I am. The changes are still not fun but this time around I don't feel like I'm having to work as hard to cope. I'm over it. I'll get it back... later. Much much later. But I will!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    dmontgo said:
    A benefit of being a STM. I was actually just talking about this is DH today. The body changes were a lot to adjust to and deal with for me last time. I'm usually super athletic and fitness is a big part of who I am. The changes are still not fun but this time around I don't feel like I'm having to work as hard to cope. I'm over it. I'll get it back... later. Much much later. But I will!
    I so agree with this.  I was in phenomenal shape when I got pregnant with my first and had a really hard time adjusting to my expanding waistline.  It didn't help that due to a benign heart condition I wasn't allowed to work out while pregnant.  Then I got pregnant with my second only 7 months post partum, before I completely got my body back.  This time I just don't care.  This kid is my last so I'm enjoying the cravings and not worrying about my body.  I enjoy fitness and fashion so I'm motivated to get back to where I want to be.  Later.  There's time :)
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    @slartybartfast I am struggling with the same thing. I'm not perfect but I really put a lot of effort into working out and taking care of my body, especially after an awful collegiate sports injury. I had to work back to being an athlete and even though I know these changes are for the baby, sometimes they are hard to swallow. I know I will bounce back again, it's just going to take time. Thank you for commiserating with me; it helps!
  • Options
    ea301ea301 member
    FWIW, i just checked Target Maternity online and they're having a 30% off sale for Memorial Day. Thanks everyone for these recs, i really needed some advice before i started buying new clothes! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I did really well with my first pregnancy shopping at Kohls. Always had sales and coupons, and they carry plus size. I mostly shopping online.
  • Options
    I walked into motherhood Maternity (they also have it online) and its an extra 40% off the sale items!! So worth it, plus shorts were BOGO as well as leggings. Not bad at all! 
  • Options
    Got my first few maternity shits in the mail yesterday I ordered from Zulily. They were huge! I'm only 5 feet and all the rouching on the sides was all the way down my hips/upper thighs! The shirts were so long you couldn't even tell I as wearing short anymore. Haha. Any other short mamas out there have this problem? Will it fit better as I get bigger?
  • Options
    kbdukekbduke member
    edited June 2016
    I would recommend trying everything on before you buy it. Our bodies are changing so freaking rapidly. I bought three new maxi dresses (non-maternity) last week in a size up from what I normally wear. They looked like they would fit loose. Well, they're too small and I already washed them so I can't return them.
  • Options

Super late to the party here.  I personally found that I needed to go with what was best for my body type.  I am short and pear shaped (aka i have big butt/hips).  I could not wear the little strip of fabric that was supposed to allow me to wear my regular pants longer.  It just rolled up on my hips, looked awful, and I was constantly trying to readjust it.  I also had to have the maternity pants with the full panel.  

Also, due to my job (I am an attorney), I had to have professional maternity clothes so I unfortunately had to spend a little bit more at Motherhood, Stitch Fix, etc.  I found that the clothes from Old Navy, etc. were great for my casual summer attire, but couldn't pass at work.  I was not someone that was fortunate enough to be able to wear my regular clothes for the majority of my pregnancy (other than my work jackets).