Baby Names
Options

Do these names flow well?

Hello everyone!
My husband and I have been talking about trying for our second soon. We have a daughter whose name is Alibelle Jacqulyn (variations/names in honor of family members).
For a boy, we are thinking Hunter Michael or Hunter Jackson (set on Hunter for first name).
For a girl, we want to do a variation of his mothers name which is Elizabeth, we like Eliza. We are not picky about if that name would be first or middle. I've been having a difficult time thinking of another name that I like to go with it until I saw Aspen on a previous post. I'm thinking Aspen Eliza sounds pretty, and I think Aspen would go well with Alibelle.
What do you think? Open to suggestions on middle name for Hunter and/or a name to go with Eliza, first or middle.
Thank you all in advance.

Re: Do these names flow well?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    sacrazysacrazy member
    bbiutmcph said:
    I really dislike Aspen.  I guess it would  be ok in the middle.  Eliza is awesome.  Aspen sounds like Ass Pin and then it makes me think the person using it thinks it sounds all cool like Aspen Colorado and in general most place names do  not present well.  Hunter is nms but I much prefer it with Michael.  Jackson is beyond overdone.

I thought more like Aspen trees vs. Aspen CO. I'm actually from CO and you make a good point about the association of the place, people there can be kind of pretentious. I wouldn't want her to deal with that.
  • Options
    I love Hunter Michael. I'm not a fan of Aspen as a first name, maybe a middle name? Eliza Aspen?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What about Astrid? 

I like Hunter and Eliza. 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Love Eliza. 

Hunter is nms but I prefer Michael in the MN spot. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm personally in the minority and prefer Hunter Jackson over Hunter Michael, but I do agree that Jackson is becoming very overused. Some other suggestions:

Hunter Owen
    Hunter Atlas
    Hunter James
    Hunter Augustine

As for girls, I love Eliza! Don't mind Aspen, but other suggestions if you like trees/nature are Hazel, Laurel, Juniper, Tansy, and Fern. Other suggestions are:

Eliza Astrid
    Eliza Ingrid
    Eliza Jane
    Eliza Margaret
    Eliza Wren
  • Options
    Vivi20Vivi20 member
    I don't like Aspen. BUT if you really like it (which is all that matters), then what about Elizabeth Aspen?
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    sacrazysacrazy member
    edited May 2016

As for girls, I love Eliza! Don't mind Aspen, but other suggestions if you like trees/nature are Hazel, Laurel, Juniper, Tansy, and Fern. 
    DH vetoed Aspen anyway, but I think I sold him on Eliza Juniper. He loves the smell of Juniper. Thanks!

edited for tense
  • Options
    hunter michael
    i wish the name jackson would just go away forever!
  • Options
    Eliza Juniper is so pretty!
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • Options
    Glad to help @sacrazy!
  • Options
    I love Eliza Juniper!
  • Options
    Scarlett830Scarlett830 member
    edited May 2016
    ETA: Somehow double posted?
  • Options
    mindaamindaa member
    I had a relative who was Elizabeth Margaret and went by Lizzie Maggie. Also an Elizabeth Anne who goes by LizAnn.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    I like Hunter Michael best. Another option for honoring an Elizabeth might be Elise. It seems to fit nicely as a middle name for several of the other suggestions, like Juniper Elise. 

Ideas:
    Eliza Jane
    Eliza Claire
    Eliza Quinn
    Eliza Blair
    Adeline Elise

I'm not a fan of Aspen or Astrid. Kids only hear a$$ when those names are said since it is at the beginning of the name. Sometimes it goes as far as kids at school refusing to call a child Aspen or Astrid for fear of getting in trouble for saying a bad word (I'm speaking from experience as a teacher.)
  • Options
    hey&june said:
    I like Hunter Michael best. Another option for honoring an Elizabeth might be Elise. It seems to fit nicely as a middle name for several of the other suggestions, like Juniper Elise. 

Ideas:
    Eliza Jane
    Eliza Claire
    Eliza Quinn
    Eliza Blair
    Adeline Elise

I'm not a fan of Aspen or Astrid. Kids only hear a$$ when those names are said since it is at the beginning of the name. Sometimes it goes as far as kids at school refusing to call a child Aspen or Astrid for fear of getting in trouble for saying a bad word (I'm speaking from experience as a teacher.)
    Elise is my SIL's middle name, which would be fine, but it is also my bosses name and I'm not sure I want her assuming the naming would be because of her.
    I'm not big on Astrid, either. Also, knowing Aspen could cause so many issues, it has been taken off the table.
  • Options
    I like Hunter Michael better than Hunter Jackson. I like having a more traditional middle name especially with the trendier Hunter as a first name. For the girls names, I like Eliza a lot as a first name. Eliza Jane is really cute. Juniper is not my style, but does flow ok. 
  • Options
    Hunter and Michael are both two-syllable names with the stress on the first syllable (HUN-ter MI-chael), and that tends to be a bit choppy. Have you considered a shorter boy name as a middle name? Hunter James, Michael Dean... I love Aspen and Eliza but think it might flow better the other way - Eliza Aspen (and you could still call her Aspen). Good luck, mama! :)