December 2016 Moms
Options

People asking if you're pregnant?

2»

Re: People asking if you're pregnant?

• Options
    EVERYONE keeps commenting on how slow I am walking. It's because I'm trying not to puke but rather than say anything (for fear that opening my mouth will unleash the contents of my stomach), I just smile and laugh. Which is awkward. Or if I can respond I say my ankle hurts.

I'm nervous. We go to my parents for brunch on Monday. I will set off alarm bells. I think we will come armed with a story that I am recovering from food poisoning. I am just not ready to tell them til we have our 12 week ultrasound.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    I got called out at work by a coworker I don't like. I didn't respond. Another coworker asked because his wife is about 2 months ahead of me and he noticed how tired I was. My principal saw flowers on my desk from my husband and just flat out asked me. How the heck do you respond no to that! And then 4 students who know me and we're noticing little things asked. They were super sweet about it and then never said anything after. It really is hard to get called out though, especially if you aren't ready to say anything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    R0824HR0824H member
    The pathologists in the lab I work at found out yesterday and when I had to stop in to check on some alarming equipment I was in my normal fitted clothes. They looked at me and said "oh my god you're so big!!" And "you're only 13 weeks? No that's big for 13 weeks are you sure there's not twins?" Umm thanks for basically calling me fat??? I just laughed and said I was pretty sure it's just gas but was a little shocked that I guess I look that big lol
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I hate when it also gets accompanied with the belly grab. I was 7 weeks and everyone knew I was pregnant from all the vomiting but this one girl comes at me gushing that I am showing already. (No I wasnt. I had been trying to lose weight prior to conception and still had a little belly) I called her out in front of an older matronly woman. Told her that it was innapropriate and that she had just called me fat. I got a nod of approval from the older lady and this girl ran off.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I run an events company/magazine where I live and everyone noticed quickly that they hardly ever saw me out. (Was going out several nights a week to monitor or run events, but when the nausea and fatigue set in that went to almost zero.) Then they noticed that I was never having alcohol and I was avoiding them when they smoked. (Where we live you can smoke like a chimney and no one cares.) People started figuring it out. If they asked, I told them the truth, but I'm not really volunteering the information yet. We'll be at 12 weeks and get the next ultrasound in a few days and then we'll just make a big FB announcement and get it out of the way. Luckily, for those who do know, they've been very respectful and encouraging, so that's something to look forward to.