October 2016 Moms

PGAL check in 5/30

1. How far along are you?

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to?

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food?

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
BFP #3 11/2015, CP
BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

Re: PGAL check in 5/30

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? 20w4d

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? feeling the baby move clearly and regularly

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I felt baby move quite a bit and then baby settled down about two days before my anatomy scan. The scan showed baby was fine, but I haven't been feeling baby much or as clearly, so it's a disappointing regression.

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food? It's not a preference so much as a tolerance, but I cannot handle any kind of heat from peppers, etc. People taste it and tell me it's not that hot, but no, if it's hot at all I can't eat it.

• 1. How far along are you? 21 weeks today

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? still viability day. 3 more weeks!

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: My back hurts from all the house projects we've been doing lately.

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food? Mushrooms. Blech. They tasted like mushy, slimy grossness.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• 1. 19.4
    2. anatomy scan FINALLY on the 9th
    3. it's hot and humid and im cranky. 
    4. right now? chicken steak and any meat which requires a lot of chewing. yuck. 
  • WHAT? no. pizza is heaven. 
  • SERIOUSLY!? HOW CAN SOMEONE HATE PIZZA?
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • I'll take all the pizza for you!
  • You can have it @UponAStar16

I don't hate ALL pizza.  Just most overly commercial/American style pizza

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • 1. How far along are you? 21+4

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? Viability day...3 more weeks!

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Feeling LO move more regularly!!! I can't wait for DH to be able to feel it. Can't really do much more with the nursery until after my shower - I wish it would hurry up and get here already. 

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food? Right now, leftover chicken. Normally I love leftovers but I have had a major pregnancy aversion to most leftover foods...especially chicken. 
  • 1. How far along are you? 20w1d

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? Anatomy scan in 9 days!

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm definitely feeling worn out this pregnancy, more so than with my others. I've definitely noticed that I need to listen to my body and slow down or sit when I need to. It's tough because I just want to keep moving! 

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food? Mushrooms are the worst. The other thing I can't stand now, that I didn't used to mind, is raw onions. Sautéed (or fried) are great. The taste is so strong raw. 
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • UFJenUFJen member
    How far along are you? 19w5d

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? AS on Monday 6/6 and just hitting the half way point!

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Like a lot of us seeing a loss at the point has me a little freaked out. I've been feeling what I think are movements almost daily, but the worry is still there especially when I'm close to an appointment. 

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food? Not a big seafood person, especially now the smell tends to turn my stomach! 
  • 1. How far along are you? 20w1d  HALFWAY!!

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to?  Hopefully passing the GD test with flying colors... and hitting viability!

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  LOVE feeling the munchkin move around now!  Can't wait until the hubs can feel it!  Definitely provides just that extra bit of reassurance each day that all is well...

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food? In keeping with last week's answer, Peanut Butter!  I try it once a year in hopes I'll like it now that I'm older, but I never do. From what I hear I'm missing out on SO much PB fun. :(  I also HATE peas.  Blech.
  • 1. How far along are you? 20w1d  HALFWAY!!

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to?  Hopefully passing the GD test with flying colors... and hitting viability!

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  LOVE feeling the munchkin move around now!  Can't wait until the hubs can feel it!  Definitely provides just that extra bit of reassurance each day that all is well...

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food? In keeping with last week's answer, Peanut Butter!  I try it once a year in hopes I'll like it now that I'm older, but I never do. From what I hear I'm missing out on SO much PB fun. :(  I also HATE peas.  Blech.
  • depinetadepineta member
    edited May 2016
    1. How far along are you? 21 weeks, 5 days. 

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? My GD test on 7/11 and being able to feel more kicks on the outside. I felt two strong kicks this weekend, but didn't get to my husband in time for him to feel it! 

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm also down from reading about the losses, plus my cousin just had a loss that shook me up quite a bit. I feel terrible for her, so I'm just trying to really appreciate my own pregnancy and the great appointment I just had. 

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food? This is a hard one for me b/c I love food, but I do try to avoid anything with "hash" in the title. 
  • 1. How far along are you?  20W4D

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? Anatomy scan tomorrow morning.  Hoping for good news.  Tomorrow will be the exact gestation I was when I lost my daughter, Claire in Feb 2014.  So I am anxious   and paranoid, with feelings of guilt because she didn't survive.  Even though her brother is in my womb,   fighting along so far, I still miss her badly.

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  I am still always sleepy.  I had a loss dream over the weekend.  I had a  nightmare that we lost our son just like we did our daughter.  It was so realistic and horrible.  Now I am even more anxious.l

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food?  I am not a big macaroni and cheese fan.  I also despise milk.  Cannot stand to taste or smell it.  I know.  I'm a weirdo.
  • I'll be sending you my best thoughts for a fantastic scan tomorrow morning, @TheMillerHighLife
  • zuzu87zuzu87 member
    1. How far along are you? 21 weeks

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? Feeling baby kick on the outside so that SO can feel it too

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: love the fact that she's kicking and moving around more often

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food? liver ewwwwwww
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @TheMillerHighLife FX for good news at your scan tomorrow.   <3

@zuzu87 I've never had liver and I'm going to keep it that way. Lol

1. How far along are you? 21+2

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? Feeling this little boy move! And second half of my anatomy scan. Everything they saw looked fine but they really didn't see much. Bugger was sleeping and wouldn't move. Lol

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Got the guest room mostly cleared out yesterday with lost of help from my son! Up next is painting it. Can't wait till it starts looking like a nursery!

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food? This is hard because I LOVE food. Maybe brussel sprouts? But even those I'm trying to find a recipe and try them again. Asparagus? But I've started eating them when they come with my meal, I just won't cook them myself. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @krzyriver I toss my Brussel sprouts in EVOO, garlic powder, and s&p and put them under the broiler so they're crispy. Delish! Also, a restaurant near me drops them in the frier and tosses them in apple cider vinegar and bacon. TO DIE FOR. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• mrsdj19mrsdj19 member
    1. How far along are you? 19w6d

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? Feeling baby boy move and knowing definitively that it is him

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: DH and I cannot agree on a middle name! He is a lot pickier than he lets on. I just want to start monogramming stuff! I go by the motto: if it doesn't move, monogram it.

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food? Raw onions, but I'm a big foodie so I'll try everything once and will usually like it
  • I hate this. I hate PGAL brain. Ever since the loss post this weekend I've been paranoid and then I got a stomach bug and ran a low grade fever last night. Now I've been sitting here concentrating on feeling movement because I haven't felt much today. I'm not even 20 weeks yet and have an anterior placenta so I know consistent movement is still a few weeks away but I can't help worry. I just want to fast forward to October when I have him in my arms. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said:
    I hate this. I hate PGAL brain. Ever since the loss post this weekend I've been paranoid and then I got a stomach bug and ran a low grade fever last night. Now I've been sitting here concentrating on feeling movement because I haven't felt much today. I'm not even 20 weeks yet and have an anterior placenta so I know consistent movement is still a few weeks away but I can't help worry. I just want to fast forward to October when I have him in my arms. 
    You may want to try getting a doppler!! On days I don't feel a lot of movement I also get super paranoid. Being able to hear that heartbeat allows me to relax (at least for that day). If your doctor is able to find the heartbeat pretty easily at appointments, I would give it a go.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pupatella said:
    MRSCORKER said:
    I hate this. I hate PGAL brain. Ever since the loss post this weekend I've been paranoid and then I got a stomach bug and ran a low grade fever last night. Now I've been sitting here concentrating on feeling movement because I haven't felt much today. I'm not even 20 weeks yet and have an anterior placenta so I know consistent movement is still a few weeks away but I can't help worry. I just want to fast forward to October when I have him in my arms. 
    You may want to try getting a doppler!! On days I don't feel a lot of movement I also get super paranoid. Being able to hear that heartbeat allows me to relax (at least for that day). If your doctor is able to find the heartbeat pretty easily at appointments, I would give it a go.
    The first appt she tried, she found it right away. The last appt, it took like 10 mins and she almost gave up. I've felt him a bit today I'm just overly paranoid and needed to vent about it :/

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• no I second the Doppler. when I'm feeling nervous I rip that puppy out and listen to lil mama bounce around. we even talk to her.'
  • I am having movement woes myself. I felt the baby a bit, then two days before my appointment didn't feel it anymore. It was fine on the ultrasound, but I have barely felt it the tiniest maybe-bit since. It's so frustrating. I do have a doppler, but I try not to use it too much because I'm afraid of hurting the baby if it's too frequent. My personal plan is once a week. I have broken it in the past when I felt too freaked out and probably will again if the little patootie doesn't start kicking better.

• @MRSCORKER I'm sorry you have a PGAL headache :s 
  • @MRSCORKER Yum! I will definitely try that. I just can't tell my boys beforehand or they will throw a fit. Lol. Sorry for the anxiety. That loss really shook me up to, especially cause someone on another site got bad news the same day. I'm taking a hiatus from most of my baby groups because of it. But I ditto the doppler suggestion. I have an anterior placenta (and extra belly fat) so no movement here yet either. But I find the heartbeat really fast these days. Gives me peace of mind. 

@RainMira9e Me too. I felt baby a couple weeks ago but nothing recently. It's really frustrating since this baby is such a wiggle worm. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• 1. How far along are you? 22 +1

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? DH being able to feel baby move, along with more consistent movements, our next ultrasound at the end of June, and FINALLY (after weeks of nagging) being able to put our nursery together next week.

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm with everyone on the PGAL brain train. Our loss was at 21 weeks, which just passed for us, so I feel like every week that passes now is scary uncharted territory. We went out of town for the holiday weekend to Vegas and it was HOT and there was a lot of walking and you betcha I took my doppler with me... and I used it. 

Also... my vagina hurts? Usually when I stand up after lying down, so I think maybe it's blood flow, I hear it's pretty common, but DAMN! OUCH! 

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food? I'm also a foodie and will try anything once, BUT I can't do really fishy tasting fish or offal meats like liver or sweetbreads or anything. I also have a pretty strong hatred for fennel seed. Blech. 

Brussel sprouts are probably my favorite veg! Anytime I see them on a menu I get them and at home I love to roast them to get crispy with some shallots, garlic, and BACON!!!! 

Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • I had a PGAL meltdown last night and, even though it was really sweet of DH to try reassuring me and getting the Doppler for me, it didn't do much for me and I started getting worried the doppler isn't enough reassurance anymore the further along I get. Blah
  • Been getting anxiety, felt the baby kick for like three days in a row last week and now nothing. My last ultrasound high is easing off and I cannot wait for my anatomy scan next week. I have bought the crib and everything and it sits in my dining room in a box. I keep thinking what if I bought all this stuff and have another miscarriage. This whole pregnancy thing is an emotional roller coaster.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cassieleeanne I feel you and am right there with you. I had the same thing basically happen and was terrified, but at my anatomy scan it was fine. I've been told that it's perfectly normal at this stage by my doctor and experienced mothers. But really, I'm right there with you. I have a doppler but I try to only let myself use it only once a week. Still, it helps between scans, so you might want to consider that. Some other things that helped were drinking very cold water, eating sugary things, laying on my back, especially laying down on my back on the floor and sucking my stomach in (that was for core exercises, but still helped me feel baby.) Even so, though, your baby is most likely fine. I hope it gets wiggly soon!

• oh my god @cassieleeanne same same same. anatomy scan next week and if all is well we buy furniture. I am nervous every day. 
  • 1. How far along are you?
    22+5
    2. Next milestone you're looking forward to?
    Viability is right around the corner! And so is the third tri! Crazy!!
    3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:
    I finally got my mudbench/storage unit for my laundry room for the kids to put their bags and shoes and jackets in! I went to ikea and bought what I needed, and then my husband added the rest to make it perfect! :)

4. GTKY: What's your least favorite food? 
    I'm not a super adventurous eater and I dislike sushi!