TTC After a Loss

Second intro - name change

Thank you, friends for your welcome in my post, "Sadly Joining You" I have changed my user name. Because joining under that one was just stupid. I made this one that won't remind me that I don't have a December baby coming in 2016. 

Thank you for welcoming me. I am so anxious to try again. The thought of having another d&c is terrifying. Also I'm not registered with NILMDTS, but my partner and I do all of the loss images for our hospital, and being a part of those has my heart aching. It's such an honor to be able to do that, but so hard as well. I just finished one from yesterday and it sure puts my 11 week loss into perspective. My heart hurts for every one of those mothers. 

But I want my baby. I look at my girls and they being me so much joy. I just want to experience a newborn one more time. Ella is 10, Anna just turned 4. It goes by so quickly. 

My hubby is ready too. He held a friends new baby the other day and I could see him just looking at her, he seemed so comfortable. My body is still bleeding heavily from the d&c, my first one only bled for 3 or 4 days. So this is much different. But I ordered some pressed and I hope as soon as the doc clears me, we can start trying again. 

How long did you all wait? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Second intro - name change

• We didn't - though looking at my cycles (I temp) I don't think my hormones were regulated enough to actually be trying until recently. We feel we did all of our waiting up front (ie. before trying for our first) - because of life, and grad school and some things that DH's parents did that he wanted to avoid (financial stuff mainly) - so once we were ready we were about 31, and we wanted to give finding me a stable job a shot before trying. So we were on the tail end of 32 when we started trying. We really want 2 kids with a bit of spacing if we can, we feel that time is going to start working against us - so we didn't wait after my MC 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hello there!

We didn't wait any longer than it took for me to start ovulating again. There were no complications and my midwife said I'd have heightened fertility after (pffffffftttttttttttt). With our previous BFP, there would have been a good gap and opportunity to have two kids before 35, but that is no longer the case so we didn't feel there was any time to spare. 
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Loading the player...
  • Klee_NCKlee_NC member
    Thank you, ladies! I don't want to wait either. I've always been very very regular with my cycles so I hope everything lines back up quickly. I'm ready. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Klee_NCKlee_NC member
    (And I'm totally glad I didn't get a lecture about how important it is to wait a bazillion months)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The first time we used POM until I got first AF and then tried. We were told different things by different docs. The OB who did my D&C said I didn't need to wait, the OB at my follow up said to wait two cycles, so we split the difference. 

This last time, we didn't BD until my RPL panel came back, then NTNP. My cycle took longer to regulate this time, now we are back to trying. Nobody told us to wait beyond the two week waiting period after D&C. 

The problem is that there is no good evidence for how long to wait, so different providers say different things. My personal opinion is to wait for first AF because I feel that gives the ute time to build a lining that wasn't immediately preceded by trauma. I have no data to back that up, it's just how I feel. 

Im really sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here. You usually won't see anyone lecturing here, unless you are clearly an internet troll. We try to be as welcoming and supportive as we can. 
  • Welcome again! We waited one month technically, but I"m pretty sure my body wasn't ready for at least 2-3 months. Heck, I'm still not pregnant, so maybe it's still not ready, but I hope not. My doctor said 3 months, but after doing research I wasn't going to do that. I really think the distinguishing factor is how long your hormones and body takes to be ready for pregnancy again which will vary from person to person. The waiting isn't fun though. I hope you are successful soon!
  • yolandamunozyolandamunoz member
    edited May 2016
    Welcome again!

After my first loss (D&C) we waited for 2 Cycles. I was temping throughout so I could tell that I Ovulated on time both cycles. Then I got pregnant on the first month of trying. But I lost it very early (natural MC or Chemical Pregnancy).

i am now 3 weeks after my MC, benched because I had some tests done and want to have my OBGYN see them before trying again.

Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My doc suggested I wait till my first period. The doc that did my d&c said we could start trying at my two week follow up. We started trying right away. 
  • Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited May 2016
    My OB said 2 cycles....my first AF post D&C was definitely lighter than normal so I don't think my lining was back to where it should be. I just finished my 2nd AF and it was back to normal in regards to bleeding/flow so think we might be back in business. My mc was 3 months ago....some people's bodies just take longer to readjust. My OB just wanted to make sure my body was really ready again for pregnancy.
  • chloe97chloe97 member
    Hi there and I'm sorry for your loss.

With my first loss, we tried after my first real AF and got pregnant after my 2nd cycle. But my hormones were messed up and I got pregnant again with a baby with Triploidy due to a bad egg. I seem to be superfertile- meaning my body accepts and holds on to bad embryos so this time we are going to wait at least 3 or 4 cycles for my hormones to regulate.
  • Klee_NCKlee_NC member
    Thank you for the advice. I am so sorry for your losses. 
    Pregnancy Ticker