** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
DS: December 19, 2011
MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Rash cream

• dkubbdkubb member
    Grandma els is a great CD safe cream but if it's a really bad rash I just use desitin with a liner.
  • That depends on the cause of the rash.  It also depends on the fibers in the diapers.  

My son hasn't needed much for rash creams in cloth diapers but I got the feeling that he'd need a layer of something at every change if I had him in sposies. The last time he had a stomach bug I used A&D with cotton flats and it washed right out without even a trace of odor from the A&D.  When he's gotten sores from acidic poop, lanolin healed them quickly.  Other than that, ds hasn't had diaper rash.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Loading the player...
  • We cloth diapered 4 kids from day 1 and have tried a bunch. We really like the stick versions. CJs Butter was the only one we ordered again and again. I think you can find it on Amazon.

Mama to 4 kids: girl 2009, boy 2010, girl 2012, boy 2014

www.herenowus.com

• Essential oils.  They work faster and are cloth safe.  I use lavender, melaleuca, and sandalwood in fractionated coconut oil.
    BabyName Ticker
  • We usually just use coconut oil. We also like Honest Baby balm, and our preference is CJ's BUTTer if we have it on hand. Mmmm monkey farts and narwhals. 
  • We typically use coconut oil and have yet to have a real rash. When I start to see a little redness I apply a little California Baby cream (with a disposable liner) and it clears up immediately. DH often just puts it on without the liner and we haven't had any issues with absorbency. California Baby is *supposed* to be cloth safe; it just makes me nervous! 
  • Butt paste, green tube, if the rash gets bad. Otherwise grandma Els or coconut oil on slight redness. 
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016