February 2016 Moms
Options

Constipation

Let's talk about it. No shame here. Who else is dying? I haven't been taking stool softeners (not good to take them long term), but I have upped my fruits and veggies and water to a gallon a day to no avail. I go every day, but combined with the hemmorhoids (yeah pregnancy/delivery!) it is so difficult and painful. I have a lot of GI discomfort throughout the day, too. 

So, who wants to commiserate? What's working for you? I'm thinking of picking up some Benefiber at the store this week. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Constipation

• Options
    I've gotten better since the 2 month mark or so but I think cutting out diary helped (it was upsetting my son's tummy but also helped me). I also try to up my fruit and veggies as you mentioned. My OB had mentioned a suppository that is supposed to help with internal and external hemmroids but I never had to use it. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    smn14smn14 member
    I'd never had this issue til post partum. It sucks! Upped fruit and veg and went to the doc re: the hemorrhoids which helped. It's so so glamorous being a mummy!!!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually grit my teeth still when I go. I should probably see a doctor because it's really not back to normal.

On the positive side, I go every other day and only take my "poop lemonade" if it doesn't happen on its own. It's what I was prescribed right after the birth (you dissolve the powder in water and it's lemon flavored), but I still have most of the box left. Luckily it usually goes fine with no poop lemonade needed, even if going is a bit painful. I drink LOTS of water, which probably helps at least a little bit. 
  • Options
    Ground Flax Seed!! It's amazing. You can sprinkle some in cereal, yogurt or a smoothie for breakfast (it has a light nutty flavor). I had IBS issues before I got preggo and it works wonders for all types of digestive issues.