Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R/CS:

GTKY: Happy Cinco de Mayo! Let's talk about Mexico today! Do you celebrate this day? Do you have any Mexican heritage? Have you ever been to Mexico? Did you like it? Do you like Mexican food?

Me: 32
DH: 33
Married: October 2015
TTC #1: October 2015
EDD #1: June/July 2017

Re: WTO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • mylove071407mylove071407 member
    edited May 2016
    I prematurely moved over to TWW.

Month/Cycle:  1/1

CD:  24

WAYDTGKU:   tracking BBT and HIO

R/R/CS:   I prematurely went over to TWW because FF took my CH's away this morning.  I'm bummed but not surprised, considering my history with my ovaries.  ETA:  DH put his notice in at work, gave two months notice which is long enough for training for a new job and then finding a new one.  Can I say I almost died of shock that he called his boss last night?!

GTKY: Happy Cinco de Mayo! Let's talk about Mexico today! Do you celebrate this day? Do you have any Mexican heritage? Have you ever been to Mexico? Did you like it? Do you like Mexican food?   I do not celebrate Cinco de Mayo, no Mexican heritage.  I've never been to Mexico.  I would love to lounge on a beach somewhere though.  I love Mexican food!

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• @Megzb510  I'm sorry that it's CD1

Chart Stalk Me

• felix08felix08 member
    Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: When AF is outta here, I'll start temping and doing all that other crap.

R/R/CS: AF is already on her way out, so that makes me happy! I also love the fact that it is Thursday and tomorrow is Friday!

GTKY: Happy Cinco de Mayo! Let's talk about Mexico today! Do you celebrate this day? Do you have any Mexican heritage? Have you ever been to Mexico? Did you like it? Do you like Mexican food?  I celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the sense that we will be eating tacos and drinking margaritas tonight. I'm actually using a pork carnitas recipe someone had posted on here awhile ago! Can't remember who though... I do not have any Mexican heritage, but the town I live in does have a large Mexican population, so there is a big Cinco de Mayo festival downtown this weekend, which is always fun! The demographic of my town also means there are several really delicious and authentic Mexican restaurants--I loooove Mexican food! I have been to Mexico twice, but only to the really touristy areas (i.e., Cancun).
  • kellybean1988kellybean1988 member
    edited May 2016
    *edit* words Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Month/Cycle: 6/5

CD: 18

R/R/CS:  Well, my temp went up this morning, but not enough for me to be convinced I O'd yesterday. We'll see what happens tomorrow and Saturday--it's probably doing that "slow rise" thing that it has done in some of my past cycles.  I'm a little worried that if I have O'd that I'm not taking progesterone yet....sigh. But I also don't want to possibly delay O if it hasn't happened. Boo. Maybe I'll just say eff it and if temp goes up again tomorrow I'll start the progesterone.

GTKY: Happy Cinco de Mayo! Let's talk about Mexico today! Do you celebrate this day? Do you have any Mexican heritage? Have you ever been to Mexico? Did you like it? Do you like Mexican food?

My coworkers always celebrate this day by getting margaritas after work, and usually I join. I am going to skip tonight because I don't want to drink and mess up my temp tomorrow morning, and I want to avoid any "why is she not drinking" chatter, lol. I think most Americans have no clue why Cinco de Mayo is celebrated--I didn't know until I looked it up last year!!--and often mistake it for Mexican Independence Day, which is actually Sep 16--they just use it as an excuse to drink (which is a-ok with me) But, the history is well worth noting:  
    https://latinamericanhistory.about.com/od/thehistoryofmexico/p/10cincodemayobasics.htm  
    I've never been to Mexico but I would love to go--and hells to the yes, give me Mexican food any day!!! 
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016
    DS born January 31st, 2017: Rory "Mac" MacKinnon

• mylove071407mylove071407 member
    edited May 2016
    *snip*

R/R/CS: first cycle after Mirena.  Trying to figure all this out, including CM.  Looks like some EWCM yesterday... will see!! 

*snip*
    This is my first cycle off Mirena as well.

Chart Stalk Me

• 1017Shannon1017Shannon member
    edited May 2016
    Month/Cycle: 4 (okay it's actually 8 and  it's 5 ttcal and 4 ttcal with actual good timing) so I'm going with 4 today because it helps my anxiety :smile: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: pnv, coq10, preseed if needed, bd eod/ed from pos opk until confirmed O

R/R/CS:  I'm not convinced I even O'd last cycle so for the love of everything holy I hope I clearly O this month because my anxiety can't take it. I haven't ever NOT O'd besides last month so wtf it needs to stop! 

don't celebrate it, never have. 
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2 (+6 NTNP)

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: just waiting for now. DH has a cold and I've got AF for at least today. 

R/R/CS: Ohmygod had the hardest boot camp today. I'm still shaking. I'm surprised at how out of shape I am but I know that I'm now already one day closer to getting back to where I want to be. H's grandma passed away last week so we are headed to FL this weekend. It'll be nice to have awesome weather and spend some time with his family. So far I'm enjoying the no temping...let's see how long that actually lasts though.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! I grew up in So Cal so Cinco de Mayo was always a big celebration. I'm not Mexican but Mexican food is some of my favorite. I think growing up in So Cal spoiled me because I can't eat crappy Mexican food. And I'm super picky about it. 
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited May 2016
    @DoctorDonna I agree with you, as a history teacher, I really do not understand this celebration. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @melissam090 my DH did his SA at his primary care doctors office (as opposed to the RE office). He said it was just a doctor's office room and he basically had to just get it done. For our IUI's he goes to the lab section of the RE office and the room there has magazines and all that fun stuff to help :) I have not been with him any of the times. I have also not heard of anyone "helping". Every DH is different but I think my presence would make it more difficult for him to perform on the spot. Also, the time scheduled for our IUI drop off/procedure gives him plenty of time to finish so it's not like he has to do it in 10 min and they are knocking on the door haha.

Month/Cycle: 18

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: IUI #3

R/R/CS: Just waiting for my follicle check on Sunday so the IUI can get scheduled. This will probably be our last one before moving to IVF.

GTKY: Happy Cinco de Mayo! Let's talk about Mexico today! Do you celebrate this day? Do you have any Mexican heritage? Have you ever been to Mexico? Did you like it? Do you like Mexican food? Yes usually we will go have a drink after work with friends to celebrate b/c frankly any excuse to drink is a good one :) DH and I have been to Mexico twice.. we went to Cabo a few years ago and went to Cancun last summer. Both were a lot of fun but I prefer the Caribbean over Mexico for a tropical vacation.

Me 35, DH 37

Unexplained infertility and TTC since December 2014

February 2016 - May 2016: 3 IUI's -- all BFN

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

May 2018: FET #1 -- BFN

August 2018: FET #2 -- BFP!!! healthy baby girl born May 2019!!

July 2020: FET #3 -- embyro did not survive thaw

September 2020 - IVF #4 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 1 PGS normal

October 2020 - FET #4 -- BFN

January 2021 - IVF #5 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH)  -- 2 PGS normal

February 2021 - FET #5 - BFP!!! Due 11/6/2021

• mokay19mokay19 member
    Month/Cycle:  8/4

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: Metformin, PNV, temping, praying to the uterus/ovary gods

R/R/CS:  DH might come home early and be home tomorrow night! I'm excited for him to come back for me aaaaand so he can schedule his SA! Just like some of you previously stated, I'm wondering if I should go with for support or anything else... I guess I'll have him ask when he calls :)

GTKY:  I do not celebrate Cinco de Mayo....normally.  However, a New Mexican restaurant in the town that I work in opened last week so coincidentally we're going to it today.  But unfortunately I'll have to pass on the margaritas while there! 
  • Month/Cycle:  9/7 (1st TTCAL)

CD:  36

WAYDTGKU:  cm, cp, bbt, OPKs, vitamins/coq10, starting acupuncture

R/R/CS:  Ugh, still here.  I'm just hoping this cycle isn't anovulatory.

GTKY:  I don't have any Mexican heritage.  I've been to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) over Thanksgiving weekend back in college, which they don't celebrate there.  It was a pretty drive in some parts (I thought) and a great way to just observe the country.  I grew up in Arizona around some amazing mom and pop restaurants and Mexican food was a staple growing up.  I totally get the holiday starting with Mexico citizens/descendants celebrating here when they learned of the victory, but I don't celebrate.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• @MollyandD I feel you, my work partner, the other 7th grade SS teacher, she just told me she is pregnant. I tried to pretend to be happy, she wants to talk to me about all this stuff since I was just recently pregnant bahh and now I am freaking out if I do get pregnant soon both of us will be out at the same time. 

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @MollyandD I feel you, my work partner, the other 7th grade SS teacher, she just told me she is pregnant. I tried to pretend to be happy, she wants to talk to me about all this stuff since I was just recently pregnant bahh and now I am freaking out if I do get pregnant soon both of us will be out at the same time. 
    I'm sure that if you get pregnant, the time you have to take off won't matter AS much as you think. But, I'm a teacher too, so I know that it always matters a lot. It's harder to plan for a sub than it is to be at school when you're sick. 
  • @Dilynne  My doctor won't let me go past 60 days.  I used to wait 90 but she said I could call for Provera sooner as long as I took an HPT prior to calling.   I'm thinking it could be at the discretion of the doctor. 

Chart Stalk Me

• @Dilynne , my doctor has also said 60 days
    Me: 34 DH: 36
    TTC#2 September 2015
    DD #1 born July 2014
    Clomid 50 mg x2 months- no ovulation
    Clomid 100mg x 2 months- confirmed ovulation first month, BFN
  • Month/Cycle: 9/4 TTCAL

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: PNV's, support supplement, fertility tea, HIO EOD when I start OPK's in a couple days

R/R/CS: *Possible TW - Mother's day*

So Mother's day is coming up and I've been thinking about it all week. We are going to our church with H's family (since we moved so we don't get to go very often anymore but all of our friends are there) and of course they're having special stuff to celebrate the moms. I brought it up to DH last night about when they have all the moms stand up in the service. Our closest friends know about my loss but not the whole church. So I'm torn because I am a mom but I don't want half the church asking if I'm PG right now... Also it's been really hard this week knowing I should be PG right now, almost 18 weeks. And knowing several friends have gotten KU since my loss. My SIL will be there on Sunday and she's had 2 losses so that helps me knowing if I lose it I have someone who knows how I'm feeling.

I don't celebrate it but with the way I'm feeling I might get some drinks tonight. I don't have any heritage but my brother-in-law is Mexican. I've never been there but wouldn't mind going one day. I LOVE Mexican food! I love making my own guacamole!

Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opk and when husband gets home today from being out of town for a few days we are having ALL the sex

R/R/CS: My mom is watching DD for a few days starting this afternoon. DH badly needs my help to finish up his thesis and last semester of grad school. So, crappy mothers day for me this year. But, this is life. it makes me sad to leave DD for 3 days, especially because I just left her for the first big 5 day trip not even a month ago. But, when I really think about it I just realized I will be able to sleep in with DH, that has not happened in 2.5 years since she was born. So, maybe it won't be all bad.

I am not Mexican at all. I went to Mexico once in high school, with my family. it was awesome. I hope to get to go again soon. My mom goes for a month every year to work at a counseling ministry down there. Maybe I will tag along one of these times. I had a Mexican roommate for a few months right out of high school. I learned from her that Mexican don't actually celebrate Cinco De Mayo at all. So, we don't really either. I do make tacos often, but that is because I make tacos a lot anyway. With DD gone tonight though, margaritas might have to happen.

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DoctorDonnaPuerto Vallarta is where we went on our family vacation in high school as well. It was a super great place to visit, I agree. We spent a lot of time at the resort, but also went out exploring too and it was such a friendly and welcoming place.

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MollyandD I know, the only job where it is harder to take off work than just go into work sick.

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • sLass42sLass42 member
    edited May 2016
    @melissam090 drink all the margaritas!
    @megzb510 sorry for cd1, watch out for the dreaded "delayed traveling O"
    @mylove071407 I'm waiting to move too, FF keeps changing my CH
    @dilynne My last cycle was 50 days (O day 44) that can be normal for me.I have seen some drs who are willing to look into it around 60 days, seems to depend on the dr.   I wouldn't freak yet, but it won't hurt to check and see if you've even O'd.

Work bumping!

Month/Cycle: 8/7

CD: 20?

WAYDTGKU:  prenatals, RRL tea before O, ttc astroglide, cm, cp.

R/R/CS: **Chart stalk plz** 
    So I'm still hanging out until O is confirmed. I'd like opinions on discarding my temp from cd16.
     I took it a few hours late. If I keep it my CH pop up on cd14, if I discard it switches to no CH. If I keep the temp it also gives me a weird note in interpretation about how I must be on a progesterone supplement (I'm not). Positive opk on c18 w/ewcm & another pos opk on cd19. I'm cramping a little yesterday & today, which isn't really normal for me if I was truly 6dpo, I usually cramp a few days before af and it's crippling. I'm thinking I'm gearing up to O and I should just disregard the temp?

We don't really celebrate Cinco de Mayo. I agree it's more of an American day for drinking. We honestly try not to leave the house on cinco de may, st. pattys, new years eve to avoid drunk drivers. DH wants to grab some corona but that's about as festive as we'll get. We'll be drinking Corona and starting Outlander!
    Image result for cinco de mayo cute
    eta: cinco de mayo content :)
    -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Personal, Frequently Changing Gif Party>>>

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU:  Bwowm-chicka-bwowm

R/R/CS:  My husband has a sore back and is acting like he's dying.  It is worse than a man cold.  He even came into my WORK to whine about it

GTKY: Happy Cinco de Mayo! Let's talk about Mexico today! Do you celebrate this day? Do you have any Mexican heritage? Have you ever been to Mexico? Did you like it? Do you like Mexican food

I don't think anyone celebrates that day around here (Canadian, not sure if that makes a difference).  I have no Mexican heritage.  I like some Mexican food.  I will never, ever EVER go to Mexico.  My whole family basically won't, since a family member was murdered there and there was no help from government/police, etc.  It took a private investigator to find his chopped up body.  So we don't go there.  And I have no interest anyway.

(Generally I don't want to travel anywhere if I don't trust the government/police to help me if I were to run into trouble.  But I am not a big traveler anyway so I am find playing it extra extra safe.)

<br>
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers