May 2016 Moms
Options

Nesting

2»

Re: Nesting

• Options
    Oh my gosh- so much nesting happening!!  I've shampooed all the carpets, cleaned out/organized every closet in the house, reorganized the kitchen cabinets, reorganized the kitchen pantry, organized all of my jewelry (lol- so necessary?!), washed and put away all the baby laundry and then reorganized it all HAHA, hospital bag has been packed for about a month. I put together the pack n play, the rock n play, the baby jumper he can't use for 4 months, the high chair, the little gym mat thing... I think one of the biggest differences I've noticed most recently is that I keep doing all the little things - keeping up with the dishes and laundry, sweeping the floors, making sure everything is tidy all the time- normally I am a hot mess and totally disorderly. 

I felt these super productive urges for a month or so now... But it's like a nesting/exhaustion roller coaster. I will be super productive for like two hours then I take a two hour nap. Or some days, like today, I will stay in bed until noon and then go nesting crazy from noon to 7 :-) 

Dh has definitely started nesting too :-) he's been constantly working for MONTHS on painting all of our trim wood white and replacing all the doors in our house. He just officially finished this morning and made a comment about how he was just going to hang out and take it easy to celebrate. I come home from running some errands and he had mowed the lawn, weed wacked, yanked out these two giant bushes we've been talking about getting rid of for like a year, did several loads of laundry... I was like OMG!! Have a drink and sit on the couch!! Haha I guess we both can't help it :-) it's making us feel SO READY tho!! 
  • Options
    slfezzslfezz member
    I feel so far behind on the nesting front. I haven't had the urge beyond my normal need to have a clean-ish house and am so exhausted by the time I get home from work I just collapse into a recliner. Today is my first day of leave (I'm 38 wks today) so I'm hoping to be productive with breaks for mid-day naps. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I decided I needed to repaint the baseboards today. My husband thinks I'm crazy but they are driving me nuts! 
  • Options
    swflJDswflJD member
    I haven't really been hit with the nesting urges until last night.  From the time I got home from work, I was working on various projects and didn't even stop to eat dinner.  As soon as poor DH walked through the door from work, I put him to work with house/nursery projects.  He finally sat down on the couch at about midnight and fell asleep immediately.  I woke him up to eat dinner (some frozen microwave dinner crap because it was 1:00 a.m.) before he went to bed.  I, on the other hand, could not sleep.  So, I was up half the night hanging new curtains, assembling the high chair so I could get that huge box out of the nursery, installing the baby gate to keep the dog out of the nursery, hanging and folding more baby clothes, etc.  I expected to be tired this morning, but I was up an hour earlier than usual and made it to my OB appointment early (which never happens!).  I'm not tired at all (yet), but I'm just waiting for the exhaustion to hit me! 
  • Options
    slfezz said:
    I feel so far behind on the nesting front. I haven't had the urge beyond my normal need to have a clean-ish house and am so exhausted by the time I get home from work I just collapse into a recliner. Today is my first day of leave (I'm 38 wks today) so I'm hoping to be productive with breaks for mid-day naps. 
    @slfezz I just pretend that nobody on this board has a job when I read about how much everyone else is nesting. I know that basically everyone here has a job, but it's the only way I can keep from getting angry at how much it seems like everyone is doing while I struggle through work and then come home and fall apart.
  • Options
    I need some of this nesting energy you speak of. I'm 40weeks tomorrow and my energy is declining each day that passes. Sigh
  • Options
    @Pascal86 I actually am not working right now and I can guarantee that I wouldn't be as productive as I am if I was still working! Totally amazed at you ladies who are still putting in full work weeks this far into your pregnancies!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I spent all day vacuuming, mopping, and dusting my living room and kitchen. Not in that order...
    On Saturday I deep cleaned my bedroom. Holy dust! It's like my house just sucks it all there. Gross. 
  • Options
    @Pascal86 I actually am not working right now and I can guarantee that I wouldn't be as productive as I am if I was still working! Totally amazed at you ladies who are still putting in full work weeks this far into your pregnancies!
    @littlebb22 That's comforting to hear! I'm planning to work until the baby is falling out of me (no paid leave :disappointed:), but I have a desk job, so it's not a big deal for me to to keep working because I'm just sitting there all day, and if things get too uncomfortable at work I can just do it from home. But it does mentally wipe me out for any potential nesting! Unless making a personal nest by piling blankets and pillows around me and burrowing into them is what we mean by nesting. Because I do that regularly.