May 2016 Moms

Nesting

So far the biggest nesting accomplishment I have so far is cleaning out the refrigerator and freezer and make room in my daughter's dresser for newborn clothes as well.  What have you done so far to nest?  Anything really productive (In June someone washed and ironed all of their curtains!)

Re: Nesting

• thismakes4thismakes4 member
    edited April 2016
    Nesting was strong in the first 6-7 months of pregnancy for me. I reorganized every single cupboard about 3x each, shampooed my carpets, washed all my windows, scrubbed my couch clean, painted various rooms, etc. Basically with having 3 other children to care for it looks like I need to do all those things again...except now I have zero energy. The only thing that seems like I really accomplished was cleaning my pack n play which was beyond disgusting. I'm trying to get back on my cleaning schedule because then everything is pretty manageable but like I said...zero energy.
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Nope, still waiting for it at 36 weeks! Hopefully it kicks in soon because little girl's stuff is taking over our entire house. I did get my bag mostly packed. Two weeks after I started it. Sigh. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I cleaned/wiped down all the walls :D and obsessed with moving stuff around (furniture). Still not done cleaning and she'll be here in 2weeks :#
  • It was very strong for me about two months ago. I get annoyed at the messes I'm seeing but I'm too uncomfortable to deal with them lately. My poor husband is doing a lot right now!!! 
  • With DD1 I nested like nobody's business in a continuous flow. With this one though it's only coming in spurts. I've gotten 2 drawers cleaned out and packed with DD2 clothes. I've put everything together and in a place (for the most part), went through DD1's toy chest, organized it, and donated what she doesn't play with anymore. Shampooed my carpets, my mom washed my walls for me, bought and organized a hanging shelf in my room with diapers, swaddle blankets, etc. Made "stations" for myself and DD1 to make sure I have quick access to diapers, wipes, change of clothes, etc and books, toys, crayons for DD1 so she feels included at the station. Washed my bedding, got a pedicure, got my eyebrows waxed and tinted, and I'm hoping to get my roots done.Hospital bag packed and made 19 freezer meals.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• I'm on a continuous cleaning urge but some days I get more done than others. I've cleaned the ceiling fans and light fixtures, wiped down the baseboards, reorganized kitchen cabinets, washed all of LO's clothes, setup and organized our office/scrapbooking room, washed inside of all windows, cleaned out the window tracks, reorganized all storage totes in basement, painted two rooms, cleaned out our hall closet, mopped our entire basement before carpet install, deep cleaned my car, cleaned all our wall hangings, cleaned out fridge/freezer, started to organize our garage and currently working on landscaping. Hoping to weed the garden next!
  • 39 weeks today...and I think I may have done my nesting in the very beginning of the pregnancy? We very quickly moved/sorted out what was the cat's room so it could become the nursery. The plan since then (the Fall) has been to clear out the basement, and we just haven't gotten around to it. I've done stuff that had to be done, but some very simple putting away still hasn't happened...and I think DH comes back from work every day hoping I've nested (nope, I napped!), although at the same time he's afraid of me doing anything considering how clumsy I'm been. 
  • I think DH is more ready to nest than me.  We have our daughter spending the day and night at her grandparent's house and we want to go to a movie.  I was thinking I would kick back and relax with the other time, then he mentions getting all of the bottles ready and baby clothes washed and folded. Looks like it will be a productive day instead. Lol 
  • I feel like I still haven't been nesting. I guess I have here and there, I've made some freezer meals (plan to do some more this weekend) and I've sorted through both our new baby clothes and hand me downs to be washed and put away.

I'm 36 weeks and haven't even started to pack a hospital bag yet or anything. I feel so behind. :/ I made a to-do list yesterday though and plan to knock a lot of it out over the weekend!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • I feel like I never stop cleaning and organizing.  DH built the nursery for LO but I did the drywall, painting and everything else.  I also made the bedding, curtains and most of the nursery decorations.  I kind of wish I had more to do in there since I love to do that kind of thing!  

Also, I have pretty much sorted through every item we own and pitched or donated everything we could spare.  Our drawers, cupboards and toy/clothes storage areas are in tip-top shape.  I'm now obsessed with the garage and sorting through the sports equipment and tools.  The hard part is keeping everything in its place.  I know it will all go back to being a disaster soon so at least we can enjoy it now.  
  • I cannot wait to start nesting. I just need to get through this awful week of grad school and work and then I'll be free to nest. I've done the basics like washing some newborn clothes, the car seat, bought a package of diapers, packed the baby's bag for the hospital and designated a bag for me that I can throw things into as I find them. Since DD and LO will be sharing a room, I need to do some major clean up/reorganizing/decorating in there. I'm hoping my Mom can help me with that in May. Seriously cannot wait to devote some time to preparing for LO.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Deep cleaned my kitchen...twice. Reorganized our cabinets. Cleaned out box freezer. Deep cleaned my office. Deep cleaned her room. Got carpets steam cleaned. Washed her clothes, organized her dresser/closet, bought infinity organization things...I'm currently obsessed with storage. 

My house is getting professional deep cleaned on Thursday, and I'm weirdly anxious about it...
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• My nesting has gotten as far as making a list and crossing the things off that list. Which is more related to getting things ready for her. I've made some freezer meals, did a stock up shopping spree, washed and put up all of her clothes. We still have to install the car seat bases and have them checked. And to be really honest, we have hired someone to come in and clean every other week so she is going to deep clean for me. Win win in my world.
  • I don't think nesting is in the cards for me. I keep trying to drum up motivation. Sure I do normal cleaning and am working on the nursery but nothing crazy. I should be reorganizing everything and donating things in order to make room for bottles etc. 
  • Nothing about being pregnant has made me feel like cleaning or organizing. Some app or website or something told me maybe it will happen at 36 weeks, so maybe in a few days I'll start?
  • NB817NB817 member
    I nest in a different way...I make to do lists for my husband and my lazy niece to complete since it's all stuff I can see needs to be done but I can't physically accomplish. ;) it's glorious. Besides that I'm the one preparing all the things for the nursery and washing putting away his clothes. 

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

• Never have I been so excited to have my carpets and rugs cleaned today!!!! Nesting at its finest! 
  • I had some nesting drive early on and got the nursery done and some of the house organized. This last month I  feel more of a hibernation urge just to stay home and not see anyone/do anything. Is that a thing?
    Would be awesome if I got a second wind of nesting, at almost 39 weeks I'm running out of time.
  • My nesting kicked in earlier in 3rd tri but left a few weeks back. In those weeks I cleaned windows, scrubbed floors, cleaned my oven (is it bad in my 34 years I have never cleaned an oven), organized closets. Last weekend, I did notice how dusty the tops of the door and window frames were but got DH to do those. I still want to scrub our living room floor and baseboards. And I hope to wash down the floors in the whole apartment once more, but it is getting hard to maneuver on hands and knees. 

cat fail animated GIF

• I'm hoping it really kicks in next week when my mat leave starts! I have had ZERO motivation to bend over and pick up the mess of toys and such in our living room for the last few weeks. We have a company coming to deep clean the house on Tuesday, so I have to get all the clutter picked up by then! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited April 2016
    I was on a roll for a while, but now the energy is coming in spurts and I'm generally lucky to be able to stay on top of regular cooking, cleaning, laundry, work, and mother/wife stuff. Over the past couple months during naptimes I've managed to deep clean the house and maintain it reasonably well; wash walls, curtains, and carpets; reorganize and sort all of the closets, the garage, our workout area, the kitchen cabinets, and DS's toy storage; make over a month of freezer meals; sew nursing scarves, blankets, and boppy covers; pack the hospital bag; get my end of year curriculum planned for my long term sub; convert DS's room to a shared nursery; clean the baby stuff; and get shopping and wrapping done for holidays/birthdays that fall within a month or so of my due date.

eta: I deep cleaned my car too-- it really needed it!
  • I got all of his things ready, washed and put away onesies stacked the boxes of costco diapers and wipes, and all his other things washed/put away. So my little guy is all ready. I even packed a hospital bag. But I never got that nesting urge. I was really hoping for it. I'm 38 weeks and would love if I became overwhelmed with the urge to deep clean my house before baby comes....but it's just not happening! 
  • I'm at 36 + 4 and went on maternity leave as of yesterday... I've scrubbed the bathroom walls and all, washed every piece of clothing in the house, went to michaels and bought goodies for the nursery, done 2 DIY projects, and made 2 killer dinners and half of those went into the freezer!! I've had a busy 2 days, but after about an hour or 2 I need to lay down on couch and relax for a little while! DH has come home and been like WOW!!! tomorrow I'm getting my cousin to do my hair and some small errands with me!! I do still want to hire a service to come and do a deep cleaning tho!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I started nesting earlier in 3 tri, and thank god for that, because I have basically no energy right now! We moved all of the kids rooms around to make room for the nursery, so it was painting/decorating x3. Also did a bunch of deep cleaning like baseboards, bathrooms, kitchen, washing curtains and bedding, refreshing mattresses, stocked the freezer and toiletries, had new carpet installed in the entryway and stairs. Right about now the only things I'm doing are napping, some laundry, and light cleaning. 
  • I'm 38+2 and have been pretty exhausted lately/hip and pelvis pain have kept me from doing a lot, but today I got a burst of energy and I cleaned for about 2 hours! I was so sweaty, sore, and tired after it was nuts!
  • I am nesting right now.  At 3 am.  Knocking out the to-do lists.  I have daily lists of things I want to accomplish on the nesting front + a master list of all things needing to be done.  All of that is on top of my normal stuff.  My feet hate me.
  • yogahh said:
    My nesting kicked in earlier in 3rd tri but left a few weeks back. In those weeks I cleaned windows, scrubbed floors, cleaned my oven (is it bad in my 34 years I have never cleaned an oven), organized closets. Last weekend, I did notice how dusty the tops of the door and window frames were but got DH to do those. I still want to scrub our living room floor and baseboards. And I hope to wash down the floors in the whole apartment once more, but it is getting hard to maneuver on hands and knees. 
    This is me! My oven is DISGUSTING and I really need to clean it but I realized the other day, at the ripe old age of 34, that I have never cleaned an oven and have no idea how to go about it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • yogahh said:
    My nesting kicked in earlier in 3rd tri but left a few weeks back. In those weeks I cleaned windows, scrubbed floors, cleaned my oven (is it bad in my 34 years I have never cleaned an oven), organized closets. Last weekend, I did notice how dusty the tops of the door and window frames were but got DH to do those. I still want to scrub our living room floor and baseboards. And I hope to wash down the floors in the whole apartment once more, but it is getting hard to maneuver on hands and knees. 
    This is me! My oven is DISGUSTING and I really need to clean it but I realized the other day, at the ripe old age of 34, that I have never cleaned an oven and have no idea how to go about it!
    I just bought oven cleaner and let it sit for a few hours, then Brillo padded the crap outta it. It wasn't at bad as I thought it would be. You can do it!!

cat fail animated GIF

• yogahh said:
    yogahh said:
    I just bought oven cleaner and let it sit for a few hours, then Brillo padded the crap outta it. It wasn't at bad as I thought it would be. You can do it!!

I cleaned mine with a mixture of baking soda and water (it was like a paste), let it sit overnight then scrubbed it out the next day. It works wonders!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • js8812 said:
    yogahh said:
    Does it have a self-cleaning feature?  Mine basically incinerates all the crud in there, I vacuum it out, then wipe it down with vinegar and baking soda
    That's what we did in ours. I would recommend keeping the area well ventilated regardless bc in our case it smelled like burning for a little bit bc of the high heat... and it's essentially burning the crud off, but it works really well if you have that feature.
  • yogahh said:
    yogahh said:

I cleaned mine with a mixture of baking soda and water (it was like a paste), let it sit overnight then scrubbed it out the next day. It works wonders!
    Excellent.  Ok.  I can do this!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My big accomplishment was deep cleaning the crud out of my car. I still want to get the floor/seats shampooed professionally but I'm waiting till our rainy season is done. I've also made 21 freezer meals and I really want to make more.

Other then that we live in a renovation zone (redoing the whole house) so it's hard to clean anything till demolition is all done. Hopefully DH can get the long wall in the kitchen taken out this weekend  (4th wall to come down so far) and then I can clean! Taking out plaster walls is so dusty.

Hopefully I still want to clean this bad after my last day of work.
  • Anyone's SO's going through nesting? DH has suddenly gotten really into house projects! We've lived in our house for about three years with crap carpet (that got worse when we had an elderly dog and then a new puppy) and we've been wanting to put in porcelain flooring, but I've been hearing that for two years. Today we went to two flooring stores to get estimates, got the second to last black out blind for downstairs, and got the baby's room paint color. On the way home he said "now when I take a day off work I can focus on cleaning the carpets".
    i mean, go ahead sweetie. I'll just be laying on the couch, eating cake.
  • Im nesting so bad I've moved on from my house and am currently cleaning my mom's  :| the struggle is reaaal  
  • My nesting has really consisted of moving houses! People can't believe how settled we are for the 7 weeks we've been here and for how pregnant I am- inducing next week at 39 weeks. We only have a few boxes left and most of them are clothes that I can't wear right now so I'll just leave those in boxes until I dare try anything on after delivery. The nursery is ready, the car seat is installed, hospital bags are packed. I think y'all convinced me to go to the grocery tomorrow to stock up on some snacks and easy meals. I've been lying around lately because of lack of energy and swollen feet. My mother in law told me she didn't think LO was coming today because I didn't have the urge to clean everything. I wanted to be like, um hello I have been nesting for the past two months in a new house! I'm hoping she's wrong and that he does come in the next couple days despite my lack of nesting. 
  • @jomunson yes, suddenly today DH has all of these little projects that he wants to do/is doing in the yard. He has also decided that the basement bathroom reno that has been slowly in the works since fall needs to get done asap. My rcs is in less than a week...he's cutting it close here! :)
  • So far I've organized all of baby's things and have them ready to go. I did some deep cleaning back in 2nd tri but just don't have the same feelings to do it again. I planned on making freezer meals but now I'm perfectly fine if we grill everyday because it's so nice outside.

I think my husband got what was supposed to be my nesting energy! So far he has painted all accent walls, assembled all of baby's furniture, scrubbed down the kitchen and washed the car about a million and one times! I clearly cannot compete with him lol.