June 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms go here...

1166167168169170172»

Re: Weekly Randoms go here...

• Options
    Anyone else stuck hosting Mother's Day for their in laws?
    I feel like this is the complete opposite of how my Mother's Day should be going down. :-1: 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Channing Tatum and Ryan Gosling...can I pick both?

Also I really want pancakes and waffles and sausage and bacon. Yup all of it. 

P.S. I love all my June regs and the tots :)
  • Options
    I feel like this is the complete opposite of how my Mother's Day should be going down. :-1: 
    Oh lord, I might be. MIL informed H last night that she is retiring FRIDAY! His dad retired in march...the possibilities are terrifying. They are trying to find a hotel room here for this weekend. I need at least an week warning to mentally prepare when I'm not pregnant...
  • Options
    MrsB8214 said:
    I love Channing Tatum and Ryan Gosling...can I pick both?

Also I really want pancakes and waffles and sausage and bacon. Yup all of it. 

P.S. I love all my June regs and the tots :)
    Mmmmm. Waffles...... 
  • Options
    @mommarich just hope she doesn't manage to find it on her own!

@WinniethePoohsPants fortunately not, the most I am in charge of for them for mothers day is getting my MIL a card.  Your MIL is a real peach so it should be OH so much fun.  I wish you the best of luck and, if I could get my damn phone to copy gif URLs again, I would post a hunger games salute to you.  
  • Options
    Oh gawd. I would die. H works all day thankfully so I'll only have to even see his stepmom for maybe an hour. 

Godspeed..... 
  • Options
    PSA: Apparently we can't say the "F" word on TB without getting reported for the use vulgar and harmful language, because you know, we're all grown adults on an Internet forum and need to be censored.

Be careful out there, ladies. The report function is DEFINITELY being "properly used" now...... 
    Oh now that one of yours got banned "the report button is being used."

Shrug.

It is all admins getting ban happy, now that you are trying to be a snarky board you'll see... For all your "3 warnings = ban" talk yesterday, our third banned member last night only had 1 warning. I think we can assume admins do as they please.

And you guys aren't the first to get warnings for the F word, that has happened to us so many times for the most harmless threads. 

Well, considering the PM I got literally said I was being warned because I was reported for using vulgar and harmful language... yes, the report button is being used so. I'm not sure what the controversy or what the argument is here. I simply put a PSA out to my ladies on this board "trying" SOHARD to be snarky so they don't suffer a similar fate.

The only difference is I'm not on another BMB spamming anything and blaming anybody else for my warning (someone reporting me is a fact which is super lame, but I'm the one that dropped the big bad F bomb) because I'm an adult. I just apparently can't speak like one on here without getting a warning.
    Well, considering we got warnings and bans first yesterday.... yes, the report button was being used on us, but by you guys first so. Despite your earlier denials that June hits "report."

The only difference is, your members started this drama on our board yesterday over nothing. We only got pissed when we started getting warnings and bans like crazy. 

Eh, it's whatever at this point, but silly to deny that people aren't hitting report on both ends with June having started it all.

One last thing before I go

DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    PBear93PBear93 member
    My MIL who believed everything she reads online so refused to get vaccines...is being talked into getting TDap by a friend which means she is going to want to come see baby after baby is born.  I don't want her here--she is SO SO critical of everything I do and nothing I do is good enough for her son.  I feel like I'm not part of her family (on more than one occasion when all her boys, their wives, and grandkids are together she will say things like "it's so nice to have my whole family here, my boys and my babies" and completely ignore me and her other DIL. She critiques everything from what I eat to how I keep house.  She regularly gets me jewelry and purses--neither of which I use...and has started buying coach purses for my 3 yr old!!!!  If she comes I think I can at least make sure it's at least 6 weeks PP because if I have a RCS  I won't be able to drive for 6 weeks and H won't have any time to
    take off work after taking off time when the baby is born so I would have to pick her up
    snd drop her off at the airport--and entertain her all day because H will be at work.  Yeah.  I do don't want her to come.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • Options
    Anywaaaay, back to your regularly scheduled randoms. 

Anyone have any mindless phone game suggestions to play during the labor? I have an android phone and an iPad so all suggestions will be useful. I don't have any games currently but I imagine they might be a good distraction. 
    Word Brain keeps me occupied for hours

• Options
    Oh gawd. I would die. H works all day thankfully so I'll only have to even see his stepmom for maybe an hour. 

Godspeed..... 

Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy are you hosting anything except for a fetus???? I hope it's your H who has to do all the actual work.....

That's just not right. Nope.

• Options
    I got the tdap yesterday and holy crap it hurts today! I feel like my arm has been run over by a truck.
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    PBear93PBear93 member
    @vikinggirl12, I need to do that this weekend.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • Options
    kwife15kwife15 member
    I got the tdap yesterday and holy crap it hurts today! I feel like my arm has been run over by a truck.
    Same here. Sleeping on said arm probably didn't help.
  • Options
    Getting mine this afternoon :(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had mine done in the morning, then took a dance class. All the movement helped a lot and it was only mildly sore the next day. This time was way better than the other two times I've had it in the last 4 years.

• Options
    PSA: Apparently we can't say the "F" word on TB without getting reported for the use vulgar and harmful language, because you know, we're all grown adults on an Internet forum and need to be censored.

Be careful out there, ladies. The report function is DEFINITELY being "properly used" now...... 
    Oh now that one of yours got banned "the report button is being used."

Shrug.

It is all admins getting ban happy, now that you are trying to be a snarky board you'll see... For all your "3 warnings = ban" talk yesterday, our third banned member last night only had 1 warning. I think we can assume admins do as they please.

And you guys aren't the first to get warnings for the F word, that has happened to us so many times for the most harmless threads. 

Well, considering the PM I got literally said I was being warned because I was reported for using vulgar and harmful language... yes, the report button is being used so. I'm not sure what the controversy or what the argument is here. I simply put a PSA out to my ladies on this board "trying" SOHARD to be snarky so they don't suffer a similar fate.

The only difference is I'm not on another BMB spamming anything and blaming anybody else for my warning (someone reporting me is a fact which is super lame, but I'm the one that dropped the big bad F bomb) because I'm an adult. I just apparently can't speak like one on here without getting a warning.
    Well, considering we got warnings and bans first yesterday.... yes, the report button was being used on us, but by you guys first so. Despite your earlier denials that June hits "report."

The only difference is, your members started this drama on our board yesterday over nothing. We only got pissed when we started getting warnings and bans like crazy. 

Eh, it's whatever at this point, but silly to deny that people aren't hitting report on both ends with June having started it all.

One last thing before I go

How do you know it's June that is reporting? You are speculating. And to be fair July started it last month. The June user who made a comment on your random thread yesterday only asked a question. A simple question. You guys took tone to her post where there is none. I lurk on July and have commented a few times since I'm due the end of June. The boards have different tones so obviously some people may like one over the other. Who cares.

Someone from June commented that July regs were being hypocrites because they did the same thing last month to our board. But now that someone is doing it to them they get pissy. I highly doubt any of the June regs reported Lindsay. What would be the point. It's probably some dumb lurker. You guys are the ones coming out like gang busters getting all upset and accusatory and now saying you are going to report people. 

• Options
    alitriaalitria member
    I already go my tdap because they alternate hips each week when I get my progesterone shots and I can't sleep on that side for days and I break out in hives.  I made them give it to me on a week when I got my shot in my right hip and they gave me the shot in my right arm because I actually like to sleep on my left side.  I know pregnancy is full of planning but having to coordinate the swelling and hives from my shots is not what I had in mind.  At least I got a little sympathy from my husband because of my arm swelling and I got a horrible bruise and looked like a plague boil for a few days and he was horrified. 
  • Options
    CourtJack said:

Godspeed..... 

Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy are you hosting anything except for a fetus???? I hope it's your H who has to do all the actual work.....

Because my MIL is a ^&*%%$&*&**&^%^)*^#$^%^&^((*&^
    She wanted me and my family to come to HER house originally for Mother's Day, and I said I didn't feel like driving all the way over to her house. She asked if we would be having a party here, and I said yes - assuming she understood it was just for the three of us.
    After I said yes she responded with, "Oh good! What time does it start?!"
    FML
    She's the most socially inept person I've ever known.
    I think I'm going to text her to bring a bunch of food, and then just provide plates and napkins. Maybe if there's not enough food they will all leave.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    CourtJack said:

Godspeed..... 

She wanted me and my family to come to HER house originally for Mother's Day, and I said I didn't feel like driving all the way over to her house. She asked if we would be having a party here, and I said yes - assuming she understood it was just for the three of us.
    FML
    I think I'm going to text her to bring a bunch of food, and then just provide plates and napkins. Maybe if there's not enough food they will all leave.
    That's ridiculous!!

• Options
    CourtJack said:

Godspeed..... 

FML
    Omg what a pain in the ass.

We're going to a big party for H's grandma on Mother's Day (it's close to her birthday). Hopefully it'll be fun? My Mum's birthday also falls on/close to Mother's Day every year but she lives a ways away. This year she's getting a horrifying-sounding procedure done on her knee right before the weekend. Kind of wish I was going to visit her instead :/
  • Options

This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s unwelcoming tone. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"