October 2016 Moms

Let's Talk About Sex Baby!

Okay so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post something like this, so if I'm not, oops and pre-apologies.

As our bellies get bigger, sex can get awkward.  What positions (only if you're comfortable sharing) feels better than others?  I find missionary is a no-go, and right now we're doing doggy, but I'm finding that's starting to hurt even though we use super amount of lube.

Silver lining - it's fun trying out different sex positions! Oh the work! :blush: 

p/s it doesn't help that hubby wasn't blessed in that department and I got a big booty so it cuts out some positions.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Let's Talk About Sex Baby!

• OrangeEv said:
    I totally sang this thread title
    Same. 

I've found that if I'm on top, I have to be sitting up. I can't bend over to kiss him or I smash the peanut. Missionary is also out because H is a big guy and smothers me even when I'm not pregnant. Doggy has been our go to but I have found it's a tad uncomfortable and requires extra lube. Plus, We're getting kinda bored with it. Interested to see what others suggest!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Loading the player...
  • mtgreen21mtgreen21 member
    edited April 2016
    Sitting on his lap always worked for us when belly gets in the the way and it has a different sensation. 
  • Go buy yourselves the liberator wedge. It was amazing thru my last pregnancy. 
    You're welcome  :p
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • Hmm..no sex here since BFP (FFFC?). He tried last night in the hotel room, but I just couldn't with DD sleeping in the crib right next to us. Then of course I felt guilty all night because it's the first time he's tried to initiate in forever.
  • @mrskratt, oh man, what is this liberator wedge you speak of?  I wanna get one, whatever that is!

I've always enjoyed girl on top, but i also like reverse cowgirl with both of us sitting.  Spooning is always a good position too!  
  • It shows all the different positions and everything!  I may be investing...

https://www.liberator.com/wedge.html

P.S. Also saw it on Amazon
  • I've been getting on top lately... We start side by side with all the kissing, touching, foreplay, etc. But, as we get more hyped up, I'll climb aboard. :)  I've never been a fan of doggy style cuz I hate how my boobs hang down, it just weirds me out. I suppose I could lean more in, like on my elbows, so just my booty is in the air...guess we'll see how that works as I grow...
  • We discovered a great position with my last pregnancy that I have no idea how to describe. It is more intimate than doggy, though. It's like missionary only I'm kind of on my side, with the bottom leg straight between DH's legs and top leg bent at the knee allowing him "access." I like to twist so my shoulders lay more flat on the bed and only my lower body is turned. This is, of course, only when I'm feeling like I want to be close. Otherwise, if I'm just straight out wanting sex, doggy is great. Also, spooning and letting him enter from behind is a good starter but it's tough to find a long lasting rhythm in that one. 
    BabyGaga
  • Hmm..no sex here since BFP (FFFC?). He tried last night in the hotel room, but I just couldn't with DD sleeping in the crib right next to us. Then of course I felt guilty all night because it's the first time he's tried to initiate in forever.
    We've only done it twice since our BFP. I kept telling DH sex would return to its normal frequency when I got to the second tri, but I'm 15w2d and we're still kind of stalled out. I've been compensating him in other ways, but the other night he told me he actually misses the intimacy of sex. I was kind of shocked by that and immediately felt guilty :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We aren't doing it (twice since conception.) but last time it really ramped up in second tri to the end.

Missionary was fine until closer to the end, but I needed pillows to support my back. Other than that it was me on top which helped me to be able to position my body how it needed to be. We aren't very exciting.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Right now, most positions are okay with me. But when I was bigger during my last pregnancy, we usually did the position that @LizaKate1213 described (I think?). Side by side was literally the only way it felt comfortable enough to have sex. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm 17 weeks and since our BFP it's been rare. More because of my then him. I teach special Ed preschool and even though it's the second trimester, I've been falling asleep by 9/9:30 and if he works overtime he doesn't even get home until 8 and then he eats dinner. We are going away for a weekend so I'm going to plan something special I hope!
    DS born 2016
  • We don't have a wedge but sometimes just use a couple pillows stacked under my butt.... 
    or doggy which I do end up leaning down more on my elbows because my boobs have not been appreciating the movement.
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Girl on top, til the end. 
  • We kinda just go with whatever does work. Usually missionary that turms into doggy style. But sometimes cowgirl to reverse cowgirl. Other times we spoon. One easy one for me is to lay on my side. Allow him to straddle one leg while the other is on his shoulder. 
  •  @JamieK1882 us either...... glad to know I'm not alone....

• This thread has made my day. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yeah lack of sex in my house too, I know it bothers him but I just don't want anything to do with it. Last weekend I asked if he wanted to try and he actually said that he was okay waiting knowing I wasn't feeling it..

SURPRISE

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sex is primarily me on top, but that is mostly because H has messed up back/shoulders from 2 car accidents and is in pain a lot. 

When I was PG with DS we did a lot of me on top, side laying (as has been described above) and doggy. I also enjoyed one of those small exercise balls under my back/hips to raise things up so that H can kneel between my legs. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• von1976von1976 member
    edited April 2016
    I'm actually having a really hard time. Nothing is comfortable, everything feels different, and I can't climax. I feel like DH is trying to be gentle with me because of the baby and it's totally throwing me off and making it super unsexy for me. Poor DH. He's trying, and he's being a good sport... but we have to get around this.

Early FFFC for those also admitting: we have not been having much sex since the BFP. Only twice, both in the last few weeks and both times unsatisfying for both of us. It's a goddamn bummer. I'm well into my 2nd tri (nearing 18 weeks), and have no problems masturbating, so I'm very frustrated.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• DH is so freaked out by it. He said he feels like "a child is in the room with us." At first I was pissed at him about it, and it was starting to come between us. Now I've found that sex is uncomfortable for me, so I don't even care anyway. We've done it maybe 5 times since BFP...usually reverse cowgirl or spooning. In addition to my physical limitations, we are also dealing with his weird psychological issues about pregnancy sex. He doesn't want to do it from behind, because he thinks it hurts me (and it doesn't) or is too "dirty" (we did it that way all the time before). He also can't see my belly during it or he will freak out... Gee thanks, that makes me feel even more sexy than I already feel. * sarcasm*. Even though I don't want it anyway, I'm kinda annoyed with him again just from typing this. Anyone else going through this?
  • We are literally all over the place but one we just did the other day that's hard to describe I can only say was like scissoring but he was of course inside me. We also did one where we were I was on my back laying sideways I suppose and he was on his side (we probably looked like a right angle?? Lol) that one was amazing. I'm also all for the laying on my back on the side of the bed while he stands up.
  • Im sorry @strickland8052 that really stinks and I hope for you he gets past it. I have the opposite problem, mine thinks im way sexier now and can't keep his hands off me which also gets annoying!
  • @ladyshark311 My husband is the same. He said when I'm pregnant, I'm so sexy. I told him he was a creep, hahaha
  • @rozANDbenSINCE2001Lmao!! Seriously mine wants me to get chubbier I swear! 
  • Are any of you ladies having to initiate. FI and i havd sex often, but usually i initiate. And when  i lovingky confront him about it he says its because he doesn't want to hurt me or the  baby, especially after 3 SCH bleeds. 
  • WildMamaWildMama member
    edited April 2016
    AWESOME thread. 

We just discovered reverse cowgirl with me adding extra stimulation from the front and him adding extra from behind. Good stuff. Never tried it before but hey, this belly is making us creative! Looking forward to more ideas here.

I'm 17 1/2 weeks btw.
  • Sex is still very present in our relationship.. probably every other day if not daily. Morning, night, whatever.. Any position.  I haven't gotten very big yet at about 16 weeks so I'm sure if I get bigger things may get uncomfortable but for now it's business as usual and I am not complaining!!
  • mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited April 2016
    @ladyshark311 @rozANDbenSINCE2001 That's how my dude is too. He said it's a primal thing, that's HIS baby, I'm HIS woman, and he just thinks it's really sexy.
    At least I have the comfort of knowing his desires won't stray when I'm a beached whale this summer!

We have gotten back to having a sex life finally, and now we are pretty much everyday or every other day, not too many restrictions yet, but I do have to keep my hands on his hips and push him away if he's going too deep. I can't be on top anymore, the angel is just downright painful now. But other than that, pretty much business as usual.

Edit because words.
  • I'm envious of you ladies.  Now that my cerclage has been placed to prevent preterm labor, DH and I are not allowed to have passionate encounters.  And wouldn't you know, I am at my horniest when preggers.

• Spooning position I find is the most comfortable and pleasurable. Doggy just makes my legs tired. 
  • CaptainPhasmaCaptainPhasma member
    edited April 2016
    My belly isn't big enough to get in the way yet - not looking forward to that.

Frequency / desire is pretty much what it was pre-pregnancy for us, which I'm glad about. 

My problem is after we have sex the whole next day I feel like I might be getting a UTI - frequent urge to pee, slight discomfort around the vagina / vulva, not really pain, mostly just annoying. It lasts like a day and then goes back to normal, no actual UTI develops (yay) and I forget about it, but it's annoying.

vvv Edit just to clarify, the sex doesn't last all day, just the weird almost UTI feeling vvv

• @CaptainPhasma Have you tired more lube and frequently reapplying??  I wish my hubby could go 20 minutes let alone all day.  I start getting into and the moaning start, and poof done.  :|  We've tried numbing, rings, the works and nothing helps, so he goes, and then I masturbate.  Fun times.

I do have to whine though.  After reading some great ideas, I dragged hubby to the bedroom to try them out.  We started with that one you ladies described about being on my side, him straddling my one leg, my other leg on his shoulder?  Well cause I'm plus size, my leg is heavy, and he has should issues, so I held my leg off to the side, but I started loosing feeling in my foot, and if I dropped my leg, it pushed him out....so then we changed it up, and did the one where he stands and I lay on the bed, but he feels awkward not leaning over me, and when he was, it was still great for me, but quickly caused pain in his shoulder....so to me on top we went (planned on starting there then switching to cowgirl)....yea he lost it.  Hence the whining.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @CaptainPhasma You're not alone. I feel like I have to pee fifteen times after sex and then I'm so paranoid I'm going to get a UTI for the whole next day. But like you, I haven't gotten one yet (knock on wood).
  • @captainphasma - oh! I have that feeling too! Except mine usually lasts about three days and one time I really did get a uti.
  • not trying to be nasty here but i must say. Also ladies, sometimes its just as pleasurable for us to watch one another masturbate. Or too give each other a hand job and "let go" on each other. and of course, if your into it, let's not forget the 69. there are plenty of ways to enjoy intamcy with your partner without feeling squished. 
  • I get the UTI feeling too, buy only after certain positions. 

@LauraPCOS I understand your frustration. FI gets off pretty quick most of the time, and if it's been a while, it has literally lasted barely 2 minutes before =/ But on the flip side, sometimes he doesn't get off at all which is equally frustrating because then he starts trying too hard because he is clearly getting insecure about it then it kills the mood. 
  • vcabbywvcabbyw member
    I don't even understand this too large business. We did a version of missionary position last go around until 40wks, and whatever else was good at the moment. Hips elevated, DH more in upright position to not suffocate me. 

Aint nothing gunna stop me ;)