August 2016 Moms

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • I like people touching my belly... (ok maybe not complete strangers but family, friends and even acquaintances... I don't mind!)
    I kind of don't mind it now too now since I am showing (if it's someone I know). When I wasn't showing a lady at work rubbed my belly and I thought that was creepy considering baby was probably the size of a jelly bean...
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Agreed. I actually just saw a FB post this morning that made me cringe because of this very reason @texasmama2014
  • I don't get the whole mustache/beard craze?! I don't hate them or love them, I could care less either way. Dh has a goatee but the rest of his face is clean shaven normally. It doesn't "turn me on" any more than if he only had a mustache or nothing. 
  • texasmama2014texasmama2014 member
    edited April 2016
    @emilymt06 Its so super disrespectful to not only biological/adoptive parents but to actual legit step parents who have been in the trenches.  I got real ragey this morning over a text from a friend.

ETA: I added in adoptive parents because I get that not all children are born into families.  No disrespect to anyone doing the parenting thing.
  • @SkiChic626 I feel like you are totally justified in this! Enjoy it!
  • I don't enjoy Game of Thrones. I watched the first 2 seasons but never really got into it. I don't know if this will be an UO on here, but among my friends/family I am basically shunned because of it!

• @bananers I've gained negative 2 lbs and eaten only pasta and ice cream... Is that normal?? I mean, my doctor isn't worried and I'm super naturally skinny so I've got this adorable bump...

<3 you!
    Teehee :blush: 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• I just stole pasta from the Take Your Child To Work lunch.....I figured, technically, I also brought my child to work with me today, too, so that counts, right?? LOL

Edit:  Maybe this is more of a FFFC, but I'm currently eating said pasta.
    @SkiChic626 i'm jealous i am starving but can't eat til after my glucose test but that sounds so good i want pasta for dinner and my pig out lbvs
  • @texasmama2014  I'm with you! My step-son's mom likes to bring every new boyfriend she dates into the picture super quickly and acts like they're at the same "level of importance" as me - his step-mom. Her newest boyfriend, whom she has been dating for an astonishing 2.5 months, has already come to every event (including a private tour for the parents at the school he'll be attending next year) and she's already talking about moving in with him, even though she just moved out of the last boyfriend's house in February, who was also treated as another "parent" in many ways as well. It's not good for the kids!

My UO for the day - it bothers me when people blame being overweight on having had a baby, when said baby is a toddler or older. There are a million different reasons that people struggle to lose/gain weight, but it can no longer be called "pregnancy weight", in my unpopular opinion, if your child is in Kindergarten. 
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • @michelle_shelle the best shower I have ever attended was co-ed so basically like a family/friend gathering. The mom & dad to be both participated in opening gifts and neither was the only center of attention. There were more people so there was still chatting and stuff going on also, not silence while mom is opening gifts. I thought it was such a good idea. Nobody felt awkward or out of place and the mom to be wasn't put on the spot completely.
  • I'm right there with you @michelle_shelle !  I am DREADING my shower in 2 weeks!  I hate being the center of attention, I can't stand people looking for a reaction from me - I would so rather be in the background if I had to go to a baby shower!  BUT I really do appreciate my families throwing the showers so I won't complain anywhere but here :) 

• @Alikay20 LOL, that is me with green Subaru foresters. I don't know what it is but people around here who drive green Subaru forresters drive around HUA and at least 10mph below the speed limit.

• @Allisun85 I feel that way about all Subaru drivers. In my state, they believe they own the road and everyone else driving should have to move around them while the putter along to their destination in the left lane. Oh, and no need to use a turn signal, ever! GRRRRR!
  • My UO is I cannot stand unsafe cyclists. I live in a more rural community which means two lane roads with no shoulder most of the time. We constantly encounter cyclists in groups riding two or more abreast. We live right near a huge bike path, so it's not like there isn't anywhere for them to go. I hear people who cycle always complain about cars, but it seriously needs to go both ways.
  • @Bookhousegirl I don't like Game of Thrones either!  I'm kind of a pariah among most of my friends/family because I dislike GoT, The Walking Dead and Dr. Who.

I like wedding and baby showers too-- but maybe because I only go to one every year or so.  If I had 42 cousins and had to go to all of their showers, it might get old fast. 

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • @AliKay20Sorry, not sorry from the Prius owner......I don't mind making you go around me if it means saving over $1000 a year in gas.  I don't have to go slow, I choose to go slow because I get more mpg.  Driving a Prius also got rid of my road rage since I am no longer trying to get around everyone.  
  • cm716 said:
    @1faceinacrowd I'm SO SO with you. I hate when moms say "well my normal weight is xxx but I haven't lost the weight from Johnny". And Johnny is four and she's had another baby since then. Oh so you haven't weighed that in five years? So, it's not your normal weight anymore.

Face it we're not going to weigh what we did when we were 20 years old and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Lol I fully admit that I didn't gain weight from being pregnant with DD, I gained all my weight after I had DD. It also makes this pregnancy harder starting at a higher weight. 
  • @bananers lol hey, don't you ever lose that swag. If one day I drive one of those...I hope to be as cool as you but let's hope I don't have to.

This reminds me of the couple from State Farm's "Never" commercial...

"We are never getting a mini van..."

and boop! Out we bring baby from the hospital, driving in a fking mini van Summer 2016. Ha! Oh and don't even get me started on those character stickers that represent all the family members... 
  • cm716 said:
    @1faceinacrowd I'm SO SO with you. I hate when moms say "well my normal weight is xxx but I haven't lost the weight from Johnny". And Johnny is four and she's had another baby since then. Oh so you haven't weighed that in five years? So, it's not your normal weight anymore.

Face it we're not going to weigh what we did when we were 20 years old and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Lol I fully admit that I didn't gain weight from being pregnant with DD, I gained all my weight after I had DD. It also makes this pregnancy harder starting at a higher weight. 
    I lost all my baby weight (and then some) after having DS1. Then I gained it all back (and then more) after weaning. So I started this pregnancy at a higher weight too. Now that I know how my body handles pregnancy, BFing and weaning, I'm going to be a lot more conscious of my diet and exercise after weaning this baby. 
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Happy to pass you if we're ever on the same road but I hope you at least have the decency to not drive in the left lane when you choose to slow down for your own gain. I certainly hope we don't face this situation when I'm on my way to the hospital (you're not in VA right?) @Sekerambo
  • AliKay20 said:
    Happy to pass you if we're ever on the same road but I hope you at least have the decency to not drive in the left lane when you choose to slow down for your own gain. I certainly hope we don't face this situation when I'm on my way to the hospital (you're not in VA right?) @Sekerambo
    Lol, I know where you're coming from. People can drive however slow or fast they choose as long as we aren't on a two lane road and they aren't going 10 under the speed limit in the left lane. I take the "10 mph speed window" to heart until here recently in NC where they're ticketing people left and right no matter how fast over the speed limit you're going. 
  • My UO is I cannot stand unsafe cyclists. I live in a more rural community which means two lane roads with no shoulder most of the time. We constantly encounter cyclists in groups riding two or more abreast. We live right near a huge bike path, so it's not like there isn't anywhere for them to go. I hear people who cycle always complain about cars, but it seriously needs to go both ways.
    @DressageDarling the other day, DH and I were crossing the street as it was clearly our walk sign to do so and what happens?

A cyclist isn't slowing down at all as we begin to cross the street. Instead, he thinks a red stoplight on his end does not apply to him and almost runs us over. I know this shouldn't be said but I thought, "Oh what would he do if there was a car that had the same right of way as us pedestrians?" 

And if he ran me over...or the stroller once baby comes...*shudder* Cyclists get away with all kinds of things but once we hear about their accidents, somehow they're never first to blame for the cause. They're so dangerous not just for cars but for pedestrians. Bike lanes don't do much esp. when people still ignore rules of the road and some just ride on the sidewalks. 
  • cm716cm716 member
    @bananers I always gain weight after I wean too! I hate it.
  • I get road rage (especially when pregnant) toward stupid drivers, so you definitely won't find me holding the entire highway up by driving in the left lane. @AliKay20