August 2016 Moms
Options

UO

2»

Re: UO

• Options
    My UO is I cannot stand unsafe cyclists. I live in a more rural community which means two lane roads with no shoulder most of the time. We constantly encounter cyclists in groups riding two or more abreast. We live right near a huge bike path, so it's not like there isn't anywhere for them to go. I hear people who cycle always complain about cars, but it seriously needs to go both ways.
    I get soooo mad at people riding bicycles in the crosswalk. If you're riding your bike in the road, you're a car. If you want to use the crosswalk, you're a pedestrian. You don't get it both ways. I've seen so many close call accidents because people on bikes (not necessarily cyclists) make up their own rules as pedestrians/using the bike lane. When you pedal across the sidewalk, you lose your right as a pedestrian and are not granted right-of-way. I'm fine with the bike lane and respecting cyclists because it's so common in Arizona due to the weather but jerky teens that don't respect the fact that busy cars and people walking are all around make my blood boil. 
    Baby #1: Palmer Olivia - October 2014
    Baby #2: Emmeline Grey - August 2016
    Baby #3: BFP 9/7/18  |  EDD 05/24/19
  • Options
    I'm sure I'm gonna rub some people the wrong way with this, but heck, isn't that what an UO is all about? My UO is that I cannot stand the idea of throwing a one year old a birthday bash. I'm all for a small family gathering with a little cupcake or smash cake, but I've seen people throwing huge parties for a child that A.) has no idea what is going on and B.) will not remember this. I'm pretty sure these events are more for the parents, but I just think it's major overkill. Heck, our kid probably won't have a "real" bday party until she's 3 or 4.

@AliKay20 - I totally agree with you about not even clicking on threads with grammatical errors. I'm that person on Facebook who corrects people with a simple "*too, not to" or "*you're, not your" in peoples posts. lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    One thing i hate is my mom's side of the family keeps judging me of how big i am. I still have a few months to go like damn, i did not know being big was a sin. Then my mom wonders why i stay away from all of them. 
  • Options
    ballofmeatballofmeat member
    edited April 2016
    cait5413 said:
    @AliKay20  The grammar errors drive me nuts as well, but what really bothers me is the people who can't be bothered to use periods in their posts. Reading them just infuriates me, and I want them to learn how to end a sentence or GET OFF THE BOARD. 
    Sometimes I wonder if these are the catfish people. It also drives me bonkers and I skip over these posts. Not just on this board, but other ones too. 

ETA: post was cut off. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Options
    @jamiesc58 My husband has a pretty impressive beard and I will admit I like him way better with it. I like running my fingers through his beard. His beard is SO SOFT! We also live in a beard craze area, so most of the beards I see are well kept and impressive. Mustaches on the other hand still creep me out. 
    Pregnancy Ticker