August 2016 Moms

How much weight so far?

2»

Re: How much weight so far?

• Goodness.... I'm only up 4 pounds at 24 weeks. Maybe it's because I still go to the gym 5 times a week? I still haven't gotten big enough to change pant sizes but baby girl is measuring 3 weeks large 
  • Loading the player...
  • Almost 23 weeks, and only 4/5 pounds. I'm hoping that's pretty good. I'm definitely not the smallest woman, but I was shapely (in a very good way) and now I just have a belly plus my regular body. I'm so cool with this, because it is my first baby and I was scared I was going to blow up. 
  • Had my 24wk appt yesterday. I've averaged 2lbs a wk the last 8 wks....I'm 5'6", now at 160 lbs. The heaviest I've ever been in my entire life. The doc didn't seem all too concerned...but I am. The last 2 appts her response is, "Just try to aim for 1lb a wk". Um,...how?? Typical preprego I range from 128-135 depending on my gym regimen. With DS I gained about 28 lbs for a max of 158.My biggest concern is how am I supposed to control my weight gain? I'm now 160 with 16wks still to go.  

I'm a former competitive runner, so diet wise I've stayed pretty consistent. I exercise daily and have kept my salt intake moderated the last 8wks; regardless my legs swell every night. The LO is measuring two wks ahead (still),  and the girls went from a small A to almost a D. They won't change the date, but I've been told several times the LO will prob come earlier than expected.
  • I've gained about 12 lbs so far at 23 weeks. I try to eat healthy and exercise but definitely indulge admittedly quite a bit! I'm hoping to gain a healthy amount but honestly, as long as baby is healthy, I'm happy! 
  • At my 25 week appt this past week I had gained right at 10 pounds. I gained 65 with DD but never really lost it all. Hoping that I don't pass my end weight with her this time. Totally dreading getting back into shape. 
  • So far I've gained 12 lbs at 25 weeks. I'm trying to stay at 25 or under for this pregnancy, and it's possible I might. But this is what is good for me, per my prebaby weight and my doctor. I'm not overweight, but my metabolism has definitely slowed in the last few years and I'm trying to avoid gaining too much as it will be harder to lose than with my first two. But I definitely give in to all my cravings, luckily this baby doesn't let me eat much in any one sitting, so I think he's helping me lol
  • I am plus sized, wear a size 18/20.  With my first pregnancy I was expecting to gain a lot, because I just assumed that was part of the deal.  But 1 week after giving birth I was back to my original start weight.   For this time around, I'm not weighing my self at home, but as of my appointment at 22 weeks I had gained nothing.  So I'm thinking I'll end up a lot like last time, ending about where I started. 

You really can't compare because everyone is different.  Before pregnancy I would do the elliptical for 30-40 minutes 3-4 times a week.  But I've totally stopped.  The first Trimester I was just too sick, and now I'm struggling with ligament pain.  I live in Orlando, so lots of walking theme parks on the weekends is my main exercise.  Just trying to keep moving! :) 

• I have gained 15 lbs at 21 weeks. I workout 3-4 times a week and try to make healthy food choices, trying not to worry too much about the weight gain. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I gained about 10lbs so far. Tomorrow i will hit my 25th week. I'm slightly overweight, so I'm hoping to gain no more than 20lbs total. 
  • Ugh - I have been scrolling past this thread since it started and now I feel fat!! I've gained 21 lbs and I'm 26 weeks.  

The problemo is my dr did say something, he said I need to exercise more vigorously.  He likes his patients (that started in normal bmi range prior to pregnancy) to gain approx 25/30 lbs and he's concerned since third tri is when people tend to gain the most.

I was a psycho gym rat before getting pg and now just walk and lift super light weights, plus yoga, so my intake is just about the same but, my output is way less so science says I'm a chunky monkey.  I have my next appointment next Thursday so I'm reallllly trying to stay on track. 

• Ugh - I have been scrolling past this thread since it started and now I feel fat!! I've gained 21 lbs and I'm 26 weeks.  

The problemo is my dr did say something, he said I need to exercise more vigorously.  He likes his patients (that started in normal bmi range prior to pregnancy) to gain approx 25/30 lbs and he's concerned since third tri is when people tend to gain the most.

I was a psycho gym rat before getting pg and now just walk and lift super light weights, plus yoga, so my intake is just about the same but, my output is way less so science says I'm a chunky monkey.  I have my next appointment next Thursday so I'm reallllly trying to stay on track. 

Don't feel bad! With my first I gained 65 pounds, I was super tiny before that and some of it was me catching up to a normal weight but at least 45 of that was from the pregnancy! 
  • @Mrsrundell, I also wouldn't feel bad.  If starting at a normal bmi then the normal recommendation is 25-35 pounds, a bit less strict than your doctor.   If you gain 1b pound a week from here on out, you will still be in the normal healthy weight gain range. 

I'm thinking once summer gets here and we all feel hot and swollen, there will probably be a tendency to eat much lighter and fresh foods. At least that's what I'm hoping will happen for me... :-)
  • Talking non-pregnancy.....Wow, some of you ladies who are 5'9 and 130....how do you do it???  I'm 5'10 and I've never been less than 160 since hitting puberty, and at 160 those were my college skinny mini in shape lifeguard days!
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• I actually haven't gained any. I'm 23 weeks now. I lost 10 in the first three months and haven't put any on since then. Probably for the best. My doctor doesn't care and doesn't even monitor my weight. He says if he sees a drastic gain he might then worry but not gaining any is fine. He said that woman have gone through famines and still given birth to healthy babies...
  • @skichic626 I think a lot of it depends on build. My healthy weight is in the 150's. I also ski, do yoga, and tend to have a bigger bone structure. I'm of native American ancestry, and heavy dense build absolutely runs in my family because of it. I get down in the 140's and people ask if I am sick, and start offering to feed me. I usually wear a size 6/8 at 5'5 and in the 150's. I've had friends twenty pounds lighter than me wearing a size 10, think for SURE I was lighter than them... Comparing yourself to anyone can be pretty useless.. especially relying on honesty in self disclosure on an anonymous internet forum ;)

It's amazing how different our bodies can be, person to person - and how weight alone is not really an indicator of ...much. And how much it can vary from one woman to another!

• djfras said:
    I actually haven't gained any. I'm 23 weeks now. I lost 10 in the first three months and haven't put any on since then. Probably for the best. My doctor doesn't care and doesn't even monitor my weight. He says if he sees a drastic gain he might then worry but not gaining any is fine. He said that woman have gone through famines and still given birth to healthy babies...
    I didn't gain any with DD until I was about 23 weeks, as well, and I had lost maybe 6-8 in the first trimester but it took a long time for me to put it back on.  Totally normal!  Interestingly enough, overall I looked a lot bigger and heavier with DD, but this time I've gained 8 lbs and with her I hadn't really gained any at this point but my body was carrying very different.  Every pregnancy is sooooo different.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• pre pregnancy weight was 153 i am now 172 so gained some weight