April 2016 Moms

**The Everything Random Thread for April Mamas**

Re: **The Everything Random Thread for April Mamas**

• WiseUsagi said:
    Omg you guys. I'm waiting at the doctor's office and apparently the walls are super thin here because I can hear EVERYTHING going on in the next exam room. Anyway this elderly, super southern lady is getting her lady bits checked out. The male doctor starts the exam and is like

"Um has anyone ever told you your bladder is falling out?"
    Lady: no....
    Dr: you can't feel that bulge? It's literally falling out of your vagina...
    Lady: Oh myyyyy

like how do you not feel something falling out of your cooch?!? I knew about bladder prolapse but I didn't Realize it could like actually COME OUT of your vajayjay.
    I don't think that's anatomically possible if she still has her uterus...
    A high majority of elderly women have had full hysterectomies, so there's a very good chance that she does not have one. (Purely anecdotal based on taking PMHX on hundreds of geriatric patients over the last couple of years.)

Nevertheless, bladder prolapse.. because being a woman isn't rewarding enough as it is.
  • cmjenkies said:
    WiseUsagi said:
    Omg you guys. I'm waiting at the doctor's office and apparently the walls are super thin here because I can hear EVERYTHING going on in the next exam room. Anyway this elderly, super southern lady is getting her lady bits checked out. The male doctor starts the exam and is like

like how do you not feel something falling out of your cooch?!? I knew about bladder prolapse but I didn't Realize it could like actually COME OUT of your vajayjay.
    A high majority of elderly women have had full hysterectomies, so there's a very good chance that she does not have one. (Purely anecdotal based on taking PMHX on hundreds of geriatric patients over the last couple of years.)

Nevertheless, bladder prolapse.. because being a woman isn't rewarding enough as it is.
    My mom just had surgery for this and more. She said she could feel the difference of when it became more severe. She started developing this after she gave birth to me and my sister- didn't push right? Idk sorry don't mean to scare anyone.
  • Loading the player...
  • WiseUsagi said:

It can't fall off but it can prolapse significantly… So does the rectum.
  • cmjenkies said:
    WiseUsagi said:

I know a lady who has a uterine prolapse, which sounds equally awful. Also, hysterectomies are awful. My mom had it when I was in high school (plus tubes, I'm forgetting the correct term but it starts with an o) and her hormones were so out of whack....
  • cmjenkies said:
    WiseUsagi said:

I know a lady who has a uterine prolapse, which sounds equally awful. Also, hysterectomies are awful. My mom had it when I was in high school (plus tubes, I'm forgetting the correct term but it starts with an o) and her hormones were so out of whack....
    Oophorectomy = ovaries out.
    salpingectomy = tubes out
    salpingo-oophorectomy = tubes and ovaries out.
  • thaisac1 said:
    cmjenkies said:
    WiseUsagi said:

Oophorectomy = ovaries out.
    salpingectomy = tubes out
    salpingo-oophorectomy = tubes and ovaries out.
    Thanks for coming to my rescue :D 
  • omg i am catching up on grey's anatomy and I am so glad that my baby is out. If you still have an inside baby, do NOT watch this season of grey's. just fyi.
  • yodiggity said:
    omg i am catching up on grey's anatomy and I am so glad that my baby is out. If you still have an inside baby, do NOT watch this season of grey's. just fyi.
    Oh God that episode made my stomach turn. Normally stuff like that doesn't bother me at all but having just had my LO and having had a c section OMG it was so bad.
  • We have three "baby stations" in the house. His room, our room, and the living room. The living room is right next to the kitchen, has his little rocker, and in general has proven to be the easiest for midnight feedings because I can hang out on the couch with him without waking my husband in the bedroom. So I have taken to just sleeping on the couch, because fuck it, I'm going to end up back there in 3 more hours... 

Now I'm really sad about that even though it's been my own doing. I miss waking up next to my husband!
  • I going to temporarily fire my parents as grandparents and not expect their support. They are extremely ridiculous right now because I was expecting my mom to come help for two days after my MIL as planned but now that there are set days and times they are just not cooperating and talking shit. I don't want them around with that drama. I'm already stressed enough with my breastfeeding issues. 
  • I just can't seem to ever fully wake up. Can't wait till baby is gaining weight properly and we don't have to feed every 2 hours!
  • yodiggity said:
    omg i am catching up on grey's anatomy and I am so glad that my baby is out. If you still have an inside baby, do NOT watch this season of grey's. just fyi.
    I WISH I HAD SEEN THIS BEFORE. I WATCHED THEM. FUCKED ME UP REAL GOOD
  • We have three "baby stations" in the house. His room, our room, and the living room. The living room is right next to the kitchen, has his little rocker, and in general has proven to be the easiest for midnight feedings because I can hang out on the couch with him without waking my husband in the bedroom. So I have taken to just sleeping on the couch, because fuck it, I'm going to end up back there in 3 more hours... 

Now I'm really sad about that even though it's been my own doing. I miss waking up next to my husband!
    Same here. I have slept on the couch every night for almost three weeks now. :-1: 

• @yodiggity Where is the light at the end of this tunnel????
  • yodiggity said:
    We have three "baby stations" in the house. His room, our room, and the living room. The living room is right next to the kitchen, has his little rocker, and in general has proven to be the easiest for midnight feedings because I can hang out on the couch with him without waking my husband in the bedroom. So I have taken to just sleeping on the couch, because fuck it, I'm going to end up back there in 3 more hours... 

Same here. I have slept on the couch every night for almost three weeks now. :-1: 

I just got off the couch last week. I missed my husband too much. LO sleeps better when laying on my chest on the couch but I'm determined for him to learn to sleep in his bassinet on his own and for me to have my bed back! 
  • I am determined to get this kid to sleep in his bassinet tonight. Since birth (9 days old), he's slept on my chest. Every time I put him down in his bassinet, he rolls to his side. My ped said it was fine as long as I always lay him down on his back, but it still stresses me out. We had the same problem with DD and ended up bed sharing until she was 9 months old. While it was sweet and I loved the closeness, it doesn't really let anyone sleep well. It also made transitioning her to a crib super hard. I'm afraid we're going to end up in the same boat. 
  • I am determined to get this kid to sleep in his bassinet tonight. Since birth (9 days old), he's slept on my chest. Every time I put him down in his bassinet, he rolls to his side. My ped said it was fine as long as I always lay him down on his back, but it still stresses me out. We had the same problem with DD and ended up bed sharing until she was 9 months old. While it was sweet and I loved the closeness, it doesn't really let anyone sleep well. It also made transitioning her to a crib super hard. I'm afraid we're going to end up in the same boat. 
    I am an accidental bedsharer. LO sleeps anywhere except for the crib, preferably in my arms. :frowning: At the moment I've given up my crib hopes but will make more of an effort when LO sleeps longer than a 2.5 hour stretch. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • yodiggity said:
    We have three "baby stations" in the house. His room, our room, and the living room. The living room is right next to the kitchen, has his little rocker, and in general has proven to be the easiest for midnight feedings because I can hang out on the couch with him without waking my husband in the bedroom. So I have taken to just sleeping on the couch, because fuck it, I'm going to end up back there in 3 more hours... 

I've been sleeping in an air mattress in the nursery so I can keep an eye on L in his crib; but I have only done this because my husband and mom take "shifts" at night and I don't want my husband to wake up when it's not his "shift". My mom goes back to Brazil today though, so I'll go back to my bed and L will sleep in the Nuna Sena.,. Let's hope it goes well! 
  • Can I whine for a second? I tried so hard to make my first day with both kids work. I tried to take them to the park because DD has been neglected. Well, It was super windy and DS just screamed and screamed so I had to nurse and hold him the whole time further neglecting DD. After that, it was a series of small failures. To really add insult to injury, at bath time DD told me that I was hurting her feelings, she missed me, and she was sorry for not listening today. I haven't cried that hard in a long time. Please tell me it gets better.
  • Can I whine for a second? I tried so hard to make my first day with both kids work. I tried to take them to the park because DD has been neglected. Well, It was super windy and DS just screamed and screamed so I had to nurse and hold him the whole time further neglecting DD. After that, it was a series of small failures. To really add insult to injury, at bath time DD told me that I was hurting her feelings, she missed me, and she was sorry for not listening today. I haven't cried that hard in a long time. Please tell me it gets better.
    It gets better! Just try to get a routine down for now to spend time with DD each day and then you can start going to parks and other fun activities. It has made so much easier to do it that way for us. Good luck momma! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited April 2016
    I'm pretty sure Lindy is emotionally scarred after we watched "Up" tonight. For the record, it's more violent than I remembered, and definitely not sensitive, no-nap three-year-old appropriate.

After we finished it, I asked her if she liked it and she said no and "some parts were a little bit scary for me to watch." :(
    kids with flags
  • @K&Elizabeth Ugh, sorry!  I've been going to the playground with both since like 2 weeks bc LO1 is like a greyhound and if he's not exercised bad things happen. It can definitely be harrowing. I have a pretty sleepy baby, so for me it's less dealing with nursing and more trying to keep the toddler from killing himself and to leave the park before midnight without being able to manhandle him as much as I used to (since the baby is in a front wrap). 
  • Also, taking the baby with me to a dental cleaning today. Send me good luck vibes. I hope the staff don't think I'm crazy. 
  • It's 11:45 p.m. DS has been awake for 3 hours. Every time he starts to fall asleep, he pees and wakes himself up. he hates getting his diaper changed and the only thing that calms him is the boob. No pacifier will do. Thus, the vicious cycle. It's gonna be a long night.  :(
  • Holy blow out. Definitely the biggest poop ever! Out both sides and the back! 

@myla14 how did it go at the dentist? I have an app Friday but I feel like thst would be awkward having LO sitting there haha, but I guess if I didn't have the choice than I'd bring her!
  • also...this happened the other day. So glsd I wasn't under it with LO when it fell. DH was super mad tho cause these shelves were the devil from the get go and it managed to crack my tablet (still usable which is ok for me). It's been a stressful few days to say the least!
  • also...this happened the other day. So glsd I wasn't under it with LO when it fell. DH was super mad tho cause these shelves were the devil from the get go and it managed to crack my tablet (still usable which is ok for me). It's been a stressful few days to say the least!
    Oh my goodness! Good thing no one was hurt! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Many first child here is driving me insane. Apparently he is feeling neglected and like and child is taking it out on me by misbehaving. He has never, not once missed his litterbox but for the past week he has gone exclusively right NEXT to his litter box. I do not have time for this buddy! I fee so bad because he's used to getting so much attention and having free run of the house but right now parts of the house are blocked off to him and obviously I can't give him as much attention as he's used to.

Anyone else's fur kids being an asshole since you brought baby home? Our dog totally doesn't care. She completely ignores LO other than occasionally licking BM off of him  :D
  • WiseUsagi said:

Many first child here is driving me insane. Apparently he is feeling neglected and like and child is taking it out on me by misbehaving. He has never, not once missed his litterbox but for the past week he has gone exclusively right NEXT to his litter box. I do not have time for this buddy! I fee so bad because he's used to getting so much attention and having free run of the house but right now parts of the house are blocked off to him and obviously I can't give him as much attention as he's used to.

Anyone else's fur kids being an asshole since you brought baby home? Our dog totally doesn't care. She completely ignores LO other than occasionally licking BM off of him  :D

I have 2 weenie dogs, the male doesnt seem to care at all about the baby but the female I think is stressed out by having her home life upset. She hardly eats at all. We normally feed our dogs breakfast and supper, but in the last 3 1/2 weeks she has not eaten more than one meal a day, and sometimes she just skips both meals altogether. She has always been more of DH's dog, and still gets a bunch of attention from him. But, she is kinda fat, so I dont think it will hurt her too much to lose a little weight. I do feel a little bad, but I'm not too worried about her yet.
  • @redselig yeah I'm just so thankful I wasn't sitting under it when it fell. DH was going to get a book off it when it fell. It grazed his chest, but he is okay!
  • Just need to vent a little. 

Anyone else feel like there is never a good time for visitors to come over and see the baby? Lola is either sleeping, screaming to be fed or being breast fed. Everyone has really good intentions but none of it seems to help! It just honestly makes me feel more stressed out. Then I feel guilty that I am not coming across as more greatul. Ugh I don't know if this is hormones or what but I am just not feeling like myself. 

Anyone else feel like there is never a good time for visitors to come over and see the baby? Lola is either sleeping, screaming to be fed or being breast fed. Everyone has really good intentions but none of it seems to help! It just honestly makes me feel more stressed out. Then I feel guilty that I am not coming across as more greatul. Ugh I don't know if this is hormones or what but I am just not feeling like myself. 
    Absolutely! Visitors stress me out almost more than anything else. I feel like I almost need to schedule DS around THEIR schedule rather than the other way around. :( Ugh!

Absolutely! Visitors stress me out almost more than anything else. I feel like I almost need to schedule DS around THEIR schedule rather than the other way around. :( Ugh!
    Thank you for saying that @ladylolly89...just needed to know I wasn't the only one!

Yup, there's never a good time and it stresses me out a bit. I'm the type of person that likes to tidy up before someone comes over and I can no longer maintain that facade. I tell people to come over within a certain time frame and don't really care if it's not the opportune time for them to hold my baby. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Yeah, and they ALL seem to want to come on Saturdays. So I have a flood of people inviting themselves over every weekend, all competing for the same time slots. At this point I've just started saying a very rude "no". Sleep and me-time is more important. I have to become myself again at some point.
  • myla14myla14 member
    Dentist was fine!  The cubicles were tiny so the receptionist watched him up front for my whole appt, but he slept the whole time:). 
  • What's everyone doing for their first Mother's Day?!

On a side note..we just introduced the pacifier to LO(she's 4 weeks on Wed)..was nervous about that xD

• @BeatboxBaby Mine just took a pacifier too! He had been spitting out every brand for the first two weeks, which surprised us because the little preemie sized soothies they gave him in the NICU seemed to calm him so nicely. Now, at three weeks, he is finally taking an Avent pacifier that has kind of a differently shaped nipple. I'm so relieved.