February 2016 Moms
Options

Bleeding willy nilly

Anyone else having a lot of breakthrough bleeding? I quit postpartum bleeding somewhere in the 5th week. Then got what I thought was a period during 7 weeks pp. That lasted like 10 days. Light bleeding no real clots and barely any cramping. I finally quit bleeding. That lasted about a week or so then baby started going 7 hrs at night without eating a couple times. Started lightly bleeding again with very light cramping. What the hell is this?! Fluctuating hormones from breastfeeding I'm thinking. Anyone else? It's getting real old and my husband thinks I'm just doing it to avoid having sex with him. Lol!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bleeding willy nilly

• Options
    I stopped bleeding at 5 and started spotting again at 7w. MW said at my appt it was probably leftover PP bleeding. If the bleeding started up again after a change in BFing (longer stretches), it could be your period, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes! I stopped bleeding Around 4 or 5 weeks PP. started bleeding around 9 weeks PP and have been bleeding intermittently ever since, which has been 2 1/2 weeks. Not enough to use tampon, but enough to need a panty liner. I had my annual exam today and I let the doctor know. She gave me a pregnancy test- I was like nooooo way can I be pregnant. She said it was odd that I was having such sporadic bleeding, but she is starting me on the pill tonight and she said that should level out the inconsistent bleeding. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wanted to get back to normal cycles before starting a birth control. I'm considering mirena. Never had an iud before though.
  • Options
    I wanted to get back to normal cycles before starting a birth control. I'm considering mirena. Never had an iud before though.
    I just got one 2 days ago (first one). I heard they're a little less uncomfortable to get them put in sooner than later postpartum because your cervix is a little more open, but not sure if that's true or rumor.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    VitaLuna said:
    I just got one 2 days ago (first one). I heard they're a little less uncomfortable to get them put in sooner than later postpartum because your cervix is a little more open, but not sure if that's true or rumor.
    It's absolutely true. I had the Mirena put in at my 6 week follow up after my son 3.5 years ago. My OB said I was still very slightly dilated so it made insertion much easier. And I think she was right because getting it taken out felt worse than getting it put in.

• Options
    Good to know. I had some pretty severe periods that started about a year before getting pregnant. They came out of nowhere. I had a pap and even a endometrial biopsy to try and rule out anything abnormal that came back normal. My mom actually passed away due to what started as endometrial cancer. So I'm extremely paranoid about it and was hoping that my body would sort of reset after pregnancy. I just want to put my mind at ease before putting an iud in.