Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

D&C questions

I had my D&C yesterday. I had no symptoms of a MMC other than no heartbeat and still have had no spotting even after the D&C. When should I expect to start bleeding? 

Re: D&C questions

• Options
    I am so sorry for you loss. I was in the exact same situation. I actually had minimal spotting, not even enough for a pad after my d&c. Most people seem
    to only experience a light amount for a day or two depending on how thorough it was. Everyone's experience is a little different 
  • Options
    Everyone is different, I bled like medium/heavy flow for about 4 days and then spotted for about 2 weeks. My hcg levels were on the higher side though so took longer to get out of my system...I also had a mmc at 9 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I bled immediately, I went to the bathroom in recovery and there was blood. I didn't have much bleeding though. 
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I spotted for 16 days after my d/c they have not checked my hcg level and I haven't taken an at home test. I am nervous it might still be positive I had my d/c on March 30 
  • Options
    @Hopefulmommy1980 it's likely you have some residual hcg still being not that far out from D&C, but everyone is different. 

@Hopietaylor91 I have had two D&C's with two vastly different experiences. Both were done with a baby that stopped growing at about 6.5 weeks. After the first I bled for some time, but I have a feeling the OB did not completely get everything out. I bled for maybe a week, stopped, and then had some spotting randomly for a couple days, and then AF about four weeks out. This most recent time I spotted lightly for about 5 days and then stopped completely. Now waiting for AF. It can be different for everyone, though. I'm very sorry for your loss. 
  • Options
    I am currently 5 days post D&C and have had almost no bleeding. There was some right after the procedure, but that was from the actual procedure itself. I was given a medication to help stop bleeding that I took two times the day of, three times the following day, and once the day after that. I think it helped quite a bit with not having much bleeding. The doctor who did the D&C also did an ultrasound when she thought everything was out, but then went back in for one more sucking because she saw a tiny bit more and wanted to make sure everything was out.

I too was expecting a lot of blood based on others stories I had read, and I'm still kinda expecting some bleeding to just randomly start in the next two weeks, but only time will tell.

I hope that you are able to take care of yourself during this challenging time.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    I am 2 weeks out from D&C.  I had light spotting immediately and for about 4 days.  I thought it was stopping, but on the 5th day it started up again and was like a light period.  That tapered off after about 3-4 days too and then dark brown old blood spotting.  It's just now stopped over the past weekend.  
    Me: 1979 * Husband: 1976 * Little girl: 2010 * Little guy: 2013 * MMC: 2016 * Last baby: EDD 2/11/17!  
  • Options
    I have not had a D&C but just wanted to say I'm very sorry for your loss. Hugs 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    So sorry for your loss, first off. I am now a little other 3 weeks post d&c. I bleed relatively heavily the first night after the procedure, then only spotted for about 6 days after. By the 4th day it was barely anything. It seems like every person is different in this regard. 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Married April 2014
    TTC since December 2015
    1st BFP: February 8, 2016; MMC at 7 weeks, 3 days; Discovered at 10 weeks; D&C March 25
    2nd BFP: June 20, 2016; CP June 22, 2016
    3rd BFP: August 13, 2016!!  Fingers crossed!!

• Options
    I had light/medium bleeding the day of and the next day. I didn't really have any cramping and had light spotting for a few days. But about 2 weeks after my d&c I had a huge gush of blood and cramping. This happened out of the blue and luckily I was at home when it happened. I had a few more gushes that evening and then spotting for another day or two. I don't want to scare you or anything, just be prepared that strange things can happen after a mc. 
    Pregnancy Ticker