Baby Names
Options

Kip?

HMLandersHMLanders member
edited April 2016 in Baby Names
It's very early in my pregnancy and I'm trying not to think too hard about names yet, but for whatever reason the name Kip keeps popping up in my mind if I have a boy. Part of me thinks it would be better to use that as a nickname instead- but the full names that I've seen (Kipton, Kipling, Kristopher) I don't like. Anyway, I'm not completely sold on the name and I do have plenty of time to consider others, but would love some of your thoughts on the name? Maybe other suggestions?

edit: I type too fast sometimes
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Kip?

• Options
    would not use it as first name
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about Kiptyn 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    I think you can use the nick name Kip even if you're son's name doesn't start with a "Kip."

Kevin
    Kelly
    Kyle
    Keenan
    Keirnan
    etc...

To me it's similar to using Harry as a nickname for Henry or Jack as a nn for Johnathan
  • Options
    @klirwin82

I can't love tit that enough 

• Options
    I think of Kip Moore the country singer. I think it would be fine on its own.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @klirwin82 I opened this post solely to post a Napoleon Dynamite picture. I'm so sad that you beat me to it lol
  • Options
    I wouldn't use it as a first name. I agree with the PP that a name wouldn't necessarily have to have "Kip" in it, for it to be a nickname. 
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I immediately thought of Kip Thorne, the physicist. 

Theere re are worse names, but there's many better ones too. I would probably use it as a nickname only. I met someone who used Kip as a nickname for Christopher and I thought that was rather interesting. 
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • Options

I immediately thought of Kip Throne, the physicist. 

Theere re are worse names, but there's many better ones too. I would probably use it as a nickname only. I met someone who used Kip as a nickname for Christopher and I thought that was rather interesting. 
    Better.
  • Options
    I know of 2 different men named Martin that go by the name Kip. Is Kip somehow a NN for Martin?
  • Options
    I know a Kipp and a Kip (both adults). Neither have "full" names. I actually like Kip/Kipp, and think that names like Kipling and Kipton sound like something made up to try and make a full name for a Kip/Kipp. 
  • Options
    Kyptonite. NN Kyp. 
    Fantastic! 

OP, Kip seems like a nn of the guy at the country club with two Lacoste polos on (popped collars, of course) and a sweater wrapped around his neck. Now...I guess that's fine if that's what you're into but I feel like it's something that should be come to organically and not forced onto a child.
  • Options
    HMLandersHMLanders member
    edited April 2016
    thanks for all the suggestions! I didn't know it was the guy in Napoleon dynamite lol. Good call! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    little_brenlittle_bren member
    edited April 2016
    NAF

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's cute! I like it. It's short, strong and playful-sounding to my ear.

Side note: Don't go with it if you plan on moving to the Netherlands, though. Kip is the Dutch word for chicken.
  • Options
    I knew a kid named Cooper nn Kip.
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married: 04/05/15
    TTC since: 02/16/16