September 2016 Moms
Options

FTM Weekly Check-In 4/13

Starting this now due to other September FTMs agreed this would be nice to have.  I think having this every wednesday would be great, however if majority rules for a different day and how often this occurs, I am all for it and not the type to be "I started the thread. Its MY choice"

I am also going to start this one today with some generic questions but if anyone else has suggestions on great questions different from our normal ticker change threads pertaining to being a FTM, that would be great!

I would also like to add that any STM or *insert how many kids you have*moms would like to read and give advise are absolutely welcome.

How many weeks?

Any Movement?

Team Blue/Pink/Green/Purple

Worst advise that has been given to you to date?

Best advise that has been given to you to date?

Current fears/anxieties?

Random GTKY Question? Since its the first , give a small  (or big whichever you prefer) intro about you and SO?

Again like I said these questions can be changed/added to whatever works.

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FTM Weekly Check-In 4/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Jabreen Wasn't me but I forgot about that post in the beginning. That made me giggle too because I handle receipts along with money all day. 

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @RG1  oh my goodness that's a horrible thing to say to you! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @Megan324 yeah she has said some pretty outrageous things! Everything has to go wrong in her mind. She also said I better get a good anesthesiologist for an epidural or else I'll be paralyzed from the waist down :neutral: 

@jhems776 I also can't stand that terrible advice. "Sleep while you can!" Like I didn't realize having a kid changes your sleep cycles. NOT HELPFUL INFO! 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @RG1 - LOL the sleep while you can advice! As if I'm not already clocking 12ish hours a night... 
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @PoodleDoodleOoo one night my dog was up all night freaking out about thunder and everyone at work was like "oh she's just giving you practice for the baby!". Pissed me off so much even though I don't know why!
  • Options
    jhems776jhems776 member
    edited April 2016
    Another question I think would be fun for next week.  What products were you wowed by (good or bad) that you didn't know existed.  
  • Options

Current fears/anxieties? - That I'm not gaining enough weight, I have gained 4lbs since the start of this pregnancy. It just doesn't feel like enough. 

Jumping in because while I haven't been participating here I am a FTM due in September. At my last dr appt at 16 weeks + a few days I had only gained 3 - 4 pounds. My dr was not in any way concerned at all. He said some people are just slower to gain at the beginning then catch up later.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @AlwaysAuntNeverMom she works as a lab tech so she is always in a hospital environment and mostly sees the negative things (healthy people don't need blood work for scary things). I told her she was being ridiculous and she said 'well I'm a medical professional' so I said "well take off your medical hat and put on your mom hat!!!" She hasn't said anything like that since so hopefully she learned her lesson
  • Options
    @AlwaysAuntNeverMom Looks like your timing is pretty similar to mine, for loss and pregnancy.  I didn't participate much in July 16, but I think you were there, right?  I didn't expect to get a BFP so soon after a November miscarriage, but I ended up having to use my D&C date for LMP!  I think that's adding to my concerns, that maybe my body wasn't ready, but then again, everything is good so far this time.  I'm glad for all the PGAL ladies, but I'm especially happy for you to have had another chance so soon.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Jabreen yeah, I was also in July '16! I was due June 27th by O date and July 1st by LMP so I hung out in July to be safe. I had an early MC with Cytotec and I had a period in between the loss and the BFP. I'm so happy seeing other PGAL moms since it's so hard and not everyone  (at least not many people in my family or circle of friends) always gets it.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    Another question that might be fun next week would be "what things have you already bought for the baby"
  • Options
    @DanyTargaryen good to know I have somthing to look forward too! That does make me feel better, thank you! 
  • Options

How many weeks?

17 weeks tomorrow! (Time is going quickly!)

Any Movement?

Yes, off and on for a few weeks now. Just little flutters though today I felt two distinct jabs.

Team Blue/Pink/Green/Purple

We haven't found out yet - should find out on the 26th! I can't wait to finally know even though I'm happy with either.

Worst advise that has been given to you to date?

I haven't received much advice yet, but I'm sure it's coming haha!

Best advise that has been given to you to date?

Some of my friends swear by having a change table on each floor so you don't have to go upstairs for each changing. Also, people suggesting to take time to sleep while baby sleeps instead of feeling like you have to do chores all the time.

Current fears/anxieties?

In between ultrasounds I get nervous hoping everything is ok with baby. Also, I've been having bad and scary dreams so that's been getting to me. I have to travel across the country next week for work and that makes me a little nervous even if it is safe. That aside, my work doesn't have a set maternity policy so it's impossible to plan for my leave as I won't know how long I get until when I'm off! Kind of frustrating.

Random GTKY Question? Since its the first , give a small  (or big whichever you prefer) intro about you and SO?

I met my husband in late 2008 at work. Love at first sight I guess you could say! I moved to the USA about 4 years ago and I've been married for just about three years now. We are both beyond excited to start this next chapter! Unfortunately, our families don't live close so we don't have a big support system nearby, but I think we will manage just fine. 

• Options

How many weeks? 17w5d

Any Movement? I am pretty sure I felt a couple of jabs yesterday after eating a couple of chocolates mid afternoon at my desk. Also, in bed at night, I am beginning to feel "something", it's hard to describe so I think it is just a matter of time now before it is more obvious.

Team Blue/Pink/Green/Purple Team BLUE!!

Worst advise that has been given to you to date? Push through the fatigue. Um no, that is the worst advise and subsequently gave me the WORST headaches. Give me my sleep!

Best advise that has been given to you to date? Probably the best advise so far has been to ignore the advise being given. As my friend put it the other day, everyone will want to tell you their experience, what worked for them, what you should or shouldn't do about pregnancy, birth, your body, your baby, your nursery, your sleep patterns, etc.  You do what works for you do and what you want and ignore the rest and if in doubt, ask your physician.

Current fears/anxieties? How am I going to get everything done that I want before this baby comes. Is it realistic for me to continue working full time, juggle summer school, grow a baby, plan and buy the nursery/baby items without burning myself out.

Random GTKY Question? Since its the first , give a small  (or big whichever you prefer) intro about you and SO? I met my now fiance at work in 2008 and we started dating in 2009.  In fact, he used to report to me when he first started at the company which we laugh about now! When we started dating, I knew that this relationship was not like any of my other ones - I was happier with him (and with myself) than I'd ever been.  We never rushed our relationship, took our time to get to know each other, traveled when we could and he proposed on our 6 year anniversary.  We started planning our wedding for September 2016, took a fun vacation to Asia over the Christmas holidays and discovered I was pregnant about a week after we returned to Canada and you know the rest :D Needless to say, we are thrilled (surprised at first), have decided to postpone the wedding and are now planning to be parents.  I am 35 and he is 34, we'd talked about starting a family after we got married but apparently life decided to advance that for us!