Breastfeeding
Options

Sleeping through the night!

Hi everyone, 

At 12 weeks baby has just started sleeping through the night, yay! I'm exclusively breastfeeding and not pumping at all yet. Might start a small supply for babysitters soon. 

The first night she slept through I understandably woke up engorged with me and my sheets covered in milk. She had previously only gone 5 hours max and now we're talking >7. On the second night I doubled up on breast pads which contained most of the damage.

I assume my supply will even out with this new routine? I.e. Stop producing at night? How long did it take for you all? Any other tips?  

Thanks x

(Also posting in Jan 16 board) 

Re: Sleeping through the night!

• Options
    It will balance out eventually but you won't stop completely producing at night your supply will just even out. Depends on your body.
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    My baby has been sleeping 5+ hours since 4 weeks so I'll pump before I go to sleep, feed her from one boob when she wakes up and then pump after that feeding. 
    Good luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine has been sleeping at least 5 hours at a time for a few weeks now. I still wake up really full and if I don't have pads on my sheets are soaked. I do what pp does and pump the other side after she does her one middle of the night feeding. I usually get about 5 oz so then I either have a full bag to freeze or enough for a couple
    of bottles for DH to use