Infertility
Options

IVF $$$

2»

Re: IVF $$$

• Options
    wifeinraleigh my fingers are crossed for you. What is your meds list? I hope you have less than me. Luckily I got to skip out on the birth control pills. I basically got everything already and omg there is so much!! Two huge boxes!!
  • Options
    @Drove2u I haven't received my med list yet.  All I know is that if I qualify for the clinical trial it will either be menopur OR gonal f since the whole purpose of the study is to compare the two.  I don't know what additional meds will be part of it though.  Also don't know what my meds will be if I don't qualify and we go with my RE's original protocol but I have a feeling it is going to be a very long list like yours and extremely expensive! :(
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The total for all my meds was a little over $12000. We would've had to take out a bank loan or skipped Ivf. 
  • Options
    @Drove2u lol...yay! I only guessed that cause your list of meds sounded pretty familiar. I won't be getting my "official" list for a bit, but the general info packet I got at the last appointment had that exact list... :smile: 
  • Options
    My meds get delivered tomorrow and I was charged a minimal amount which was great. I have to take a zpack again the week of the retrieval. I'm taking follistim, menopur, gonal f, medrol, lupron, progesterone oil, hcg, and ganerelix. 
  • Options
    @Drove2u OMG $12k???  That is INSANE.  I was told it would only be around $3k!  Kinda freaking out a little bit...
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    @Drove2u sorry about the expense for meds. I just don't understand why meds aren't covered. What place do you get your meds through? I do freedom
  • Options
    Ultratomato my meds were covered. Only about $200 in total. But I got the statement from insurance with the actual amounts just for injectables and it was $12000. I got my last med today which was $119 but I had to pay $12. 
    Wifeinraleigh: I hear most people pay the amount you said because it is covered that way. My statement said $12k so that's what insurance paid. 
  • Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    @ wifeinraleigh  You might check to see if you qualify for a discount on some of the medications. I had some websites from my RE's office that I was told to go to and apply for the discounts. Also, the pharmacy we had to go through had a discount program that we applied to and received. I ended up getting a couple of discounts on some of my medication. We had to pay out of pocket for the meds but then file a claim with insurance. The first time it was around $4200 for follistim, menupor, omnitrope, pregnyl, and lupron.  That was with the 25% off discount on a couple of them. From what I was told some can get up to 50% off. 
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Options
    Loan through my parents :( Though we originally had a Loan through Prosper. My father heard about 20% interest and freaked out. I'm so appreciated to our family.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blog -
    <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.1upbaby.com"><i>www.1upbaby.com</i></a>
    Facebook - Twitter
  • Options
    Definitely savings. We went for DE IVF treatment to Ukraine, Biotexcom. There booked the program for 5 att for 9900 euro. This was our last chance as had no money left for other options in case in failure. Moreover our program went with the guarantee. In case of 5 failures they refund all money paid. This was the last point for us to make the decision, frankly speaking..
  • Options
    @Angelic789 are you from Ukraine? 
  • Options
    The $12k is the price before insurance or discounts. If someone doesn't have insurance coverage, they offer you a discounted price for cash customers. 

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, Drove2u. I'm Ukrainian, my husband is English. (DH already has a kid from his previous marriage). I still have so many friends there. Of course they helped with the process. I mean got all the necessary info for us at the initial stage. For us it seemed financially more attractive to come abroad for treatment than do it home.
    Take care x
  • Options
    I'm Ukrainian too!!! @Angelic789
  • Options
    DH and I have insurance thru my employer which is a Catholic entity and no coverage at all! We took a loan out from CapeXMD that covers 2 fresh and unlimited frozen transfers. First set of meds were included in loan but anything after that was OOP.